A-ROD:"More than one party benefits with me gone,its not my teammates+not YANKEE fans!"..what does he mean, how could this play out?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Re: A-ROD:

In response to ImagydSportsForTwitter's comment:

sounds like a full frontal assault on the yankee brand. shows how PR clueless this guy can be. at least he's reading the tea leawes. must b horrible when u know ur hated by your bosses but hawe to go thru the motions. clearly he will get the death penalty on sunday.. then he will appeal the dead man walking clause and get to play? wow! wonder if yanks will simultaneously announce they are going after his $ at the same time?puts girardii and team unity in a baddd place. poor jeter..likely will be out there on Monday.. perhaps yanks can do what happens in football and send him home with pay as the legal process plays out.  frankly, thats what i would do!

also for a-fraud he's playin with house $ in many ways. he's guaranteed $40m from rangers in deferred payments with INTEREST til 2020 or so. so this is solely about 60m. if he's out for a year and a half, thats about half of that gone. so what does he hawe to lose? lifetime ban basically means he's out of all that $. may as well fight. not well played by bud.

perhaps u say 2 and a half year ban if no deal, but one and a half with a deal. he can go to mexico or japan for that period r play in th eindys at some point to stay fresh. clearly any deal would preclude the yanks from going after his $. perhaps thi si the sticking point. yanks dont want to make that guarantee! either way welcome to the BRONX ZOO redux!

Best case for Red Sox is that Arod is not suspended and the Yanks are forced to honor his deal as he fades to black in his twilight years making in excess of 25M. Most likely senerio is that he's given a 50 game suspension and misses the rest of this season without pay.

While I get that many argue that the Yankees entered into their current deal with him not knowing that he was an abuser of steriods. As such, should not have to carry the burden of his salary moving forward. I struggle with that contention. It takes me back to a couple of questions that today are still unanswered...

When did Major league baseballs leadership discover that steroid use had become the norm and who condoned it. I can't buy into the idea that the owners and general managers of every ball club  who's job is to ensure that they do their due diligence on every employee they hire somehow were duped. End of the day, they all turned a blind eye as the cash registers started to go off like slot machines and today are now hiding behind the commissioner as someone who is now seen as being the voice of reason and the pillar of the community...the same guy that allowed this scourge to infest the game on his watch...

Personnaly, while I am not going to paint myself as someone that is the champion of ethics...I also think that the players are now seen as the culprits when in fact Selig and Fehr are both chiefly responsible for what is now know as the "steroid era"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

He will never play again for the YANK$ or any other team......  Done, cooked !!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Best case for Red Sox is that Arod is not suspended and the Yanks are forced to honor his deal as he fades to black in his twilight years making in excess of 25M. Most likely senerio is that he's given a 50 game suspension and misses the rest of this season without pay.

It is the moral delimma of our time.  True BB fans would want him tossed out for life.  True BB fans can easily say that all parties, including the NYY, must be punished.  All NYY haters will enjoy it either way.

While I get that many argue that the Yankees entered into their current deal with him not knowing that he was an abuser of steriods. As such, should not have to carry the burden of his salary moving forward.

Think of it as if you were on a jury, and the key question was 'did the NYY know, or did the NYY have strong reasons to suspect, and turned a blind eye?'.  Then ARod's lawyer brings in a parade of guys hired by the NYY that had a PEDs past.  Then makes the case that the NYY were the center of the steroid world, not ARod.

I don't think anyone outside NYC will think that the NYY were some naive execs duped by ARod.  And for the money involved, it'll be scorched earth time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

It is the moral delimma of our time.  True BB fans would want him tossed out for life.  True BB fans can easily say that all parties, including the NYY, must be punished.  All NYY haters will enjoy it either way.

While I get that many argue that the Yankees entered into their current deal with him not knowing that he was an abuser of steriods. As such, should not have to carry the burden of his salary moving forward.

