About Trey Ball

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

About Trey Ball

Does anyone know when he will make his debut?  I thought Sox signed him officially.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: About Trey Ball

In response to seannybboi's comment:

Does anyone know when he will make his debut?  I thought Sox signed him officially.  

thought he reported to Gulf Coast Rookie league

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

In response to seannybboi's comment:

thought he reported to Gulf Coast Rookie league

I thought so too but he didn't make his pro debut yet.  I think it's been quite a while since he reported to GCL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

He is being fitted for Cooperstown Jersey according to many here!

As always - 100% correct!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Usually with high school pitchers they just work on building up arm strength the first year and maybe give them 3-7 innings or so of game experience. They don't want them getting hurt. Young guy trying to impress the first year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

He's a T-Baller.  Or at least a T. Ball.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

He's a T-Baller.  Or at least a T. Ball.

He's changing his name to trey strikes

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

This guy doesn't have to do anything yet.  He is in Florida getting ready to make his pro debut somewhere-probably the Gulf Coast team.

He does not have to impress anyone this year. Let him grow into his height and take a look at hime next spring.  He is at the age where he will put on some good weight with the lifting program that he is most likely already on.

RedSox prospects is correct in that he may show up for a few inning later in the summer, and is also correct that the Sox push their college guys ahead a little faster because the are three to four years older and more physically mature due to thos extra years.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Geo is concerned about his ability to play the outfield.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

He is being fitted for Cooperstown Jersey according to many here!

And trashed others who never heard of him before draft day, and who think MLB teams should draft for position...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

good video on NESN of him catching a pop fly...he is literally a man-child...he's so gangly it hurts....but i must say he movements were fluid.....but he's got to be projected as a pitcher

it will take about 6 years for this guy to fill out/mature and hopefully be a force....i wa hoping for an impact power hitter sooner than that.....i guess Pedey will be batting cleanup when ortiz is done

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

good video on NESN of him catching a pop fly...he is literally a man-child...he's so gangly it hurts....but i must say he movements were fluid.....but he's got to be projected as a pitcher

it will take about 6 years for this guy to fill out/mature and hopefully be a force....i wa hoping for an impact power hitter sooner than that.....i guess Pedey will be batting cleanup when ortiz is done

We already a couple of bats in the minors that project quite highly.

IRT his OF play, I wouldn't be concerned.  He's got speed, but at his size, it is tough to be fluid.  It won't mean anything anyway, but being a good athlete is always better than being a poor athlete, even for a pitcher.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

We already a couple of bats in the minors that project quite highly.

IRT his OF play, I wouldn't be concerned.  He's got speed, but at his size, it is tough to be fluid.  It won't mean anything anyway, but being a good athlete is always better than being a poor athlete, even for a pitcher.

you know im a firm believer in being in shape to play sports but for pitchers it really doesnt matter as much -  we all know that Clay B was supposedly faster than Ells and beat him in a foot race...I wish now Clay were stronger than swifter....but man that is one tall kid...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

It's a lot more likely that we'll see Bogaerts batting cleanup.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Theres a very good chance that Papi is here through 2015. I could see another 1yr deal if he continues with these numbers. And as long as he continues producing, he will continue to recieve 1yr deals, ala Tim Wakefield.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to carnie's comment:

Theres a very good chance that Papi is here through 2015. I could see another 1yr deal if he continues with these numbers. And as long as he continues producing, he will continue to recieve 1yr deals, ala Tim Wakefield.

I like the way you think. I was just pointing out to geo that Bogaerts makes a much more logical projection as a cleanup hitter than Pedey.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

two things...penciling a guy who hasnt played one sec of mlb for batting cleanup is a bit presumptious...although i share in your excitement about this guy...and most of all -  Papi isnt going to do one yr contracts like wakefield - that is certain even before this amazing year's performance

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

two things...penciling a guy who hasnt played one sec of mlb for batting cleanup is a bit presumptious...although i share in your excitement about this guy...and most of all -  Papi isnt going to do one yr contracts like wakefield - that is certain even before this amazing year's performance

Remember some of these responses were in the context of your disappointment of a lack of an "impactful hitter who can reach the majors quickly" in relationship to the draft.  Xander Bogaerts has done much more to prove himself than anyone who was drafted.  Also think of it like this; if Xander Bogaerts was a junior in college this past year he would have hands down, easily been the #1 pick in this years draft.  With no hitting prospect being close to the majors besides possibly Kris Bryant there wasn't any such available in this years draft when the Sox selected.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

at 38-40yrs old, nobody is going to offer him a 2 yr deal. Why are you so sure Papi wouldnt accept an ongoing 1yr deal of 13M per? Hes made over 100M playing baseball in Boston and I believe as long as he has good numbers, he would accept a 1yr deal if thats the way the Sox decide to do things. The Sox showed their faith in papi by giving him a 2yr deal at his age with his injury. I think Papi would like to retire a Red Sox player and could care less to chase and extra Mil or 2 at this point.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

at 38-40yrs old, nobody is going to offer him a 2 yr deal. Why are you so sure Papi wouldnt accept an ongoing 1yr deal of 13M per? Hes made over 100M playing baseball in Boston and I believe as long as he has good numbers, he would accept a 1yr deal if thats the way the Sox decide to do things. The Sox showed their faith in papi by giving him a 2yr deal at his age with his injury. I think Papi would like to retire a Red Sox player and could care less to chase and extra Mil or 2 at this point.

papi sees contract talks as insulting...your logic makes sense but we are talking about larry Bird type rep for papi as a red sox...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

papi sees contract talks as insulting...your logic makes sense but we are talking about larry Bird type rep for papi as a red sox...

I see your point and its valid, but I think all Papi wanted was exactly what he got this year. If we are talking 3-4 years ago then Id probably agree with you, but I think his acceptance an attitude towards a 1yr on going deal at age 39 would be different that it was a few years back. I dont think he feels disrespected anymore and would be more realistic at that age is all Im saying.

Sections
Shortcuts