A week later

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: A week later

Really?  I responded to your Original Post almost immediately and questioned it.

I like you but I simply can not forgive you for being encouraged by that road trip to the AL Central to come a "game UNDER 500" - who are we - the Pirates?!???.  Are you new around here?  Have the Sox not gone on winning streaks before only to come crashing down not soon after? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to A week later:
    As our skipper said, this team hit rock bottom a week ago. And if you'd have told me we'd be .500 only a week later, I'd have suggested you get fitted for a straight jacket. Hat's off to all -- the hitters, the defense, and most of all the bullpen. Something like 1 ER in 16 2/3 innings ... I'll most definitely take that. And hat's off to Valentine, whose hiring I opposed and who I only hope will prove me wrong.
    Posted by LloydDobler

Correct me if I am wrong here but

1)  I don't believe this team has ever been at .500 this year

and

2)  16 Innings is a "tiny and insigificant sample size"

and

3)  I didn't think we were allowed to judge ANYONE based on only "1 month of the season"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Earth to Dobbs, Come in, Dobbs...........please I have to go to bed soon :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

BUMP

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Again, Mitch, this post was started a week ago when the Sox had won six in a row and appeared to be turning things around, if only a little. It was encouraging. But clearly, it was not the turnaround we all expected.

So what, exactly, is your beef with me starting it? Even in their glory years, the Sox didn't have many 6-0 runs on the road before. I was not celebrating that they were .500. I was celebrating that they were finally starting to play ball.

In the week since, they have gone 1-5. Which apparently makes you happy.

You "can't forgive" me? My god, do you really think I give a crap whether you can forgive me? I've stuck up for you many times here, Mitch, but you're really becoming a drag.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I'm just messing with you :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "A week later":
    As our skipper said, this team hit rock bottom a week ago. And if you'd have told me we'd be .500 only a week later, I'd have suggested you get fitted for a straight jacket. Hat's off to all -- the hitters, the defense, and most of all the bullpen. Something like 1 ER in 16 2/3 innings ... I'll most definitely take that. And hat's off to Valentine, whose hiring I opposed and who I only hope will prove me wrong. Posted by LloydDobler
    Looks like rock bottom is making a comeback "a week later".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: A week later:
    In Response to A week later : Correct me if I am wrong here but 1)  I don't believe this team has ever been at .500 this year and 2)  16 Innings is a "tiny and insigificant sample size" and 3)  I didn't think we were allowed to judge ANYONE based on only "1 month of the season"
    Posted by andrewmitch

1. You're wrong. The Sox were 10-10 on April 28, when I posted this.
    2. 16  innings? What do you mean?
    3. Who was I judging based on one month of the season.
    Hopefully you'll put off bedtime long enough to answer this.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to "A week later": Looks like rock bottom is making a comeback "a week later".
    Posted by TheExaminer

You got right. I'll never start another positive thread again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

if they were 10-10 then I stand corrected but still a mere 500 is what we strive for now?  oh how the mighty have fallen

16 IP - your reference to the pen which is irrelevant now b/c they have settled in now that Oppie is gone

you were judging BV only 1 month in and most posters talk about "it's only only april" on every thread.  therefore, it has to work both ways....

anyways, a week later and we are even further buried in the cellar

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: A week later : You got right. I'll never start another positive thread again.
    Posted by LloydDobler

no no no just be sure they have really turned the corner first......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Dobbs really I am just messing around, I am sorry......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Again, Mitch, this post was started a week ago when the Sox had won six in a row and appeared to be turning things around, if only a little. It was encouraging. But clearly, it was not the turnaround we all expected. So what, exactly, is your beef with me starting it? Even in their glory years, the Sox didn't have many 6-0 runs on the road before. I was not celebrating that they were .500. I was celebrating that they were finally starting to play ball. In the week since, they have gone 1-5. Which apparently makes you happy. You "can't forgive" me? My god, do you really think I give a crap whether you can forgive me? I've stuck up for you many times here, Mitch, but you're really becoming a drag.
    Posted by LloydDobler

Lloyd - This team isn't turning anything around. You have eyes correct? You see how bad they are correct? What is going to turn them around?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

6-0 of which 3 of them were against the Twins........

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Fair enough, Mitch. You're a pain in the rump sometimes, but I can't help liking you a little.
    Posted by LloydDobler

LMAO!!  :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: A week later : Lloyd - This team isn't turning anything around. You have eyes correct? You see how bad they are correct? What is going to turn them around?
    Posted by ADG

Judas Priest, ADG, will you go back to the beginning of this thread and see when I said that? Then you can get back to me and say ... "Oh, my bad."

See what you've got me into, Mitch?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: A week later":
    In Response to Re: A week later : Judas Priest, ADG, will you go back to the beginning of this thread and see when I said that? Then you can get back to me and say ... "Oh, my bad." See what you've got me into, Mitch? Posted by LloydDobler
    LOL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

ADG Cool

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Yes, I do.  Like I said, you started this thread after we beat up on the Twins.  The Twins - you brought this on yourself man!  :)

Sections
Shortcuts