A workout anyone can do.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: A workout anyone can do.

In response to softlaw2's comment:

The criticism about Ortiz's "readiness" are directed at the management who chose to give him a 2 year contract. Bill's comment about the "shakes" was obviously in jest. My comment about Ortiz's fitness are an attack on management, not an attack on a Red Sox player who is in decline and should have been offered nothing more than the opportunity to retire with a one year golden parachute which exceeded what the market woudl pay him.

OK, thanks for the clarification.  Just wanted to make sure that you were, as usual, inventing positions I did not actually take.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

Don't you think that management knew what they were getting into with Ortiz. They are privy to more information than you, me and all the sports hacks are given. They know what they paid for.

It's just not possible to know more than Softy.

Ask him, he'll tell you.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Let's not get carried away calling criticism of management "curshed and slandered in the twilight of their careers".

And, Bill, whatever Dominican Milkshake Ortiz has been drinking wasn't working last year.

Ortiz can't be faulted, because it wasnt his decision to give himself a 2 year contract during his wheelchair years. Space refers to them as "twilight years".

But you were all for it until Ben actually offered it to him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

The criticism about Ortiz's "readiness" are directed at the management who chose to give him a 2 year contract. Bill's comment about the "shakes" was obviously in jest. My comment about Ortiz's fitness are an attack on management, not an attack on a Red Sox player who is in decline and should have been offered nothing more than the opportunity to retire with a one year golden parachute which exceeded what the market woudl pay him.

Which you advocated long and loud as long as it gave you the opportunity to bash Ben. You quickly changed your tune when the Red Sox FO did what you had been advocating.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

No, Carnie, I was all for a 2 year contract the year before the incompetent Cherry offered him a 2 year contract. I doubt even Moohsehmp will dispute that fact, though he's been known to suffer from mental lapses.

Isn't that what I just said?

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Just wanted to make sure that you were, as usual, inventing positions I did not actually take.

You are inventing positions that I didn't take. Your positions aren't inventions, they are carried away.

Hahahaha.  Thank you Mr. Rumsfeld.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

No, that's not what you just said. You just said I was all for a 2 year contract for this year, before Cherry offered it.

Well since Ben offered him a 2 year contract very early in the offseason it would have been pretty hard for you to be for it once the season ended and still bash Ben over Ortiz. All last year though, you were on and on about how David had been disrespected by having to take a one year contract for more money than any other DH was getting paid. I find it interesting that now that Ben has offered David the respect you said David deserved you're bashing Ben over that too.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

conan seems to make a lot of statements which he cannot back up. no, he would be squatting with his feet and i doubt that any of this is being done, thus cutting down the leg power you reffered to. all the power hitters bench. i promise you ortiz is not benching much at the moment..

I'm curious, if you're convinvced that the Sox shouldn't have offered Ortiz a contract, why are you in such a rush to get him on the field?

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

conan seems to make a lot of statements which he cannot back up. no, he would be squatting with his feet and i doubt that any of this is being done, thus cutting down the leg power you reffered to. all the power hitters bench. i promise you ortiz is not benching much at the moment..

I'm curious, if you're convinvced that the Sox shouldn't have offered Ortiz a contract, why are you in such a rush to get him on the field?

What is done is done and he will not help sitting on the bench.  This is one of those win win situations for me.  I am a red sox fan so if by chance Ortiz can get on fire and win games, then the summer gets a little better.

And how do you expect him to "get on fire" if he's still having heel problems?

Wouldn't it make more sense to make sure he's 100%?

I love it. He's not worth a contrct, but he can still hit.

Makes perfect sense...

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts