A Sox-Yankees September classic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NLU75. Show NLU75's posts

Re: A Sox-Yankees September classic

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

A couple more comments.  That throw by Suzuki in the 10th was just unreal.  Ellsbury, probably the fastest Red Sox player ever, was going at contact, and would have been out if the catcher fields it cleanly.  Suzuki had to run to his right front and then throw--strong and accurate.  I despise ARod, but I think he challenged that ruling just so he could play some more baseball--think shoeless joe jackson in the field of dreams.  It is, after all, a great game to play, especially in September in Yankee Stadium against the upstart Red Sox. 

I was a little harsh on Rivera, a great gentleman and the best closer ever.  But I stand by my point on another thread that against Napoli you can't just throw fastballs and cut fastballs.  Last night he really needed a curve or slider, but with two outs and no one on, who could possibly blame him for going with his best pitches? 

Great pickoff to get Ellsbury earlier in the game.  He was definitely leaning toward second when the throw was made. 

As much as I miss Iglesias and I really do, if he was still here, Middlebrooks would be in Pawtucket or sitting in the dugout.  After that big hit in game two against the Tigers, WMB said he was looking for a slider and told himself not to try to do too much with it, just go back up the middle.  Now that is a youngish player who has benefitted from tough times. 

Ellsbury was not going on contact  & waited to watch the ball then tookoff. Thats why the throw beat him by a mile,  just glad the yankee catcher is brutal & botched the play

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NLU75. Show NLU75's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

gotta say, despite the outcome(ouch!!Tongue Out) this was one of those long ones i didn't mind staying up for..thank God it wasn't sunday tho Smile

Jete, hate to tell you this but Jeter was brutal on defense last night if he was just a below average shortstop yanks probably win the game

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

[QUOTE]

Uehara has a 26-inning scoreless streak over 23 games.   Laughing

Positively Mo-like, isn't it?

By the way, everytime I see your avatar, I want to say "You got a lot of problems."  I assume you get that reference?

[/QUOTE]

Good morning LloydDobler   Laughing

I saw the movie, "Ted" at least five times.  So my girlfriend gave me a similar reference.  LOL

Take care and have a nice weekend!   Cool

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to NLU75's comment:

[QUOTE]

gotta say, despite the outcome(ouch!!Tongue Out) this was one of those long ones i didn't mind staying up for..thank God it wasn't sunday tho Smile

Jete, hate to tell you this but Jeter was brutal on defense last night if he was just a below average shortstop yanks probably win the game

[/QUOTE]meh, maybe true, but sorry, Derek Jeter was far from the reason they lost that game 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NLU75. Show NLU75's posts

meh, maybe true, but sorry, Derek Jeter was far from the reason they lost that game 

Jeter's defense gave us 2 runs, anyway that how I see it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

[QUOTE]

meh, maybe true, but sorry, Derek Jeter was far from the reason they lost that game 

Jeter's defense gave us 2 runs, anyway that how I see it.

[/QUOTE]

Probably so, but Drew botched a double play by not releasing his throw quicker.  Iglesias makes the play 9 out of 10 times.  Iglesias also makes the Jeter plays easily. 

Jeter has probably been overrated defensively, but was and is still valuable at SS because of his hitting and leadership.  There aren't many SS's who hit as well as Jeter for as long a time. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

Question to the Yankees fans (or all i guess)...

what is more devastating/heart breaking?

losing 7-2?

or coming all the way back, blowing the game with 1 strike to go, and losing in extras?

sure it stung but

far from devastating or heart breaking

I look at like U blew a a 5 run lead

and we blew a 1 run lead

personally i think the carry over for the yankees is marginalized. 

agreed, W or L the pressure on nyy to win tonight would be the same

however, if Mo closes that game out there is serious negative vibes in the Nation.  now, there is absolutely zero pressure on the Sox the rest of this series.....

pressure on the Sox ?

didn't think there was any on the sox

other than

it's sept and 2011 team stilll had a better record at this point ;-)

thanks 4 asking slash

I hope this helps

Actually they were 85-57 after 142 games in 2011 as well, but I guess your point is still valid.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

and we blew a 1 run lead

How's that looking tonight?

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

and we blew a 1 run lead

not 2 bad

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

and we blew a 1 run lead

not 2 bad

GM Zac,

Watching the games the last 2 nights I couldn't help but think this is what the yanks did to us for years. Feels good to be them for a change. That said the yanks are still in it for the second WC spot.  I hope they get in. Nothing beats a sox/yanks game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

greetings HH

yanks BP which was it's biggest strength most of the yr

has now turned into it's biggest  weakness

not much else 2 say right now besides

that's baseball

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

greetings HH

yanks BP which was it's biggest strength most of the yr

has now turned into it's biggest  weakness