Abreau?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Abreau?

Any thoughts on looking at Abreau while Crawford is out if he comes cheaply enough?

I know he has been an early season slump, but he is better than Anderson as a left fielder and likely will out hit Anderson as well.

His average does not look good right now, but he has been a professional hitter for a very long time and will likely get back on track sooner rather than later.  And,  if he is unable to regain his stroke he can be dumped with little or no financial loss.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Re: Abreau?

oops, spelled his name wrong.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Yeah great idea... btw I want to be as smart as you, where did you go to school?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I'm not crazy about that idea.

His numbers are heading downhill and his age is heading uphill.

In layman's terms: He's getting tired, old and slow.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

No no no no. It is a fantastic idea! Why can't the fans run the team? Maybe loli-pops every loss? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: Abreau?:
    No no no no. It is a fantastic idea! Why can't the fans run the team? Maybe loli-pops every loss? 
    Posted by BurritoT

Not lollipops...fried chicken!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

The people from India have Vegtable Loli-pop. Look it up at Sheri-Punjab Phnom Penh.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Really? Funny I never saw you take on them. BTW was I being terrible? Are you the BDC police?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In Response to Abreau?:
    Any thoughts on looking at Abreau while Crawford is out if he comes cheaply enough? I know he has been an early season slump, but he is better than Anderson as a left fielder and likely will out hit Anderson as well. His average does not look good right now, but he has been a professional hitter for a very long time and will likely get back on track sooner rather than later.  And,  if he is unable to regain his stroke he can be dumped with little or no financial loss.
    Posted by charliedarling

I don't know, Charlie, he's more a left handed DH these days and we have the best one in the game already.  I just don't think he would be much of an upgrade over Anderson right now, if at all. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

um...no.
    Maybe Delmon Young will be available?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tyler Scionti. Show tyler Scionti's posts

how about we take the money we would spend on another hitter in a offense leading the MAJORS in runs scored, and spend it on a bullpen arm for a pitching staff that actually needs help? Our offense is fine, we need PITCHING.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Hey burritot

I went to Fork Union

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

That is oh so cooooooooooool. Thanks. Hopefully ZAC will be okay.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

The Sox don't need more aging players. He is not needed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Three years ago? Yeah. Now? Not so much.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Abreau?:
    Any thoughts on looking at Abreau while Crawford is out if he comes cheaply enough? I know he has been an early season slump, but he is better than Anderson as a left fielder and likely will out hit Anderson as well. His average does not look good right now, but he has been a professional hitter for a very long time and will likely get back on track sooner rather than later.  And,  if he is unable to regain his stroke he can be dumped with little or no financial loss.
    Posted by charliedarling

I had the same notion for a sec.  He has been a pro hitter and he's certainly hurt us in times past.  But I think he's really slowed down and only see him as a DH.  We already have a fairly decent one of them.

Need to give Lars a chance, IMO. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Abreau?:
    In Response to Abreau? : I had the same notion for a sec.  He has been a pro hitter and he's certainly hurt us in times past.  But I think he's really slowed down and only see him as a DH.  We already have a fairly decent one of them. Need to give Lars a chance, IMO. 
    Posted by SinceYaz
    Fairly decent, yeah.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

The left fielder is Ross, who is hitting up a storm, as is Sweeney in RF. Abreu is a terrible idea.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Valid question, and tempting given how much he killed us over the years. But I'd have to say nah. We're pretty well off at the moment, and Bobby's a 38-year-old outfielder.
    But ask me that three, four years ago ...

Sections
Shortcuts