According to mfymfy, the Sox are in a god-awful position right now... Do you agree?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

According to mfymfy, the Sox are in a god-awful position right now... Do you agree?

According to one of this forum's elite Yankee trolls/homers, the Sox currently sit in a god-awful position.  Do you agree?  Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

Re: According to mfymfy, the Sox are in a god-awful position right now... Do you agree?

What I said is directed at you, SPC. A homer with ludicrous expectations looks at the circumstances---not up by 10 games, Agon not hitting 40-50 HRS, Buch gone for the season, etc.--and might  say "How could this godawful thing be happening to my Sox?". 

Anyone halfway reasonable will say, "We're virtually tied with the Yanks, we have one of the best offenses in baseball, we have a great record, we're headed for the playoffs, and we have some issues but we'll figure them out".

Not you. And don't put words in my mouth.
    That's my final comment before you get started with your nitwit remarks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from >.TheBabe.<. Show >.TheBabe.<'s posts

Re: According to mfymfy, the Sox are in a god-awful position right now... Do you agree?

What mfymfy said..........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

SPC, why do you feel the need to put this to boardwide thoughts..obviously the Sox are not where they want to be but are EXACTLY where they need to be..and if reversed, the same would apply to the Yanks...not taking issue with either of you, but with still roughly a month and a half to go, ask the Rays if they feel the Sox are in a god awful postion...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Here's what I find pretty funny...both teams are playing .600 ball, neither team has shown they're good enough to run and hide from the other. Yet we spend all of our time beatin each other up and digging up every relevent stat to support our positions on why one or the other is the better team...yet after all the number crunching and uber-matrix analysis...here we stand on August 21st in a dead heat with a half game separating the two with less than 40 to go.

Given the relative health of both, the Yanks appear to have the advantage...funny thing's happen along the way...while the Sox have struggle to play .500 ball in the last two weeks, so too have the mighty Yanks...Yet another exapmle of why we play the games...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Good post, BT.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

With alot of injuries that the Sox have at this moment, thought the Yankees would be up by five games!!  But it isnt happening!!  Good thing the Sox is .5 game behind. 

Dont worry about the Sox!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Seriously, and I hate to admit it, but the Sox and Yanks should play for the ALCS ... if that doesn't happen, it will be a crime. 

With both teams healthy it will be a great series.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

In Response to According to mfymfy, the Sox are in a god-awful position right now... Do you agree?:
    [QUOTE]According to one of this forum's elite Yankee trolls/homers, the Sox currently sit in a god-awful position .  Do you agree?  Thoughts?
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

SPC should you be starting this thread?  You make rediculous statements all the time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: According to mfymfy, the Sox are in a god-awful position right now... Do you agree?:
    [QUOTE]With alot of injuries that the Sox have at this moment, thought the Yankees would be up by five games!!  But it isnt happening!!  Good thing the Sox is .5 game behind.  Dont worry about the Sox!!!
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE] hey UC13, any idea what the Huskies incoming class looks like?...team's gonna be a lot different post Kemba...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

"God-awful " is a God-awful exaggeration.  However , I would say that myself and many other Sox fans are starting to get a bit worried about this nine. Not a whole lot to like lately.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

In Response to Re: According to mfymfy, the Sox are in a god-awful position right now... Do you agree?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: According to mfymfy, the Sox are in a god-awful position right now... Do you agree? : hey UC13, any idea what the Huskies incoming class looks like?...team's gonna be a lot different post Kemba...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

I'll help out on that one.  Ryan Boatright... Supposed to be a very good PG.   With guys like Lamb, Oriahki, and Napier coming back, they should be very good yet again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]What I said is directed at you, SPC. A homer with ludicrous expectations looks at the circumstances---not up by 10 games, Agon not hitting 40-50 HRS, Buch gone for the season, etc.--and might  say "How could this godawful thing be happening to my Sox?".  Anyone halfway reasonable will say, "We're virtually tied with the Yanks, we have one of the best offenses in baseball, we have a great record, we're headed for the playoffs, and we have some issues but we'll figure them out". Not you. And don't put words in my mouth. That's my final comment before you get started with your nitwit remarks.
    Posted by mfymfy[/QUOTE]

