Aaron Hernandez arrested

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Aaron Hernandez arrested

I'm not in denial I just don't jump the gun before making my convictions...and I've been studying my **** off the last 6 months for the LSATS and always been a student of law So I would like to think I know something.  

I'm not in denial, lets not paint a different picture here.  I have stated that what evidence we know does not look good, and If you put a gun to my head and made me guess I'd say to SOME degree he is guilty; obstruction of justice at the very least.

Not convicting someone in the court of public opinion and passing judgement until more information is known is not DENYING something.  it's taking a pragmatic approach and not jumping to conclusions. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

In response to J-BAY's comment:

It hasn't been announced what he's been charged with. He met with a criminal defense Attorney, last night. 

You may glory in a team triumphant......
    But you fall in love with a team in defeat

Probably obstruction J, thats what theyve been talking about all week.

Why wouldn't they let him turn himself in? His attorney said they weren't informed of the imminent arrest. Regardless, he's being booked and will be taken to court, where he'll be charged.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Do you have ONE link saying he was charged with murder?

Not exaclty the accusation you want to throw out based on pure speculation....this is how people get F'd up and murdered in the streets by vigilantes for crimes they didn't commit.

Like I said it doesn't look good, but lets pass judgment AT LEAST until we know the charges let alone he goes through trial. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

I'm not in denial I just don't jump the gun before making my convictions...and I've been studying my **** off the last 6 months for the LSATS and always been a student of law So I would like to think I know something.  

I'm not in denial, lets not paint a different picture here.  I have stated that what evidence we know does not look good, and If you put a gun to my head and made me guess I'd say to SOME degree he is guilty; obstruction of justice at the very least.

Not convicting someone in the court of public opinion and passing judgement until more information is known is not DENYING something.  it's taking a pragmatic approach and not jumping to conclusions. 

congrats on your LSAT journey...I wish you the best and have respect for your belief in presumption of innocence...but you have to figure the prosecuters know this as well before making an arrest to such a wealthy high profile suspect?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

T

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

The Patriots released Hernandez.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Patriots announced they have released Hernandez 

You may glory in a team triumphant......
    But you fall in love with a team in defeat

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

My knowledge of the legal system comes almost exclusively from "LA Law" reruns -- apparently, all lawyers have sex with each other. But given that he was not allowed  to turn himself in, as has been reported, I'm guessing the charges will be more severe than obstruction of justice. For Hernandez's sake, I hope I'm wrong and that's all he did.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I guess they must know that he going to go to jail for something. Murder? What a shame. AH seemed like a good kid. Too bad he wasnt smart enough to stay away from that lifestyle.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

My knowledge of the legal system comes almost exclusively from "LA Law" reruns -- apparently, all lawyers have sex with each other. But given that he was not allowed  to turn himself in, as has been reported, I'm guessing the charges will be more severe than obstruction of justice. For Hernandez's sake, I hope I'm wrong and that's all he did.

yea the circumstances dont look good but the best case scenario is he's so hard core "no snitchin" that this is what theyve done to shake the tree for info...but the Patriots have released him? Not good. What a disgraceful end to an amazingly talented athlete with so many years ahead of him...then again that dead boy's Momma can say the same thing  :(

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

good news....what a jackazz

As always - 100% correct!

how is this good news?

because justice should supercede celebrity and one's own ignorance and avarice neednt be mine...

Ok I don't care that he is a celebrity, and how this shapes the Patriots is an afterthought to me.  We don't even know what he's been charged with so no Justice has been served.  Someone is still dead and multiple lifes family's have been ruined.....

There is no such thing as good news in a case like this. 

there is such a thing as justice Hugh...and AH being arrested is the first step in that long process - even though I will say that there are probably no innocents in this sad affair

Like I said only a judge and a Jury can convict and determine guilt and until that happens no justice has been served.  Its obvious that you hold convictions that he has been arrested for murder, when in reality we have absolutely no idea what kind of involvment he has.  Until they arrest the man who committed murder and he has been convicted of murder then justice has not been served.  But that doesn't make it good news by any means when lifes have been ruined....all I'm tyring to say is that I think that I and many others would likely word that differently. 

people are also innocent until proven guilty.  For all we know Aaron Hernandez has no idea who even murdered him.  The circumstantial evidence doesn't look good for AH, but we really have no idea what the whole story is and what all the evidence is.  AH looks like he was guilty of something but I will hold judgement and I will definitely not considere any news going forward as "good news" 

If someone murdered my best friend the murderer being caught would indeed be "good news" to me. If it wouldn't be to you then that is fine.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

yea the circumstances dont look good but the best case scenario is he's so hard core "no snitchin" that this is what theyve done to shake the tree for info...but the Patriots have released him? Not good. What a disgraceful end to an amazingly talented athlete with so many years ahead of him...then again that dead boy's Momma can say the same thing  :(

Wow, they released him already?!? Didn't see that.

And yes, geo, very good point about Odin Lloyd. Too many times in these situations we lose sight of that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Not exaclty the accusation you want to throw out based on pure speculation....this is how people get F'd up and murdered in the streets by vigilantes for crimes they didn't commit.

Like I said it doesn't look good, but lets pass judgment AT LEAST until we know the charges let alone he goes through trial. 

So you don't want to insinuate people are murderers because if you do it will cause them to be murdered by other people. So it is cool to insinuate future murders but not past ones.

