A Yankee Topic Beni missed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

A Yankee Topic Beni missed

Raul Ibanez (.054/.103), the replacement for Montero. Nice going, Cashman.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: A Yankee Topic Beni missed

Why?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I didn't like the Pineda trade; Montero has HOF potential.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to A Yankee Topic Beni missed:
    [QUOTE]Raul Ibanez (.054/.103), the replacement for Montero. Nice going, Cashman.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE] a Yankee fan Yankee bashing on a Sox site?...ouch!!!....Tongue out...in total agreement though Steven... did he not see his exit year?..it was nothing to write home about...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: A Yankee Topic Beni missed:
    [QUOTE]In Response to A Yankee Topic Beni missed : a Yankee fan Yankee bashing on a Sox site?...ouch!!!.... ...in total agreement though Steven... did he not see his exit year?..it was nothing to write home about...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

You mean the .282 OBP, tons of Ks, and lousy defense?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

also his SLG and OPS were  a bit middling for a corner OF'er...that said, maybe we could give him a little regular season rope and see what happens before we pushed him off the GWB??...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]I didn't like the Pineda trade; Montero has HOF potential.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Steven, the kids barely out of AAA, don't you think it's a little soon for potential HOF??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Yankee Topic Beni missed : Steven, the kids barely out of AAA, don't you think it's a little soon for potential HOF??
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I said potential, and yes, I agree it's a premature assessment.  

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Good idea however to insert the name "Beni" into the thread title. That will draw posters in like nothing else could.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Funnier story, but not realy funny.  Joba broke his ankle while on a trampoline and just had surgery. Talk about "Not the sharpest tool in the shed".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

For all their money and talent, the Yankees have holes in their roster too.

That's all it means.

Good help is so hard to find these days.

Oh, and the weather in Liverpool is 57 degrees and cloudy. Right, JH?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]For all their money and talent, the Yankees have holes in their roster too. That's all it means. Good help is so hard to find these days. Oh, and the weather in Liverpool is 57 degrees and cloudy. Right, JH?
    Posted by summerof67[/QUOTE]

I have a hole in my sock. I am blaming bloated contracts, NY nightlife, KFC and Peroni Beer.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]  Raul Ibanez (.054/.103), the replacement for Montero. Nice going, Cashman not that complaining about ST numbers has much merit asking why not damon would have more merit IMO
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

ROTLMMFAO!Wink

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Yankee Topic Beni missed : I have a hole in my sock. I am blaming bloated contracts, NY nightlife, KFC and Peroni Beer.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Hey, jess. Happy Spring. Sun shining here on the Upper West Side and 74 degrees.

Mean to say that BOS has more holes in their roster than NYY.

Also meant to say that I see TBR as the team to beat in AL East because of the pitching, but NYY gets the WC and actually goes to game 7 of the ALCS - winner TBD.

BOS players are on the golf course in October. Again.

So with no expectations to have dashed, I am going to have a splendid summer.

As will you, my friend, I hope.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Yankee Topic Beni missed : Hey, jess. Happy Spring. Sun shining here on the Upper West Side and 74 degrees. Mean to say that BOS has more holes in their roster than NYY. Also meant to say that I see TBR as the team to beat in AL East because of the pitching, but NYY gets the WC and actually goes to game 7 of the ALCS - winner TBD. BOS players are on the golf course in October. Again. So with no expectations to have dashed, I am going to have a splendid summer. As will you, my friend, I hope.
    Posted by summerof67[/QUOTE]

Lovin the weather. R u joining me ad Space for a drink on April 5th (opening day)? Some pub in the city, There is a thread on it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

asking why not damon would have more merit IMO---
    Posted by pinstripezac
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless I read something completely false, Damon was looking for eight figures. That may be reason why he's nowhere. As for Ibanez, can we let the man get through all of ST at least? The guy raked against righties as little as a few months ago.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hotrod2. Show hotrod2's posts

Yanks wondering, Is there still time to bring Posada back in a one year deal?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Yankee Topic Beni missed : Lovin the weather. R u joining me ad Space for a drink on April 5th (opening day)? Some pub in the city, There is a thread on it.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]Professor Thoms 2nd ave bet 12th and 13th st.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Yankee Topic Beni missed : Steven, the kids barely out of AAA, don't you think it's a little soon for potential HOF??
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

He's gonna be a terror at the plate though, it was tough seeing him go.  I was glad we got Pineda but giving up Montero wasn't easy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Hey Camelwalk, if you go out to the store tomorrow, don't wear a hoodie or else you might get shot dead by a neighborhood vigilante. This is not my advice but it is that of FOX commentator Geraldo Rivera. Let's let Zimmerman off the hook because the little kid was wearing a hoodie.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Camelwalk, if you go out to the store tomorrow, don't wear a hoodie or else you might get shot dead by a neighborhood vigilante. This is not my advice but it is that of FOX commentator Geraldo Rivera. Let's let Zimmerman off the hook because the little kid was wearing a hoodie.
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE] that's not the least bit funny, Geraldo is an azzwipe whose 15 minutes ended long ago...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Geraldo Rivera set off a firestorm Friday morning when, on “Fox & Friends,” he commented on the Trayvon Martin shooting, saying: “[I] am urging the parents of black and Latino youngsters particularly to not let their children go out wearing hoodies. I think the hoodie is as much responsible for Trayvon Martin’s death as George Zimmerman was.” He continues:

When you see a black or Latino youngster, particularly on the street, you walk to the other side of the street. You try to avoid that confrontation. Trayvon Martin, you know God bless him, he was an innocent kid, a wonderful kid, a box of Skittles in his hands. He didn’t deserve to die. But I’ll bet you money, if he didn’t have that hoodie on, that nutty neighborhood watch guy wouldn’t have responded in that violent and aggressive way.

John Hudson at the Atlantic Wire scoffed at Rivera’s remarks, putting together a post featuring famous white people (including Rivera himself) and one brown extraterrestrial wearing hoodies. But few around the Web have been as lighthearted in their commentary.

Mediaite’s Tommy Christopher writes:

You can file Geraldo’s absurd remarks under the category of “Lazy Pragmatism,” which is really just a way to avoid the heavy lift involved in actually thinking about things. If people like George Zimmerman go icy inside when they see a dark person in a hoodie, the answer must be to get dark people to stop wearing hoodies, or at least part of the answer. Never mind that a paranoid cop wannabe with the 911 Suspicious Black hotline on speed-dial gets to walk around free with the 9mm handgun he used to gun down a teenager, or that the police treated that teenager like a side of beef, the key difference being that the side of beef actually has value, or that there are reasons for wearing a hoodie other than “looking gangsta,” or that this is America, and we have the right to “look gangsta.”

Geraldo’s comments are akin to blaming a woman who’s been raped instead of her attacker, argues the Washington Post’s Alexandra Petri:

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Yankee Topic Beni missed : Lovin the weather. R u joining me ad Space for a drink on April 5th (opening day)? Some pub in the city, There is a thread on it.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

I'll see what I can do, jess. I start a new job next week in the Flatiron district.  Where is Space? I see a listing in Goggle on 5th Ave. and 32d street - not far from where I'll be working. Is that it? Let me know...thanks, buddy.

Sections
Shortcuts