a walk and then a home run, terrible pitching plus mediocre fielding, a big hole

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

a walk and then a home run, terrible pitching plus mediocre fielding, a big hole

This Weiland guy is not good. When nobody out, he walked a guy, and then gave up a home run....... Red Sox needs 10 runs to win this game. Good luck.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Re: a walk and then a home run, terrible pitching plus medicre fielding, a big hole

Big hole eliminated. Laughing I love this team.

But Weiland has to do better than that...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Re: a walk and then a home run, terrible pitching plus medicre fielding, a big hole

Can't completely blame him for that inning.  Scutaro had a chance to end it twice and failed both times and bloop hits kept falling in.  Shouldn't have been more than a 3 run inning (still not good, but certainly not as bad as the 6 run inning).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: a walk and then a home run, terrible pitching plus medicre fielding, a big hole:
    Can't completely blame him for that inning.  Scutaro had a chance to end it twice and failed both times and bloop hits kept falling in.  SHouldn't have been more than a 3 run inning (still not good, but certainly not as bad as the 6 run inning).
    Posted by JB-3

Not all those hits to SS where his fault. An Omar Vizuel or Ozzie might have had them, but they were tough plays for the average SS. That's what Scutaro is -- an average SS. Will make the occasional great play, but otherwise he'll just handle the routine stuff.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: a walk and then a home run, terrible pitching plus medicre fielding, a big hole:
    In Response to Re: a walk and then a home run, terrible pitching plus medicre fielding, a big hole :   Not all those hits to SS where his fault. An Omar Vizuel or Ozzie might have had them, but they were tough plays for the average SS. That's what Scutaro is -- an average SS. Will make the occasional great play, but otherwise he'll just handle the routine stuff.
    Posted by royf19

I was specifically thinking of the somewhat softly hit grounder that he didn't have the arm to throw the runner out at 1st on.  Also the routine ground ball that he tried to flip to 2nd instead of throwing to first which kept the inning alive, one of the more boneheaded plays I've seen lately.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

Lets not kid ourselves, theres been notihnng impressive about Weiland. Hope hes not another Bowden. Heard nothing but good things about him and he looks awful whenever ive seen him in the bigs. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

I beg Francona to not give this game away.  The bats have come to the rescue and tied it up 6-6 and this new kid out of Pawtucket looks worn out at the end of 4.  Get Aceves up in the bullpen.  This game counts as much as if it was being played in the last week of the season. 

Francona has a tendency to get far too laid back after the Sox have already won the 3 games in a series.  Go for the jugular since Boston is still tied with NY in the loss column. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Lets not kid ourselves, theres been notihnng impressive about Weiland. Hope hes not another Bowden. Heard nothing but good things about him and he looks awful whenever ive seen him in the bigs. 
    Posted by jamesey271975

Impressive 1st inning to say the least.  Other than the 2nd inning defense led meltdown, he's faced 9 hitters and has gotten 9 outs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

You see what I mean?  O's have already turned to Guthrie while Francona sticks with the new kid and watches Jones triple off the wall with no one out and STILL no action in the Sox pen.  But thank god he hit Guererro and got tossed which takes it out of Francona's hands.  Aceves coming in now. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

woah wait, the kid has ONE bad inning which was partially due to 3 infield singles to SS and we are ready to write him off already??????

I'm not going to say....I'm just not. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

In Response to Re: a walk and then a home run, terrible pitching plus medicre fielding, a big hole : Impressive 1st inning to say the least.  Other than the 2nd inning defense led meltdown, he's faced 9 hitters and has gotten 9 outs.
    Posted by JB-3

What? Are you for real? The defense wasnt good but the kid was atrocious. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

And there ya go.  1st and 3rd with nobody out and Aceves fans the first 2 and gets the last on a flyout?  How hard was it for FranCOMA to figure out it was time for a call to the pen?  I want this game really bad since NY just beat TB. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: a walk and then a home run, terrible pitching plus mediocre fielding, a big hole

Give him a break.It was his very FIRST game pitching in the Majors.So he had a bad inning,big deal. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Re: a walk and then a home run, terrible pitching plus mediocre fielding, a big hole

First major league start and you are whining because he struggled?  Classic.  The Sox are 10-1 in their last 11.  There is no issue here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to a walk and then a home run, terrible pitching plus mediocre fielding, a big hole:
    This Weiland guy is not good. When nobody out, he walked a guy, and then gave up a home run....... Red Sox needs 10 runs to win this game. Good luck.
    Posted by lovetruth007

This lovetruth007 guy is not good.  A pitcher's major league debut, and he already has him labeled. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: a walk and then a home run, terrible pitching plus mediocre fielding, a big hole:
    First major league start and you are whining because he struggled?  Classic.  The Sox are 10-1 in their last 11.  There is no issue here.
    Posted by jimdavis

I agree Jim, we are sitting in first place even after losing Clay and Jon.  We just put Tampa 6 games back and have a team for the first time since 04 that can come back from a huge deficit.

I like our chances!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

Yes there is a huge hole with this team... we have a "weak" 8th starter.

Should have won 8-0 today and should have won 11 in a row, 10 of 11 simply doesn't cut it. I'm rooting for the Royals.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Agree that we should give the Kid a chance.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

In Response to Re: a walk and then a home run, terrible pitching plus mediocre fielding, a big hole:
    In Response to a walk and then a home run, terrible pitching plus mediocre fielding, a big hole : This lovetruth007 guy is not good.  A pitcher's major league debut, and he already has him labeled. 
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas

Hahahaha. I know it is his debut. Honestly, Aceves is much better than this Weiland guy, both mentally and talent-wisely. One walk and then a home run, that is one hit for two runs. Not a good talent!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: a walk and then a home run, terrible pitching plus mediocre fielding, a big hole : Hahahaha. I know it is his debut. Honestly, Aceves is much better than this Weiland guy, both mentally and talent-wisely. One walk and then a home run, that is one hit for two runs. Not a good talent!
    Posted by lovetruth007

Wow. You can tell all that from a few innings? Amazing. What do you charge to read palms?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I can't believe he didn't throw a complete game shut out......his future MLB career is doomed, no way this kid has any chance. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

We won, right?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from swhiting. Show swhiting's posts

More proof that the naysayers need to say nay.

It's not if a pitcher will have a bad inning. It is what will he do after. The line looks OK to me after the let down. He'll learn from this experience and the SOX WON!!! That is the important stat my friends.

They finished the first half winning 6 in a row. That's the way to go.

I like our chances.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: a walk and then a home run, terrible pitching plus mediocre fielding, a big hole : Hahahaha. I know it is his debut. Honestly, Aceves is much better than this Weiland guy, both mentally and talent-wisely. One walk and then a home run, that is one hit for two runs. Not a good talent!
    Posted by lovetruth007[/QUOT

Talent-wisely? What is that? You can tell all this from one start huh? So the next time Josh Beckett gives up a walk and HR he's outta there? If you want to help the Sox, go to work gauging talent for the Yankees. This is one of those threads that just makes the OP look ignorant.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from therimrattler. Show therimrattler's posts

he certainly had a very tough 2nd inning, but he bounced back to keep them scoreless through the next three full innings.   not a bad recovery and he only got tagged hard for a couple of hits.  he will be better than he was today.

Sections
Shortcuts