Understood.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

And yes, geo, very good point about Odin Lloyd. Too many times in these situations we lose sight of that.

They may know something we don't, yet. Regardless, it's not the "Patriot Way" and am not surprised, his days in New England are over. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

They may know something we don't, yet. Regardless, it's not the "Patriot way" and am not surprised, his days in New England are over. 

Not sure why some mod blocked your OP JB. It didnt violate any rules here. I think whoever its outsourced to really should be paying attention to the other important issues here to clean up this place. Blocking a post about an important New England story because its not the Sox is not a good enough reason to block a post. But then again, they dont know who is who here like someone who spends time here for a while, like us.

They need to remove threads by known trolls who just some here to post baseless trash. Other sites dont tolerate the name calling and attacks as well as trollish behavior. I mention MLBTR because they have some very informative posts there as well as some good factual back and forth without all the adolescent BS. Some here say you should have thick skin? I say why should you have to worry about having thick skin, what about respect and acting like an intelligent adult?

Either way, your op is back...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

[QUOTE]

how is this good news?

because justice should supercede celebrity and one's own ignorance and avarice neednt be mine...

Ok I don't care that he is a celebrity, and how this shapes the Patriots is an afterthought to me.  We don't even know what he's been charged with so no Justice has been served.  Someone is still dead and multiple lifes family's have been ruined.....

There is no such thing as good news in a case like this. 

there is such a thing as justice Hugh...and AH being arrested is the first step in that long process - even though I will say that there are probably no innocents in this sad affair

Like I said only a judge and a Jury can convict and determine guilt and until that happens no justice has been served.  Its obvious that you hold convictions that he has been arrested for murder, when in reality we have absolutely no idea what kind of involvment he has.  Until they arrest the man who committed murder and he has been convicted of murder then justice has not been served.  But that doesn't make it good news by any means when lifes have been ruined....all I'm tyring to say is that I think that I and many others would likely word that differently. 

people are also innocent until proven guilty.  For all we know Aaron Hernandez has no idea who even murdered him.  The circumstantial evidence doesn't look good for AH, but we really have no idea what the whole story is and what all the evidence is.  AH looks like he was guilty of something but I will hold judgement and I will definitely not considere any news going forward as "good news" 

If someone murdered my best friend the murderer being caught would indeed be "good news" to me. If it wouldn't be to you then that is fine.  

[/QUOTE]

Yes if he was the one who murdered him, we don't know that and charges haven't been filed.  Wouldn't it be equally as stressing if they found out he didn't do it and they never catch the guy???? albeit, it looks as though he is guilty of something.  But all I'am saying here is let's pass judgement until more information comes out.

We are labeling this man a murdere before

a. he's even been charged with a crime 

and

b. he's been convicted of a crime. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Hardly a day goes by without an NFL player being arrested for something. Obviously , this is more serious than most. Anyone can see that the NFL has a problem with the character of many of it's players.  However , most fans don't seem to be too concerned about it. That's how high pro football is riding at this time.

Stabbed by Foulke.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

So you don't want to insinuate people are murderers because if you do it will cause them to be murdered by other people. So it is cool to insinuate future murders but not past ones.

Understood.

no I would say you misunderstood that.

My point was people get irrational and when the hear that someone is accused of something whether the evidence is strong/weak and whether it is true/false; thus they determine they are guilty.  And there have been instances in the past where people have acted on that information and more lives had been ruined, be it the familys of the victims and the accused sometimes justly and falsely.

I haven't insinuated anyone as a murderer...that is what others in here are doing. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

FWIW, my best guess right now is that they've taken him into custody and they're interrogating him, probably as we speak. 

In the process of the interrogation they're going to tell him that they have enough of a case against him to try him for murder.  Then they're going to tell him about how life would be in prison for the rest of his life

UNLESS, of course, he chooses to avoid that scenario by telling the police everything he knows about the murder, in which case the charges could be reduced to obstruction and they may be able to work out a deal that would allow him to avoid jail time altogether. 

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to S5's comment:

FWIW, my best guess right now is that they've taken him into custody and they're interrogating him, probably as we speak. 

In the process of the interrogation they're going to tell him that they have enough of a case against him to try him for murder.  Then they're going to tell him about how life would be in prison for the rest of his life

UNLESS, of course, he chooses to avoid that scenario by telling the police everything he knows about the murder, in which case the charges could be reduced to obstruction and they may be able to work out a deal that would allow him to avoid jail time altogether. 

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

IF he in fact did not murder someone, then my guess would be that is exactly what they are doing.  Aiming sky high on the charges is often a tactic to scare a guy into making a deal. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

[QUOTE]

I'm sorry. I just don't believe it. they were friends. I will go on record as stating that I do not believe that AH had anything to do with this murder case.

i'm sorry.Ijust don't believe they arrest someone just to see if handcuff fit. Iwill go on record as stating  that Hernandez played some part and i gone for a long long time.

[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

Too bad in several different ways.  Mostly too bad for the deceased.  Too bad for Aaron no matter which way he might end up being involved.  The Pats should make mandatory a class before these players can cash their first check.  The class should be titled: why you should leave your loser friends in the dust.

That is part of something they do for the young players... they tell them about that, lifestyle, girls that will try and corner them for money and other things that come with the fame and fortune or being an NFL player. Some listen, and some dont.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/6/27/1537666/the-rookie-symposium-the-nfls

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts