Re: A-Rod...how I love the debacle in the Bronx

This is hilarious  -

Mike Francesa falls asleep during A-Rod interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEiqvUyE3r8

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

hahahah Crix.  is that for real???

hahahahahaha

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

hahahahahaha

[/QUOTE]

no it's fake

but what do you care ;-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe 3m

A-Rod said the day Dempster hit him and the HR was the greatest moment of his career.

[/QUOTE]

I guess that meant more to him than winning the 2009 World Series. 

[/QUOTE] hey IC...nice avatar..i can't believe they killed off my man BGriff..

[/QUOTE]

Thanks jete02fan   Laughing

I hope you and your family had a nice thanksgiving.  

I still cannot believe it either.  Seeing Brian die was as painful as seeing my Red Sox blow a 9-game lead to the Rays in Sept of 2011.   LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

hahahahahaha

[/QUOTE] LOL..the editing was good tho :-)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

According to a New York mag report, A-Rod referred to PEDs as ‘food’ in text messages

In the seemingly never-ending saga regarding Alex Rodriguez’s alleged use of performance-enhancing drugs, new allegations have surfaced that indicate the New York Yankees slugger used the code word “food” in text messages when communicating with Biogenesis founder Anthony Bosch when discussing and ordering PEDs. The inflammatory, in-depth and fascinating report in New York magazine alleges that […]The post According to a New York mag report, A-Rod referred to PEDs as ‘food’ in text messages appeared first on Sportress of Blogitude.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

As the day for arbitrator Fredric Horowitz to rule on Rodriguez's appeal of his 211-game ban draws near -- some think it could come as soon as Friday -- the beleaguered slugger has discussed the possibility of accepting a reduced ban without attempting to get an injunction delaying his punishment, according to a source in Rodriguez's camp.

According to the source, a suspension longer than 100 games will likely lead Rodriguez and his attorneys to pursue a temporary restraining order against Horowitz's ruling in federal court.

If he is given a shorter suspension, however, "then Alex will have some things to think about," the source told ESPNNewYork.com.

According to the source, who has been privy to some internal discussions in the Rodriguez camp, the player is weighing the financial implications of continuing to fight this battle versus accepting a suspension that will allow him to take the field sometime in the second half of the coming season.

Taking his battle into the courtroom will cost Rodriguez "at least $10 million, with no guarantee of winning," said the source, while a 100-game ban would cost him $15,425,000 of his scheduled $25 million salary for 2014.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

As the day for arbitrator Fredric Horowitz to rule on Rodriguez's appeal of his 211-game ban draws near -- some think it could come as soon as Friday -- the beleaguered slugger has discussed the possibility of accepting a reduced ban without attempting to get an injunction delaying his punishment, according to a source in Rodriguez's camp.

According to the source, a suspension longer than 100 games will likely lead Rodriguez and his attorneys to pursue a temporary restraining order against Horowitz's ruling in federal court.

If he is given a shorter suspension, however, "then Alex will have some things to think about," the source told ESPNNewYork.com.

According to the source, who has been privy to some internal discussions in the Rodriguez camp, the player is weighing the financial implications of continuing to fight this battle versus accepting a suspension that will allow him to take the field sometime in the second half of the coming season.

Taking his battle into the courtroom will cost Rodriguez "at least $10 million, with no guarantee of winning," said the source, while a 100-game ban would cost him $15,425,000 of his scheduled $25 million salary for 2014.

[/QUOTE]

Give him the same as Braun and be done with it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed....this train wreck has gone on for long enough.  Personally I enjoy watching him choke and make the Yankees a worse team.....and take a huge chunk of their payroll......  Heck.....suspend of 2 weeks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed....this train wreck has gone on for long enough.  Personally I enjoy watching him choke and make the Yankees a worse team.....and take a huge chunk of their payroll......  Heck.....suspend of 2 weeks.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's a real catch-22.

Who do I want punished more?

A-Rod the Barbarian or the Yankees...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

he is 5 or so HR's away from a $5MM bonus.  yankees going to have to keep paying him more and more and more.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] and the slap in all of this is he could have taken that from the beginning when they first came back to him , but no...you had to be Capt Azzhat and hold everything up... 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] and the slap in all of this is he could have taken that from the beginning when they first came back to him , but no...you had to Capt Azzhat and hold everything up... 