Think of it as if you were on a jury, and the key question was 'did the NYY know, or did the NYY have strong reasons to suspect, and turned a blind eye?'.  Then ARod's lawyer brings in a parade of guys hired by the NYY that had a PEDs past.  Then makes the case that the NYY were the center of the steroid world, not ARod.

I don't think anyone outside NYC will think that the NYY were some naive execs duped by ARod.  And for the money involved, it'll be scorched earth time.

A bit of an embellishment Joe.

The Yankees as far as I know didn't bring in people that they actually knew were using.

A few of the players they had were outed as was the entire PED ball of wax came apart when they played for the Yankees. Like Sheffield, Giambi and Clemens.

Seriously who suspected Clemens until those stories broke. Giambi was coming off an MVP when the Yankees signed him. The only reason the Yankees acquired Arod is because a deal in place with the Red Sox fell apart.

Any team in that era who went anywhere in the post season had an assortment of users on their roster including the Boston red Sox.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Just saw his press conference, from last night. He truly is clueless, defiant and delusional 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

While I get that many argue that the Yankees entered into their current deal with him not knowing that he was an abuser of steriods. As such, should not have to carry the burden of his salary moving forward. I struggle with that contention. It takes me back to a couple of questions that today are still unanswered...

greetings BT

When did Major league baseballs leadership discover that steroid use had become the norm and who condoned it. I can't buy into the idea that the owners and general managers of every ball club  who's job is to ensure that they do their due diligence on every employee they hire somehow were duped. End of the day, they all turned a blind eye as the cash registers started to go off like slot machines

while money is always going to be a factor in a biz

I dissagree with the premiss of your question

I don't think not wanting another strike while still recovering from the last one

is condoning something

and today are now hiding behind the commissioner as someone who is now seen as being the voice of reason and the pillar of the community...the same guy that allowed this scourge to infest the game on his watch...

while I admit you have a right to look at it that way

what's the point

just because he didn't move fast enough

he shouldn't now ?

is it fair to knock him for both  not moving & moving

IMO he had to take the baby steps

he had no magic wand to make things good

without making them ugly first

BB was not in the position it is today when it comes to taking such a hit

nor was plublic opinion/ support as strongly behind  him as it is today

Personnaly, while I am not going to paint myself as someone that is the champion of ethics...I also think that the players are now seen as the culprits when in fact Selig and Fehr are both chiefly responsible for what is now know as the "steroid era"

fehr - yes

bud-hardly

his hands were tied by the union

IMO the blame for the "steroid era"

is on the players both the clean ones & users

IMO the difference today is the  non users aren't

sitting quietly and are now are pressuring the union

to help bud rather than fight him

what do U say BT

deja vu all over again ;-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

And look at the game today. How can any fan with a half of a brain comfortably say there are no cheats on his team when we have this list surfacing from Biogenesis that has a scant number of names who have actually failed an MLB administered test.

If in fact the evidence on Arod is to be believed they have evidence going back years that proves he has been a long term abuser with only the 2003 MLB adminstered test to date that he has failed.

I remember Manny was busted because he an elevated amount of a female fertility drug in his system which is used to mask PED usage.

Faye Vincent said last week the MLB drug program has failed miserably.

I'll say what I alway have until things change, the cheats are always one step ahead.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Just saw his press conference, from last night. He truly is clueless, defiant and delusional 

U needed to see that press conference to figure that out?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Difficult to watch.

Hard to believe his defiance.

If he continues to stonewall on Monday MLB will absolve the Yankees from one of the worst sports contracts on the books.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Matt Weiters:

BA .234 OBP .294

Yeah Buck we want some of that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

Difficult to watch.

Hard to believe his defiance.

If he continues to stonewall on Monday MLB will absolve the Yankees from one of the worst sports contracts on the books.

U mean there are contracts as bad? Maybe those guys on the LAA are in the vicinity,  perhaps. Albert Haynesworth, Zito, and Vernon Wells, and some in the NBA, but still not to this extent.

