A SHORTSTOP???????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Re: A SHORTSTOP???????

Inglesias?  What about Aviles?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In Response to Re: A SHORTSTOP???????:
    In Response to Re: A SHORTSTOP??????? : Is that what I said?  You asked about high end SS's that COULD be available......
    Posted by andrewmitch

And you sure Cabrera could be available?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Sheesh --

It used to be the curse of the Babe, and now it's the curse of the highly paid shortstops.  ...and others.

If this goes according to history, the Sox will trade Iggy and a few others for another over-paid underachiever like...um .. pick anyone.  Lackey? Renteria? Lugo? CC? Drew?

Then, a year later, we'll be talking about how much salary the Sox will have to eat to get rid of the dude.  And two years later, Iggy will be eating up ground balls and hitting .303 for someone else.

Please guys, break the cycle. We don't need any more shiney things here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Boston was trying to trade Crawford to Marlins for Reyes.  But both side couldnt get it work out!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: A SHORTSTOP???????":
    Boston was trying to trade Crawford to Marlins for Reyes.  But both side couldnt get it work out!! Posted by GoUconn13
    I heard the "brief" discussion was centered around Hanley Ramirez, whom the Sox would have then flipped to Oakland. My guess is Miami wanted the Sox to take Heath Bell and eat a lot of the Crawford deal, which is possibly why the conversation didnt go anywhere.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In Response to Re: A SHORTSTOP??????? : Lowrie has the highest OPS among NL SS.
    Posted by harv53

on the dl again...go figure

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to A SHORTSTOP???????:
    The Red Sox are trying to find a high-end starting pitcher or a shortstop, one official told Sherman. REALLY?? what is Inglesias for then? Heard Scutaro is available
    Posted by Iceman4

I'm not sure what Jose Iglesias is, but I know the shortstop is not among the 175+ top prospects mentioned on the midseason list prepared by John Sickels of Minor League Ball:

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012/7/2/3130761/top-120-prospect-list-for-2012-midseason-revision-update

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In Response to A SHORTSTOP??????? : I'm not sure what Jose Iglesias is, but I know the shortstop is not among the 175+ top prospects mentioned on the midseason list prepared by John Sickels of Minor League Ball : http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012/7/2/3130761/top-120-prospect-list-for-2012-midseason-revision-update
    Posted by hill55

All I kept hearing was this was the Red Sox shortstop of the future.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to A SHORTSTOP??????? : I'm not sure what Jose Iglesias is, but I know the shortstop is not among the 175+ top prospects mentioned on the midseason list prepared by John Sickels of Minor League Ball : http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012/7/2/3130761/top-120-prospect-list-for-2012-midseason-revision-update
    Posted by hill55

The Sox fans tauting Iglisias as the next Sox SS are setting themselves up for another disappointment. Once they see him fail to produce RISP over and over again they will jump off his bandwagon faster than you can say Jose!

The Sox would be wise to pursue another option outside the organization if they are truly dis-satisfied with Aviles...although I believe this kid has been a servicable option at SS this year. But if they could upgrade I'd be fine with that too.

Sctuaro and Lowrie would not be classified as upgrades in my opinion.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

scutaro was good ss and he was fairly cheap by todays standards...and played hard...so naturally Ben decided to unload him and to put a journeyman player at the most important position....our GM is a rocket scientist...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

scutaro was good ss and he was fairly cheap by todays standards...and played hard...so naturally Ben decided to unload him and to put a journeyman player at the most important position....our GM is a rocket scientist...
    Posted by georom4

He did that to clear salary because Theo had gone over budget.

Would you rather have Scutaro OR Alives, Ross, and Mortenson? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

While the Indians would like to upgrade their rotation, they aren't interested in rental players, ESPN.com's Jerry Crasnick reports (on Twitter). Here’s the latest on the Indians, who have a 50-49 record after defeating the Tigers last night...

• Asdrubal Cabrera would appeal to a team like Oakland, but the Indians would have to be blown away to move their shortstop, Crasnick reports (on Twitter). 

think we have some spare # 1's lying around........loll

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

In Response to A SHORTSTOP???????:
    The Red Sox are trying to find a high-end starting pitcher or a shortstop, one official told Sherman. REALLY?? what is Inglesias for then? Heard Scutaro is available
    Posted by Iceman4

I G L E S I A S     NOT INGLESIAS THERE IS NO "N"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

do you mean Aceves ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: A SHORTSTOP??????? : He did that to clear salary because Theo had gone over budget. Would you rather have Scutaro OR Alives, Ross, and Mortenson? 
    Posted by andrewmitch

point was that it wasnt necessary...after the epic collapse in 2011 ben decides that moving this guy, who played harder than anyone given his aches/pains & making 6 mil a yr is the top priority???? 

maybe he should have spent more time examining the head cases that are his pitchers...or thinking about why he would let his two best relievers vacate their positions and gamble on injured relievers?

Ross is a nice player and I like Aviles....but they werent key to our success...we already had decent players in those positions that we traded away...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I'm much rather have Aviles, Ross and Mortenson...yes

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

I'm much rather have Aviles, Ross and Mortenson...yes
    Posted by dannycater

All day long...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: A SHORTSTOP??????? : point was that it wasnt necessary...after the epic collapse in 2011 ben decides that moving this guy, who played harder than anyone given his aches/pains & making 6 mil a yr is the top priority????  maybe he should have spent more time examining the head cases that are his pitchers...or thinking about why he would let his two best relievers vacate their positions and gamble on injured relievers? Ross is a nice player and I like Aviles....but they werent key to our success...we already had decent players in those positions that we traded away...
    Posted by georom4

I liked Scoot too but you are missing the point

Ben had to clear $$$

We added Ross - where would we be RIGHT now w/o Ross? 

Aviles got the SS job and he's doing well - or at least he was

Mortenson fills in well in spots

And what is Scoot doing today? 

I don't think there is a GM in baseball who wouldn't take Ross, Aviles, and Morteson for Scoot

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

but andrew it wasnt those three guys for scutaro and you know that...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

but andrew it wasnt those three guys for scutaro and you know that...
    Posted by georom4

But Geo - where am I losing you?

Trading Scoot was done to free up $ so they can sign Ross

They also got Mortenson

and it allowed Aviles to start

So yes, although it was those guys they get directly in the trade per se, it was EXACTLY those THREE guys they GOT as a result of the trade

It was the right move - even if it just freed up $ for Ross it was the right move

Sections
Shortcuts