a walk and then a home run, terrible pitching plus mediocre fielding, a big hole

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Re: a walk and then a home run, terrible pitching plus mediocre fielding, a big hole

In Response to Re: a walk and then a home run, terrible pitching plus mediocre fielding, a big hole:
    [QUOTE]he certainly had a very tough 2nd inning, but he bounced back to keep them scoreless through the next three full innings.   not a bad recovery and he only got tagged hard for a couple of hits.  he will be better than he was today.
    Posted by therimrattler[/QUOTE]

Actually he held them scoreless over the next two innings, not three. He only pitched four complete innings.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Re: a walk and then a home run, terrible pitching plus mediocre fielding, a big hole

how was your mlb debut?

thought so.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Lovetruth isn't playing with a full deck.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Watching a double A pitcher throw four innings in his initial outing in the majors,especially given that three of the hits against him were of the infield variety,and you write him off in terms of his skills and potential...Unbelievable,just unbelievable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peckah. Show Peckah's posts

Actually, I was kind of impressed with how the kid threw re both the ease of his motion and the speed and break of his ball.  I was surpised that he hit 94 several times and was regularly in the 92-93 range and his breaking balls had a lot of snap.

I definetly think he has the arm to be a sucess in MLB but the thing that really impressed me was that he did not pack it in during and after the second inning. Not only did the SS not help but there was a flair just over the 2B's head and he didn't give up.  A kid that went to ND can't be a dummy --- Stanford, Yale, ND, UNC --- not a lack of grey matter on the Red Sox today or in Sept!

He hit 2 guys today which did not come as a total surprise given that he has hit a ton of guys at Pawtuckett. 

All in all, I was happy with his effort but he has to work on his control and stay away from throwing mid-thigh high balls over the plate. In my opinion, he is a keeper.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

This was his debut, it wasn't good, but they also probably want him in the minors right now anyway. Let's not forget all the pitchers that had to go down to this guy, he has more development to do, far too early for labels.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: a walk and then a home run, terrible pitching plus mediocre fielding, a big hole:
    [QUOTE]Actually, I was kind of impressed with how the kid threw re both the ease of his motion and the speed and break of his ball.  I was surpised that he hit 94several times and was regularly in the 92-93 range and his breaking balls had a lot of snap. I definetly think he has the arm to be a sucess in MLB but the thing that really impressed me was that he did not pack it in during and after the second inning. Not only did the SS not help but there was a flair just over the 2B's head and he didn't give up.  A kid that went to ND can't be a dummy --- Stanford, Yale, ND, UNC --- not a lack of grey matter on the Red Sox today or in Sept! He hit 2 guys today which did not come as a total surprise given that he has hit a ton of guys at Pawtuckett.  All in all, I was happy with his effort but he has to work on his control and stay away from throwing mid-thigh high balls over the plate. In my opinion, he is a keeper.
    Posted by Peckah[/QUOTE]

What a terrific post. Makes me wonder if others actually see this stuff.
    The kid was victimized by Scutaro and some hard luck.
    Three balls were hit real well off him. The dinger was actually a ball high/inside. The radar gun had it at 94, but no way Lee gets around on a 94 MPH heat there. I'd say the gun was off 2 MPH.

I agree with you his motion was free and easy, and he kept his composure.
    He looks to be tough on righties. Breaking pitches have movement similar to Lackey. He's got the stuff. 

I wish you'd post here more often.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Peckah Sounds like another 5katz.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

That's a nice compliment, but the bar is a bit high. I was hoping WAGS would post some this year. I liked his stuff as well.