A simple Explanation of Baseball

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

A simple Explanation of Baseball

Just got this from a family member and thought Id share it with all of you.....

This is a game played by two teams, one out, the other in.

The one thats in sends plyers out one at a time to see if they can get in before they get out.
    If they get out before they get in, they come in, but it doesnt count. If they get in before they get out, it does count.

When the ones out get three outs from the ones in before they get in without being out, the team thats out comes in and the team in goes out to get those going in out before they get in without being out.

When both teams have been in and out nine times, the game is over. the team with the most in without being out before coming in wins unless the ones in are equal. In which case, the last ones in go out to get the ones in out before they get in without being out.

The game will end when each team has the same number of ins out but one team has more in without being out before coming in.

Now, any questions on the ins and outs of baseball?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: A simple Explanation of Baseball

That was pretty good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Yeah, but who's on first?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from playball01. Show playball01's posts

Great thread! Does the family member also play golf? I can't figure out why I continuously go out and buy these expensive golf balls only to hit them into the woods. I spend half my time looking for it and once I find it I feel compelled to repeat the same behavior. Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result .........jeesh.

Would I be better off taking the little white balls, sticking them in my pocket and going home? Please advise!! I've been doing this for years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Thanks guys..sorry,No PB01, he doesnt play golf. probably for the exact same reason you describe.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

In Response to A simple Explanation of Baseball:
    [QUOTE]Just got this from a family member and thought Id share it with all of you..... This is a game played by two teams, one out, the other in. The one thats in sends plyers out one at a time to see if they can get in before they get out. If they get out before they get in, they come in, but it doesnt count. If they get in before they get out, it does count. When the ones out get three outs from the ones in before they get in without being out, the team thats out comes in and the team in goes out to get those going in out before they get in without being out. When both teams have been in and out nine times, the game is over. the team with the most in without being out before coming in wins unless the ones in are equal. In which case, the last ones in go out to get the ones in out before they get in without being out. The game will end when each team has the same number of ins out but one team has more in without being out before coming in. Now, any questions on the ins and outs of baseball?
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: A simple Explanation of Baseball:
    [QUOTE]Great thread! Does the family member also play golf? I can't figure out why I continuously go out and buy these expensive golf balls only to hit them into the woods. I spend half my time looking for it and once I find it I feel compelled to repeat the same behavior. Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result .........jeesh. Would I be better off taking the little white balls, sticking them in my pocket and going home? Please advise!! I've been doing this for years.
    Posted by playball01[/QUOTE]

Couldn't stay away, could you?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to A simple Explanation of Baseball :
    Posted by losmediasrojas[/QUOTE]

I think this pic belongs with the - Did he leave him in too long? - thread.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49H0IfoILwQ&feature=related

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49H0IfoILwQ&feature=related
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Most teams got a squeeze play
    They keep in a chest
    And when the runner comes home
    The play is the best

You can wait all night
    And when the time is right
    Most teams got a squeeze play
    See it on Baseball-Tonight

Well Tito don't squeeze
    And he wont even bunt
    There's no change in his game
    That ol' dog won't hunt

'Cause you can be playing all night
    And even if the timing's right
    Tito's got a squeeze play
    But you won't see it tonight

The runs come in and out and in and out and in and out and in and out

Cause' when your playing all night
    And the timing's all right
    Ells never scores at night

We go, squeeze it, come on and squeeze it!
    Come on and tease me like you do
    I'm so upset with you
    But tonight is not the night!