Do you see me bashing the position the Red Sox are in?  No.  Since when are making predictions and being optimistic about players like A-Gon and Buchholz such an awful thing to do?  That's what people do all the time.  You do the same thing for your Yankees.  You set expectations.  Obviously, some players live up to them and some don't.  Some surpass expectations and some don't.  Stop crying about it.  You call me the homer?  Look at all of your posts.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: According to mfymfy, the Sox are in a god-awful position right now... Do you agree? : I'll help out on that one.  Ryan Boatright... Supposed to be a very good PG.   With guys like Lamb, Oriahki, and Napier coming back, they should be very good yet again.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE] thx SPC, though i'm an ACC guy, i look forward to some Big East ball each year, i attend a couple of pre-seasoners at the Garden, and now with my niece starting her sophmore year, some Johnnies' games as well..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: According to mfymfy, the Sox are in a god-awful position right now... Do you agree? : thx SPC, though i'm an ACC guy, i look forward to some Big East ball each year, i attend a couple of pre-seasoners at the Garden, and now with my niece starting her sophmore year, some Johhnies' games as well..

No problem.  I think he's the only standout freshmen that they are bringing in. I hear that Doc Rivers' son is unbelievable.  UNC has a few top recruits coming in as well.  It looks like the ACC will be loaded up once again after somewhat of a down-year overall.

I may be mistaken, but last I heard St John's has a top recruiting class coming in.  It may even be the top.  I recall hearing that Rutgers has a surprisingly highly-ranked class as well.  Steve Lavin is a very good coach that I believe will quickly have that program turned around and amongst the top of the class in the Big East.  Just take advantage of those games.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

3/4 start to the road trip ain't too shabby with a lot of hurt talent.  Texas will be the big test, though.  Hopefully joltin' Jake will be back at least, and maybe Ortiz.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]3/4 start to the road trip ain't too shabby with a lot of hurt talent.  Texas will be the big test, though.  Hopefully joltin' Jake will be back at least, and maybe Ortiz.
    Posted by crix[/QUOTE]
    crix, Ortiz shooting for Texas return...http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110821&content_id=23526454&notebook_id=23529108&vkey=notebook_bos&c_id=bos

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]Here's what I find pretty funny...both teams are playing .600 ball, neither team has shown they're good enough to run and hide from the other. Yet we spend all of our time beatin each other up and digging up every relevent stat to support our positions on why one or the other is the better team...yet after all the number crunching and uber-matrix analysis...here we stand on August 21st in a dead heat with a half game separating the two with less than 40 to go. Given the relative health of both, the Yanks appear to have the advantage...funny thing's happen along the way...while the Sox have struggle to play .500 ball in the last two weeks, so too have the mighty Yanks...Yet another exapmle of why we play the games...
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

Voice of reason, once again.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from )Show )

Go Tarheels!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]Go Tarheels!!
    Posted by )<)[/QUOTE]

Tarheels?  Can't figure that one out.  Are you an Oklahoma Sooners football fan too?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: According to mfymfy, the Sox are in a god-awful position right now... Do you agree? : thx SPC, though i'm an ACC guy, i look forward to some Big East ball each year, i attend a couple of pre-seasoners at the Garden, and now with my niece starting her sophmore year, some Johnnies' games as well..
    big ten for life.....This is the Boilermakers year 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to According to mfymfy, the Sox are in a god-awful position right now... Do you agree?:
    [QUOTE]According to one of this forum's elite Yankee trolls/homers, the Sox currently sit in a god-awful position .  Do you agree?  Thoughts?

Not totally. They might be in some trouble, I posted that last weekend. But, holding their own against Texas, and winning 4 of 6 against Oak/NYY would set things in a better light. Only a half game out guys, which I'll admit could be a lot more than that if they have trouble in Texas. My prediction last weekend was that they'd be 2-3 out of first when NYY came to town, but I figured they'd only split with KC and they took 3 of 4, so they did better than I thought, and I'm fine with THAT!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: According to mfymfy, the Sox are in a god-awful position right now... Do you agree? : big ten for life.....This is the Boilermakers year 
    Posted by redsoxlaxer12[/QUOTE]

Didn't the lose some of their key players?  JuJuan Johnson (current Celtic) for example?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: According to mfymfy, the Sox are in a god-awful position right now... Do you agree? : Didn't the lose some of their key players?  JuJuan Johnson (current Celtic) for example?
    We lost JJ and e'twan to the celts. Hummel is back tho, our pointguard is still going strong, if barlo gets his act together he'll be good to go, and we have a boatload of redshirt fresmen ready to play this season....we'll be fine

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from .<(The-Babe)>.. Show .<(The-Babe)>.'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: According to mfymfy, the Sox are in a god-awful position right now... Do you agree? : Tarheels?  Can't figure that one out.  Are you an Oklahoma Sooners football fan too?

No mongo, my mom's side of the family is from Wilmington, NC and I've been a Heels' fan since I was a kid.

Sections
Shortcuts