Regardless, this game of chicken should be wrapping up, one way or the other.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

No, but I was actually surprised, to the degree of it. I thought he handled the PED issue fairly well, in 2008. This goes beyond logic, even for him

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, but I was actually surprised, to the degree of it. I thought he handled the PED issue fairly well, in 2008. This goes beyond logic, even for him

[/QUOTE]

Maybe he stopped taking his Spock pills

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

The Yankees as far as I know didn't bring in people that they actually knew were using.

A few of the players they had were outed as was the entire PED ball of wax came apart when they played for the Yankees. Like Sheffield, Giambi and Clemens.

Seriously who suspected Clemens until those stories broke. Giambi was coming off an MVP when the Yankees signed him. The only reason the Yankees acquired Arod is because a deal in place with the Red Sox fell apart.

Any team in that era who went anywhere in the post season had an assortment of users on their roster including the Boston red Sox.

Giambi hit 63 HR in a stretch of 600 ABs from the end 2005 and the beginning of 2006.  At that point, if you don't believe, then you'll never believe.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Getting good now:

Alex Rodriguez approached Yankees about possible buyout, per New York Daily News

http://www.pinstripedbible.com/2013/8/3/4585928/alex-rodriguez-biogenesis-suspensions-peds-yankees-buyout

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Rodriguez Said to Seek Meetings With Baseball and Yankees

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/04/sports/baseball/rodriguez-said-to-seek-meetings-with-baseball-and-yankees.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=1&

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

He would seem to be implying that Selig is conspiring with Steinbrenner against him. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Alex Rodriguez just talked himself out of a possible settlement with Major League Baseball and faces a 214-game suspension to be handed down on Monday, the Daily News has learned.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Giambi hit 63 HR in a stretch of 600 ABs from the end 2005 and the beginning of 2006.  At that point, if you don't believe, then you'll never believe.

Oh stop.

Like he was the first in baseball history to go on a freakin tear.

Kind of like the tear Ortiz was on from 2005 to 2006

He was outed as a juicer when Balco was busted after he signed with the Yankees.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

He would seem to be implying that Selig is conspiring with Steinbrenner against him. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

Sounds like a good ol' mexican stand off.....my money's on Hal and Bud

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to torgorocks' comment:

In response to Beantowne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ImagydSportsForTwitter's comment:

[QUOTE]

sounds like a full frontal assault on the yankee brand. shows how PR clueless this guy can be. at least he's reading the tea leawes. must b horrible when u know ur hated by your bosses but hawe to go thru the motions. clearly he will get the death penalty on sunday.. then he will appeal the dead man walking clause and get to play? wow! wonder if yanks will simultaneously announce they are going after his $ at the same time?puts girardii and team unity in a baddd place. poor jeter..likely will be out there on Monday.. perhaps yanks can do what happens in football and send him home with pay as the legal process plays out.  frankly, thats what i would do!

also for a-fraud he's playin with house $ in many ways. he's guaranteed $40m from rangers in deferred payments with INTEREST til 2020 or so. so this is solely about 60m. if he's out for a year and a half, thats about half of that gone. so what does he hawe to lose? lifetime ban basically means he's out of all that $. may as well fight. not well played by bud.

perhaps u say 2 and a half year ban if no deal, but one and a half with a deal. he can go to mexico or japan for that period r play in th eindys at some point to stay fresh. clearly any deal would preclude the yanks from going after his $. perhaps thi si the sticking point. yanks dont want to make that guarantee! either way welcome to the BRONX ZOO redux!

When did Major league baseballs leadership discover that steroid use had become the norm and who condoned it. I can't buy into the idea that the owners and general managers of every ball club  who's job is to ensure that they do their due diligence on every employee they hire somehow were duped. End of the day, they all turned a blind eye as the cash registers started to go off like slot machines and today are now hiding behind the commissioner as someone who is now seen as being the voice of reason and the pillar of the community...the same guy that allowed this scourge to infest the game on his watch...

[/QUOTE]

Great post! Bud Selig is the George W. Bush of baseball.

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure, as far as spending goes, you meant to say Obama...the person who has spent more than any other administration combined.

Sections
Shortcuts