A strange idea

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

A strange idea

I, personally, do not agree with this idea, but it isn't completely crazy like it might sound at first. Obviously this would never happen, but it's something to think about.
     When I was reading a Tony Mazz piece about the Red Sox not needing to trade, I saw a strange comment. This was their trade proposal:
     Ellsbury, Scutaro, and Iglesias for
     Reyes and Beltran.
     I would throw in Dubront if I were to do that trade, as that may not be enough. Beltran can play RF and Reddick can play center. Reyes takes over at short. Reyes and Ells are both having career years (so far, anyways), are about the same age (Reyes is 28, Ellsbury is 27), and are the same type of player. When Beltran leaves after the year, you move Reddick back to right and put Kalish in center. Personally, I don't like this idea, and it's never going to happen, but I just want your opinion on it.
     Also, the trade doesn't go through if I can't sign Reyes to an extension before the deadline.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sjddaj. Show sjddaj's posts

Re: A strange idea

Over all talent may be pretty close.  But, it will be A LOT more expensive to sign both Reyes AND Beltran than it does to have Ells, Scutaro, and Iglesias.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Beltran is old. Why would we ever trade Els for him, even if it nets Reyes. Best CFer along with solid SS prospect for best SS and has-been? Seems like a bad deal for us.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

so you want to trade ells who has two years left on his contract, scutaro, who nobody wants, Iglesias, who everyone else besides redsox fans knows he's not going to hit over .200 in the majors, and Doubront. For 2 months of Reyes and Beltran. 

seems completely logical on both sides.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Read Chad Finn's most reacent "touching all the bases."  You shouldn't even trade Ellsbury straight up for Beltran and Reyes, let alone throw in one of your top prospects.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

If we could sign Reyes long term, I would consider Reddick and Iglesias, but I would not offer one dime for Beltran.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Re: A strange idea:
    [QUOTE]Beltran is old. Why would we ever trade Els for him, even if it nets Reyes. Best CFer along with solid SS prospect for best SS and has-been? Seems like a bad deal for us.
    Posted by NUSoxFan[/QUOTE]

No, Wake and Tek are old! Eles will be traded at some point.  Beltran is ranked 46th in the league offensively, how in the hell is that a "has-been"?

My worry would be jarring team chemistry. On paper it is a no brainer, you make the deal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

I wondered who was the one vote out of twelve.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I hate the idea

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

No. The only way Jake should be leaving this organization is via a trade for a young, right-handed hitting stud like Matt Kemp. Iglesias is the future. Scutaro is a solid option, right now. Beltran would be nothing more than a rental, and Reyes would be a similar risk, demanding the Crawbust money that Inepstein should never hand out to a player again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to A strange idea:
    [QUOTE] I, personally, do not agree with this idea, but it isn't completely crazy like it might sound at first. Obviously this would never happen, but it's something to think about.  When I was reading a Tony Mazz piece about the Red Sox not needing to trade, I saw a strange comment. This was their trade proposal:  Ellsbury, Scutaro, and Iglesias for  Reyes and Beltran.  I would throw in Dubront if I were to do that trade, as that may not be enough. Beltran can play RF and Reddick can play center. Reyes takes over at short. Reyes and Ells are both having career years (so far, anyways), are about the same age (Reyes is 28, Ellsbury is 27), and are the same type of player. When Beltran leaves after the year, you move Reddick back to right and put Kalish in center. Personally, I don't like this idea, and it's never going to happen, but I just want your opinion on it.  Also, the trade doesn't go through if I can't sign Reyes to an extension before the deadline.
    Posted by WE5NUTS[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't trade Ells for either of them.  Beltran isn't needed if Reddick keeps hitting so why waste the young talent on him?  Reyes is another story, I said this before and truly believe the Sox should go after him hard as a FA.  His health could be a risk but no more so than signing Drew, Lackey and Dice,

Reyes added to our lineup would give us a devastating offense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

Hey, I said I didn't agree. It was just a post I saw, and I wanted to see what other people thought. It wasn't even my own idea.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Any just broaching the subject of trading Jake is either plain nuts, or related to Softy, or both.