2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Re: a tip for the redsox

In response to soxyjim's comment:
    [QUOTE]

guys the 2014 season started last monday.not this monday.just so

you know.

[/QUOTE]

AJ Perstinky almost reached the pitchers mound on a steal ? Maybe he threw his arm out. Ross would not start for Pawtucket. So do we really care what Monday it is .....Fact !!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Great start, taking 2 of 3 from the Orioles who have played the Sox tough recently. 

Then a sweep at Fenway by the Brewers, who I thought looked pretty good in the process.  Good pitching and timely hitting will do it every time.  I am hopeful our guys will improve with the weather. 

I keep thinking the Sox just aren't willing to spend money on players, but in fact they have the 4th highest payroll in MLB but not the 4th highest attendance. 

So far, which means just 3.7 % of the season, I am not impressed with Nava or Pierzynski but am happy with most everyone else--the rotation, the bullpen, and the rest of the lineup, remembering of course that the rest of the lineup is missing two regulars, Victorino and Middlebrooks.  So that leaves one outfielder, Sizemore, who is hitting, sort of, plus Bogaerts at SS, Pedroia at 2B, Napoli at 1B, and Ortiz at DH.  And Sizemore has already missed 2 games and doesn't seem to have much range in CF. 

Statistically, the Sox are 14th of 15 AL teams in runs scored and 6th in ERA. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

ok it's officially been a week.  Does that mean we can all freak out about 6 games so far????  

I mean we are 1.5 games out with 156 games left to play, so it's officially time to panic in my mind.

{Blatant sarcasm alert} 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ok it's officially been a week.  Does that mean we can all freak out about 6 games so far????  

I mean we are 1.5 games out with 156 games left to play, so it's officially time to panic in my mind.

{Blatant sarcasm alert} 

[/QUOTE]

Point taken. But it is always nice to get off to a good start. No panic, but there is a little concern at what I have been seeing. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Concern isnt even a word I would use right now. Its only 6 games.

How many times have we seen the O's and jays get off to a quick start only to end up down the bottom by mid May. It'll take me a bit longer to be concerned about anything.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I don't always panic.

But when I do, I try to wait at least long enough for patterns of any kind to emerge.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How many times have we seen the O's and jays get off to a quick start only to end up down the bottom by mid May. It'll take me a bit longer to be concerned about anything.

[/QUOTE]

Our three game losing streak matches the longest of last year. Last year, at no point were we under .500.  Getting swept in the opening home series has not happened very often. Coupled with the weak off season and poor Spring training performance, I would say that there is at least reason for a modicum of concern. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't always panic.

But when I do, I try to wait at least long enough for patterns of any kind to emerge.

[/QUOTE]

Why panic... That is so stupid. We all need to grow up. The only time that i panic is when Sox lose thier first game. I found the best way for me to deal with it is to wait till next year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

It's official the Brethren of the Poor can come in off the ledge.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Our three game losing streak matches the longest of last year. Last year, at no point were we under .500.  Getting swept in the opening home series has not happened very often. Coupled with the weak off season and poor Spring training performance, I would say that there is at least reason for a modicum of concern. 

[/QUOTE]

nope, no panic yet for me.

Middy is hurt, Vic is out and they ramped up the starters pretty slow this year.

If they are still struggling come May then maybe Ill be somewhat concerned. right now, none whatsoever.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

this thread is silly...we haven't even played 10 games yet...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

The team sorely needs a "softlaw memo"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrgooch. Show mrgooch's posts

Losses are magnified at the beginning of the season.  Remeber when the Yankees lost the 1st 2 in Houston to start the season.  Many here were quick to point that the Yankees are in trouble.  It is still too early.  Baseball is a game of averages and with 162 games to play, things tend to average out in the end.  If the Red Sox or Yankees lost 3 games in a row in the middle of the season, it wouldnt seem all that bad.  Just saying that it is way too early.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't always panic.

[/QUOTE]

Why panic... That is so stupid. We all need to grow up. The only time that i panic is when Sox lose thier first game. I found the best way for me to deal with it is to wait till next year.

[/QUOTE]

I never panic.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

here's a tip:

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to mrgooch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Losses are magnified at the beginning of the season.  Remeber when the Yankees lost the 1st 2 in Houston to start the season.  Many here were quick to point that the Yankees are in trouble.  It is still too early.  Baseball is a game of averages and with 162 games to play, things tend to average out in the end.  If the Red Sox or Yankees lost 3 games in a row in the middle of the season, it wouldnt seem all that bad.  Just saying that it is way too early.

[/QUOTE]

I doubt anyone here meant it.

It just happens to be fun to rag oin the Yankees.

20. This post has been removed.