Aaron Harang - Padres

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Aaron Harang - Padres

The Red Sox should go out and get Aaron Harang of the Padres tonight. His normal rest is Thursday and he's a Free Agent with the Padres. I don't believe he's a Type A or B free agent, so given that the season ends tomorrow, the Padres might as well take anything.

His numbers over the year are not that bad and he's been very good over his last few starts.

Thoughts?

If not, the Red Sox do not have an option if they make a playoff game on Thursday. Your options are Wakefield, Lackey or Weiland.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxforlife22. Show soxforlife22's posts

Re: Aaron Harang - Padres

No!
    I live in cincinnati so i have been able to see over and over how bad he is, especially with giving up the long ball. He is only doing well this year because all the bombs he would have been giving up are being hidden in Petco park. Also, he is a native of San Diego, and will most likely stay their the rest of his career.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: Aaron Harang - Padres:
    [QUOTE]No! I live in cincinnati so i have been able to see over and over how bad he is, especially with giving up the long ball. He is only doing well this year because all the bombs he would have been giving up are being hidden in Petco park. Also, he is a native of San Diego, and will most likely stay their the rest of his career.
    Posted by soxforlife22[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you are right. Wakefield or Lackey are better options.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Aaron Harang - Padres:
    [QUOTE]The Red Sox should go out and get Aaron Harang of the Padres tonight. His normal rest is Thursday and he's a Free Agent with the Padres. I don't believe he's a Type A or B free agent, so given that the season ends tomorrow, the Padres might as well take anything. His numbers over the year are not that bad and he's been very good over his last few starts. Thoughts? If not, the Red Sox do not have an option if they make a playoff game on Thursday. Your options are Wakefield, Lackey or Weiland.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

Its not a bad thought but has Harang ever pitched in the AL?  Or on the big stage? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

My opinion is that ADG and Craze work for the Globe.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Aaron Harang - Padres : Its not a bad thought but has Harang ever pitched in the AL?  Or on the big stage? 
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

OK, then take Wake, Lackey or Weiland.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

I don't like the idea of bringing in a guy for that 1 start. 

You start Lackey.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]I don't like the idea of bringing in a guy for that 1 start.  You start Lackey.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]And FWIW the best start the rS got in two weeks was from Lackey on Sunday.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtDawgSox. Show DirtDawgSox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aaron Harang - Padres : And FWIW the best start the rS got in two weeks was from Lackey on Sunday.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]
    You are right. Lackey did better than either Beckett or Lester.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Aaron Harang - Padres : ummmmm waiver trade deadline was August 31st....but we can pretend that isn't true and just blame Theo for not making that deal right now
    Posted by thepeskypole6[/QUOTE]Well if Harang made it all the way through waivers a deal still could have been made BUT tonight is just a little late indeed.