A Tip Of The Cap To One Of Our Own:Moonslav59

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: A Tip Of The Cap To One Of Our Own:Moonslav59

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Though this thread is bound to run off the tracks and turn into some back and forth attacks, I could not agree more with the OP.

Moon is a great read. Consistently thoughtful posts and open to others counter posts whether there is agreement with the other viewpoint or not.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

I shall bow respectfully in your general direction. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Moon, with apologies to MTV, this award is renamed for you...MTV Moonman Statue Profile PhotoCool

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I always enjoy reading moon's posts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

In Response to Re: A Tip Of The Cap To One Of Our Own:Moonslav59:
    Posted by carnie
    ditto!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

You cannot see it, but I am genuflecting to the Moon Man right now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Agree.  Even when I disagree with him, I respect his research and insights. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Moonslav59 has a unique way of using both sabermetrics and cerebral reasoning that gets his point across both clearly and difinitely. Did I say he knows his stuff too. Congrats...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Please allow me in on this love-fest too. 

I'm always amazed at how Moon can find the data he needs to find to make an informed decision, then break that data down into words. 

Thanks, Moon.  You make this a better place.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

Rational, common sense approach. A rare commodity these days, to be sure!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Moonslav59 knows our Red Sox like a child knows his piggy bank.

You dated yourself with that canned comment about children. Having the endorsement of the Board police is truly the stamp of propaganda approval  If he already isn't on the media company payroll, he is generous with his endless idle time. If it were up to him, Varitek and Wakefield would be on the active roster for at least a couple a million. Ortiz would have been benched v. most left handed pitching in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. Just to name a few issues.

He has a lot of idle time and likes to take stat snipets to support his own personal pride and prejeudices. He keeps claiming he has me on ignore and then proceeds to post comments that he would not be able to make without reading my comments. He regularly posts lame attempts at humor troll threads, referencing my comments. He tries so hard to seek the approval of his readers, which is truly the hallmark of a small mind. 

"Bill, as Dad would say" should get the tip of the cap from the entertainment business. "Youk" should get the tip of the cap for baseball commentary and insights without one iota of concern for the approval of his readers. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Moonslav59 knows our Red Sox like a child knows his piggy bank. You dated yourself with that canned comment about children. Having the endorsement of the Board police is truly the stamp of propaganda approval  If he already isn't on the media company payroll, he is generous with his endless idle time. If it were up to him, Varitek and Wakefield would be on the active roster for at least a couple a million. Ortiz would have been benched v. most left handed pitching in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. Just to name a few issues. He has a lot of idle time and likes to take stat snipets to support his own personal pride and prejeudices. He keeps claiming he has me on ignore and then proceeds to post comments that he would not be able to make without reading my comments. He regularly posts lame attempts at humor troll threads, referencing my comments. He tries so hard to seek the approval of his readers, which is truly the hallmark of a small mind.  "Bill, as Dad would say" should get the tip of the cap from the entertainment business. "Youk" should get the tip of the cap for baseball commentary and insights without one iota of concern for the approval of his readers. 
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

I will, as I like to say, give this post the weight I think it deserves. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Having the endorsement of the Board police is truly the stamp of propaganda approval  "

And nobody knows propoganda quite like you as that is the only reason you are here, not to discuss and rethink your positions but to propogandize a view you have already allowed to mold into concrete, regardless of any new information that might arguably change your view - and of course it's usually a view that includes demeaning namecalling of those on your "do not respect" list (Wastefield, Crawbust, etc) 

"After 6 ½ years and 23, 852 posts I think it’s time to say thank you to the Peter Gammons/Bill James of this forum."

Think you moved to soon on this. What will you say when he hits 25,000 posts? "see my previous". May the bromance continue!

Kidding aside, Moonslav is without doubt one of the best posters in this forum. Good content and has a knack for respectful disagreement that actually furthers debate.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

well, I'm on board as well. tip of the cap to ya Moon. nice of the OP to start this thread. keep on keepin on bro!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Yes, Moon's posts are always worh a read. If a man's measurement is by examining his enemies, how telling it is that only Softy-Hank is the critical voice. " Don't confuse me with facts, my mind's already made up ".

Plus Moonslav usually agrees with ME......therefore he MUST be brilliant !

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Posted by carnie

Ditto and ditto ... The most amazing thing to me is how relevant his posts really are.  Some of his threads run into the hundreds of responses, even the low thousands.  Impressive.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy stilleatsworms. Show MikeNagy stilleatsworms's posts

I find them confusing

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Not taking anything away from Moonslav , but I don't see where he is any more deserving of a tip of the cap than anyone else who posts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Moonslav is definitely one of the guiding lights of this baseball forum.  He puts a lot of relevant facts and opinions out there and keeps the hot stove cooking. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Not taking anything away from Moonslav , but I don't see where he is any more deserving of a tip of the cap than anyone else who posts.
    Posted by dgalehouse

More than anyone else he does 2 things EXTREMELY well:

1) He dives into ALL KINDS of stats. He takes time to be sure and understand them. Even if he doesn't agree with it, he presents it. Very clinical and scientific.

2) He rarely, if ever, gets into the p i s s ing matches or arguments.

I say this knowing I TRY to do #1, but often shoot from the hip, and he is commonly the guy to highlight where I was wrong. #2...I can't really say I even ever try, but I should, as should most others. He does it, and deserves mention for that alone.

He treats everyone with respect, and I can't think of a time I've seen him be condescending, or spoken down to anyone.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

who?

Sections
Shortcuts