A tale of 2 games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

A tale of 2 games

Ellsbury goes 2 for 4 and drives in 6 Saturday. Then, he goes 0 for 5, and leaves 8 men on base Sunday.
    It's a funny game!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: A tale of 2 games

In the three games series, AGon and Youk combined for 0 rbi's.  That's why all teams need a "distributed" lineup, which means that anyone can get the big hit.  In this series, Crawford, the cold one, was red hot.  And Scutaro, the maligned one, wasn't far behind. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Don't forget Lackey,  He pitched a great game.

Funny - the one game everyone had going to the Yankees was won by Lackey.  Most people had Lester winning and I think Beckett was clear favorite in Game 3, a game they barely won.  Go figure.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Beckett has decided to change his first name to ND 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: A tale of 2 games:
    [QUOTE]Beckett has decided to change his first name to ND 
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Either that or Greg Maddux.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Beckett has decided to change his first name to ND 
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Pretty weird:  Beckett will probably end up with one of his lowest wins totals in what is arguably his best season ever (I think he is pitching better this year than 07 regular season).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A tale of 2 games : Pretty weird:  Beckett will probably end up with one of his lowest wins totals in what is arguably his best season ever (I think he is pitching better this year than 07 regular season).
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

It is strange that he has had what 4 or 5 ND's in a row (wait, I think he did have one win mixed in there).
    What really surprised me was how well Garcia pitched. he must have been paying attention to the book on RS hitters cause all he did was throw junk at them, and we don't hit junk real well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A tale of 2 games : It is strange that he has had what 4 or 5 ND's in a row (wait, I think he did have one win mixed in there). What really surprised me was how well Garcia pitched. he must have been paying attention to the book on RS hitters cause all he did was throw junk at them, and we don't hit junk real well.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

How can you be in awe of 5 hits & 3 walks in 5 innings?  Garcia's lucky he escaped the second inning.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A tale of 2 games : How can you be in awe of 5 hits & 3 walks in 5 innings?  Garcia's lucky he escaped the second inning.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]well Slo,sometimes it's better to be lucky than good..Wink....in the face of numerous groans, Lackey pitched well..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A tale of 2 games : It is strange that he has had what 4 or 5 ND's in a row (wait, I think he did have one win mixed in there). What really surprised me was how well Garcia pitched. he must have been paying attention to the book on RS hitters cause all he did was throw junk at them, and we don't hit junk real well.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Garcia has raised his game.  Everyone has been saying from day 1 that he would revert to pathetic mediocrity at some point this season.  Well, its August and he is still pretty darn solid.  Last night was exhibit A of how he has done it.  As you say, he learns the book, not just on Sox hitters, but on everyone.  Uses his wiles.  He really has become a wily veteran.  seems to have learned much from his struggles past.