A SHORTSTOP???????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

Re: A SHORTSTOP???????

In Response to Re: A SHORTSTOP???????:
    [QUOTE]but andrew it wasnt those three guys for scutaro and you know that...
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

What!?  They moved Scutaro thinking Aviles could be a cheaper option and possibly even an upgrade, Mortensen was actually part of the trade and the money they saved on the Scutaro deal allowed them to sign Ross. It's actually pretty simple.  It's fine if you want to whine about trades, but this one was a clear win for the Sox...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

scutaro could not field his position.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A SHORTSTOP??????? : What!?  They moved Scutaro thinking Aviles could be a cheaper option and possibly even an upgrade, Mortensen was actually part of the trade and the money they saved on the Scutaro deal allowed them to sign Ross. It's actually pretty simple.  It's fine if you want to whine about trades, but this one was a clear win for the Sox...
    Posted by jasko2248[/QUOTE]

but they only got Mortenson for Scutaro!  LMAO...and all trades are done in VACUUM!  Laughing

I don't know what else we can say Jasko...........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]scutaro could not field his position.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

he was one of a few men who didn't quit last year and I'll never forget him for that but his shoulder is about to fall off, this should be his last season......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A SHORTSTOP??????? : But Geo - where am I losing you? Trading Scoot was done to free up $ so they can sign Ross They also got Mortenson and it allowed Aviles to start So yes, although it was those guys they get directly in the trade per se, it was EXACTLY those THREE guys they GOT as a result of the trade It was the right move - even if it just freed up $ for Ross it was the right move
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

what is this nonsense about saving money? they just freed themselves of Drew's 14 million...why did that not save them money? Why wasnt that the savings that purchased Ross? We already had Aviles...if we wanted to him be the ss, then he shouldve competed with scutaro...and the loser wouldve been the UI...instead we got Punto...we had Reddick who was better than Drew last year in the wings and we traded him...because we let our top 2 relievers go..one to another team, one to attempt to start...that was Ben's big move..put Bard in the rotation...and you called it yourself that once failed before...and Ross is a one year rental...you think he's NOT going to test the open market after this season is gone? really. Morteson for Scutaro...you think that is a good deal?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Geo, Scoot was gone after 2012 also, so making the fact that Ross is a 1 year rental is cancelled out. (Plus, I think Ross might take less to keep playing in Boston beyond this year.)

The Scoot trade was clearly made with the idea that Aviles would not be a drop-off in 2012 from what Scott was projected to give us at his age. True, the trade was not for Aviles, but it clearly was related. Mortensen is more for the future, but he has great promise and is under team control for many more years.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A SHORTSTOP??????? : New York Post columnist Joel Sherman: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/red_sox_revival_rests_on_lester_KQ1NVJy3dtyNlMCMaKHKLK/0
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

Two questions:  Does anyone really take the NY Post seriously?

Do these unnamed execs give any credibility to the story?

My answer is no, no.

But then I'm just one...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A SHORTSTOP??????? : what is this nonsense about saving money? they just freed themselves of Drew's 14 million...why did that not save them money? Why wasnt that the savings that purchased Ross? We already had Aviles...if we wanted to him be the ss, then he shouldve competed with scutaro...and the loser wouldve been the UI...instead we got Punto...we had Reddick who was better than Drew last year in the wings and we traded him...because we let our top 2 relievers go..one to another team, one to attempt to start...that was Ben's big move..put Bard in the rotation...and you called it yourself that once failed before...and Ross is a one year rental...you think he's NOT going to test the open market after this season is gone? really. Morteson for Scutaro...you think that is a good deal?

you're right, the Red Sox have no budgetary constraints......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

how you all liking your shortstop tonite?  he cost us three runs...aviles has no footwork because he is NOT a ss..

scutaro makes that dp blindfolded..not an upgrade...sorry

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]how you all liking your shortstop tonite?  he cost us three runs...aviles has no footwork because he is NOT a ss.. scutaro makes that dp blindfolded..not an upgrade...sorry

How are you liking your washed up second baseman?  He gave you a run and saved you another run........

Aviles didn't mess that up - Pedey gave him a bad feed and by the way, just so you know, it was COOK who threw the MEAT BALL up in the zone!!!  At most, Aviles cost you ONE run....you realize that those runs were all EARNED, right?  No error, right?

I really think you are out a tad bit lost here Geo.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

he just cost us a 4th run by not going after that ball hit up the middle..brutal...i guess if his name isnt crawford (how do you like those apples btw) i guess he wont be called out by you

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]he just cost us a 4th run by not going after that ball hit up the middle..brutal...i guess if his name isnt crawford (how do you like those apples btw) i guess he wont be called out by you

You can keep yelling at Aviles but then you will have to give back Mortenson and Ross.  Do you realize where we'd be without Ross this year?  And yes, nice job CC - that's 1 HR on July 27th.........

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i like aviles AM but cmon, blaming that dp on Pedey????

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]i like aviles AM but cmon, blaming that dp on Pedey????

I didn't blame Pedey completely.

Have you ever heard of contributory negligence?  Did you think that was a good feed by Pedey?  Plus you realize that you can't assume the DP, right?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

AM, the point i was trying to make about those trades was that those positions were not dire...we all know what needed to be fixed after 2011...Ben didnt address it..in fact he has made it worse by lettings paps walk,  destroying bard, and trading for injured 24/7 Bailey... and now putting his best starter, Morales, in the pen for God knows what reason...the only good thing is that Cook is gone from the rotation after today

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A SHORTSTOP??????? : Lowrie has the highest OPS among NL SS.
    Posted by harv53[/QUOTE]

1.  He doesn't.  Try and keep up.
    2.  He's on the DL, which is actually the postiion Topps lists on his baseball card...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to "Re: A SHORTSTOP???????": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: A SHORTSTOP??????? : on the dl again...go figure Posted by stillallbost08[/QUOTE] Boston leads the league in DL. It's just flashbacks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]This is good, Andrew arguing with Georom. Like watching a wasp in a spider's web.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

You beat me to it ... by quite a bit.  But as I was reading, I began laughing ...

I'm  on Pedey's side, btw.  For all he gives the team, NOT making a possible play in the mind of a fan is

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

NL SS OPS:
    1) Ian Desmond .825 Wsh  385 PAs
    2) Jed Lowrie     .799  Hou  327 PAs

22. This post has been removed.