AAA and AA on Opening Day

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: AAA and AA on Opening Day

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Watching the farm this year may be more fun than watching  the big club.

i'm definitely gonna check them out when they come to town.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

With Kalish out, who is the AAA starting CF'er?

AAA                      AA

C    Lava/Butler             Vazquez/Ibarra

1B Gomez/Hamilton     T Shaw/Hedman

2B Holt                             Meneses

3B Sutton                         Vitek

SS Iggy                             Bogaerts

LF Hassan                        Jacobs

CF (Kalish)                           Bradley

RF Brentz                          Hissey/Wilkerson

DH Linares                        Almanzar

IF Henry/Diaz/Dent       Gibson

OF Hazelbaker                 (see RF)

S1 Webster                        Barnes

S2 de la Rosa                     Britton

S3 Wright                           Workman

S4 Hernandez                   Ranaudo

S5 Doyle                            Couch

R1 Bard                              A Carter

R2 Tazawa                         Kurcz

R3 Wilson                           Balcom-Miller

R4 Carpenter                     Celestino

R5 Beato                            C Martin

R6 de la Torre                    P Ruiz

R7 Godfrey                         Jones/Kaminska

My guess was Hazelbaker because of his speed, but hes listed as a corner OF'er...Justin Henry is listed as next available after kalish. Very high OBP guy with good AVG and little power. (27yrs old). Picked up in December from Detroit in trade.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

With Kalish out, who is the AAA starting CF'er?

AAA                      AA

C    Lava/Butler             Vazquez/Ibarra

1B Gomez/Hamilton     T Shaw/Hedman

2B Holt                             Meneses

3B Sutton                         Vitek

SS Iggy                             Bogaerts

LF Hassan                        Jacobs

CF (Kalish)                           Bradley

RF Brentz                          Hissey/Wilkerson

DH Linares                        Almanzar

IF Henry/Diaz/Dent       Gibson

OF Hazelbaker                 (see RF)

S1 Webster                        Barnes

S2 de la Rosa                     Britton

S3 Wright                           Workman

S4 Hernandez                   Ranaudo

S5 Doyle                            Couch

R1 Bard                              A Carter

R2 Tazawa                         Kurcz

R3 Wilson                           Balcom-Miller

R4 Carpenter                     Celestino

R5 Beato                            C Martin

R6 de la Torre                    P Ruiz

R7 Godfrey                         Jones/Kaminska

My guess was Hazelbaker because of his speed, but hes listed as a corner OF'er...Justin Henry is listed as next available after kalish. Very high OBP guy with good AVG and little power. (27yrs old). Picked up in December from Detroit in trade.

Linares is a CF, at least he was when he was signed. Not sure if he's played out there since he hurt his ankle though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Linares is a CF, at least he was when he was signed. Not sure if he's played out there since he hurt his ankle though.

We'll probably see a mix in CF, but I'd like to see Linares get reps in the field, if his ankle is 100%.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

We'll probably see a mix in CF, but I'd like to see Linares get reps in the field, if his ankle is 100%.

I was just naming out LH options. Linares, Hassan, Brentz are all in the mix as well. But from the Right side.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I was just naming out LH options. Linares, Hassan, Brentz are all in the mix as well. But from the Right side.

I doubt Brentz will play CF, but who knows.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

What happened to Prior?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Soxprospects has Linares in CF now:

C Ryan Lavarnway 1B Mauro Gomez 2B Brock Holt 3B Drew Sutton SS Jose Iglesias LF Daniel Nava CF Juan Carlos Linares RF Bryce Brentz DH Mark Hamilton

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

C Ryan Lavarnway 1B Mauro Gomez 2B Brock Holt 3B Drew Sutton SS Jose Iglesias LF Daniel Nava CF Juan Carlos Linares RF Bryce Brentz DH Mark Hamilton

Hopefully Gary DiSarcina is thinking along the same lines.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Huh?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Huh?

Gary Di Sarcina, the PawSox manager?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Huh?

Gary Di Sarcina, the PawSox manager?