[/QUOTE]
    Yup, it seems like he's made the wrong decision every chance he's had.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-team/emails-reveal-war-words-a-rod-yankee-president-article-1.1561810

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/ruling-a-rod-collects-3m-yanks-jan-15-article-1.1571326

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thats a no brainer: you suspend AROD for a token number of games then allow him to come back, unwanted, to a Yankee team that is worse because of it and still has to pay him. We all know what he did; his punishment is to play in purgatory.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe 2m

#RedSox were once furious when the MLBPA didn't approve their trade for A-Rod. Years later it's the gift that keeps giving. Wow.

[/QUOTE]

Just proves again that some of the best trades are the one ya don't make.

If I read the intentions of those trades, we would have sent a young Jon Lester off as a trade piece ....

How glad are we now.

I repeat -

How glad are we now??!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10282537/new-york-yankees-relegate-alex-rodriguez-spring-training

One official said the Yankees could go as far as to have Rodriguez on the minor league side but instruct their coaches to basically ignore him -- to not hit him grounders or throw him batting practice.

To prevent the media circus from disrupting their training, the Yankees could cut Rodriguez -- whom they now owe $61 million from 2015-2017 -- but they would be responsible for paying him anyway. There have been no indications from the Yankees they are thinking about cutting him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10282537/new-york-yankees-relegate-alex-rodriguez-spring-training

One official said the Yankees could go as far as to have Rodriguez on the minor league side but instruct their coaches to basically ignore him -- to not hit him grounders or throw him batting practice.

To prevent the media circus from disrupting their training, the Yankees could cut Rodriguez -- whom they now owe $61 million from 2015-2017 -- but they would be responsible for paying him anyway. There have been no indications from the Yankees they are thinking about cutting him.

[/QUOTE]

C'mon!

Even lowlife scumbags need spring training work!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

C'mon!

[/QUOTE] he could keep his legs in shape by working concessions in the upper deck... 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

How can we ever, in a million years, thank the Yankees enough for signing A-Rod and preventing his coming to the Red Sox?   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

C'mon!

[/QUOTE]

The Yankess will do whatever they can, to embarrass and humiliate him. Rightfully, so. Not that he hasn't done a good job of that, himself

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to crix's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How can we ever, in a million years, thank the Yankees enough for signing A-Rod and preventing his coming to the Red Sox?   

[/QUOTE] admit that the 2004 ALCS was a plot by the government? Tongue Out

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

C'mon!

[/QUOTE] he could keep his legs in shape by working concessions in the upper deck... 

[/QUOTE]

LOL

That would be perfect, Jete!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Moar fun:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10278774/alex-rodriguez-2014-ban-leaves-new-york-yankees-hal-steinbrenner-choice

The hard reality is that no matter what you think of A-Rod, the Yankees brought this situation upon themselves, purely out of greed. They must have suspected that at some point, Rodriguez would get exposed as a steroid user; his numbers were simply too good to be true.

Instead, they chose to see records being broken in a Yankees uniform, seats being filled, merchandise moved, and money shoveled in. That is why the Steinbrenner Bros. chose to publicly undermine their own GM, who had vowed he would not negotiate with A-Rod if he opted out of his contract in 2007. It is why they chose to bid against themselves in giving him a raise from his original 10-year, $252 million contract, which was suddenly characterized as inadequate. It is why they allowed five home run clauses, at $6 million a pop, to be built in on top of the $275 million they were guaranteeing him.

And that is why Alex Rodriguez is now vowing to be back in a Yankees uniform, at any cost.

So now, Steinbrenner has two choices, both of them tough to swallow.

He can do nothing, and ensure having Rodriguez to kick around, and vice versa, for the next four years.

Or he can do something that may bruise his wallet but will certainly help his team -- that is, cut A-Rod loose. Maybe not today or tomorrow, but sometime between now and Feb. 19.

Either way, Steinbrenner is parting with that $61 million.

Now, he must decide if it's time to part with Alex Rodriguez, as well.