OK, I thought you were making a reference to him as a player getting a chance...

LOL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

That's a nice-looking lineup...I think we see most, if not all, of those guys in Boston at some point during the season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

That's a nice-looking lineup...I think we see most, if not all, of those guys in Boston at some point during the season.

certainly a good chance of it. Though If we do see that happen, Its probably not going good for the Sox

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

certainly a good chance of it. Though If we do see that happen, Its probably not going good for the Sox

Maybe, maybe not...I don't mean all will play big roles, but I could certainly see guys like Gomez, Sutton, and Hamilton coming up to fill in for a few days or a couple of weeks in case of injury or a bench spot opening up.

I've been hoping we'll get a look at Brentz, though he seems to be blocked now by Victorino unless there's an injury or he moves to LF.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Maybe, maybe not...I don't mean all will play big roles, but I could certainly see guys like Gomez, Sutton, and Hamilton coming up to fill in for a few days or a couple of weeks in case of injury or a bench spot opening up.

I've been hoping we'll get a look at Brentz, though he seems to be blocked now by Victorino unless there's an injury or he moves to LF.

Catchers get bang-ed up over a long season, so I think we will see Lava or Butler at some point.

Holt or Iggy as well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Yeah, me too. If he continues to improve and does good in AAA, he could force his way onto the team. He wouldnt be called up for a couple months anyway so his arb clock doesnt start...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yeah, me too. If he continues to improve and does good in AAA, he could force his way onto the team. He wouldnt be called up for a couple months anyway so his arb clock doesnt start..

For some reason, I'm just not all that high on Brentz, but he certainly has the numbers to warrant a good long look someday soon.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Yeah, me too. If he continues to improve and does good in AAA, he could force his way onto the team. He wouldnt be called up for a couple months anyway so his arb clock doesnt start..

For some reason, I'm just not all that high on Brentz, but he certainly has the numbers to warrant a good long look someday soon.

What I like about him is his good defense, strong arm and hes had a very respectable OBP throughout the minors (around .350-360) Yes, he K's a lot but so didnt WMB. Also the fact Ive seen him play since he was at Mid Tenn when I was living there for a short while.

Ive never said hes going to be an AS player, although its possible. I just think he will be a solid ballplayer that can provide good production.

What I also like about Brentz and WMB is they are both "ballplayers" if that makes any sense. They have great baseball smarts like JBJ and understand the adjustment they have to make and have made them throughout the minors...

Nobody can 100% say that a prospect will succeed in MLB, but from what we've seen with their progression they have a better chance than others...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

What I like about him is his good defense, strong arm and hes had a very respectable OBP throughout the minors (around .350-360) Yes, he K's a lot but so didnt WMB. Also the fact Ive seen him play since he was at Mid Tenn when I was living there for a short while.

Ive never said hes going to be an AS player, although its possible. I just think he will be a solid ballplayer that can provide good production.

What I also like about Brentz and WMB is they are both "ballplayers" if that makes any sense. They have great baseball smarts like JBJ and understand the adjustment they have to make and have made them throughout the minors...

Nobody can 100% say that a prospect will succeed in MLB, but from what we've seen with their progression they have a better chance than others...

He has the numbers to support a glowing outlook, but I can't put my finger on why I just do not feel all that good about his future in MLB.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

He has the numbers to support a glowing outlook, but I can't put my finger on why I just do not feel all that good about his future in MLB.

I understand that Moon. Ive had that same feeling about a couple of our prospects as well.

He just needs to get his chance in MLB before he will convince some that he can handle it. I think he can. I obviously could be wrong here though. Time will tell. Hopefully he will get a shot this year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I understand that Moon. Ive had that same feeling about a couple of our prospects as well.

He just needs to get his chance in MLB before he will convince some that he can handle it. I think he can. I obviously could be wrong here though. Time will tell. Hopefully he will get a shot this year.

We're not too deep in the OF, so he could get a chance this year. I think only Linares might have a shot at being the first farm hand called up this year.

Sections
Shortcuts