ACEVES ??? As DAD would say............

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

ACEVES ??? As DAD would say............

"SON, that boy is a nut-case, he won't be here much longer" !!!!!   Ben should look to move him soooooner, rather than later.........   Maybe part of a "BLOCKBUSTER" as we certainly have the depth in the pen !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: ACEVES ??? As DAD would say............

you can't fix stupid....case in point, Beckett...

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Polly-'s comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

"SON, that boy is a nut-case, he won't be here much longer" !!!!!   Ben should look to move him soooooner, rather than later.........   Maybe part of a "BLOCKBUSTER" as we certainly have the depth in the pen !!!

Is there something new today about Aceves?

He screwed up this morning pitching  B P......  Not as directed through the program !!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to Polly-'s comment:

Is there something new today about Aceves?

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/

With his history and a 2013 salary of $2.65 million, Alfredo Aceves would be hard to trade.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

FORT MYERS, Fla. -- Red Sox righthander Alfredo Aceves caused a minor disturbance in camp on Sunday when he started to mail it in during live batting practice, lobbing meatballs to the plate in lieu of throwing the full arsenal of pitches to Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Jonny Gomes, and Mauro Gomez in the cage.

Are Meatballs Approved By MLB......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:

FORT MYERS, Fla. -- Red Sox righthander Alfredo Aceves caused a minor disturbance in camp on Sunday when he started to mail it in during live batting practice, lobbing meatballs to the plate in lieu of throwing the full arsenal of pitches to Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Jonny Gomes, and Mauro Gomez in the cage.

Are Meatballs Approved By MLB......

Thats CODE for "CHICKEN & BEER"  !!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

What if we had gotten rid of all the "nutcases" in 2003 and 2004?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

What if we had gotten rid of all the "nutcases" in 2003 and 2004?

MOON,  Not the same.......  This one (Aceves) is actually dangerous & detrimental to the TEAM !!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

I think he is already on a short leash.  He's a nut job and doesn't belong on anybodys team

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

He'll be away with the Mexican Team and this will give him a chance to show what he's got.

Perhaps a trade to the D'Backs---see if he tries anything with Kirk Gibson.

I hate to see him traded you will never get true value unless you pay most of his salary.

Let's wait him out through ST.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

two.5 million isnt a lot of money...it might be worth releasing him just to set a tone with the new manager that unlike 2011 & 2012, there are consequences for anti-team behavior

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Aceves might have earned a critical eye, but I don't think there's anything to this incident.  It seems like he just mis-understood the point of the drill.  As soon as Nieves talked with him, he started throwing mid 90s.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Give Farrell a chance to get him under control. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Give Farrell a chance to get him under control. 

Im just saying if this keeps up....a good talking to should be enough - like lester had...if not then explore options to make a point...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Seems like a non issue to me . Relax it's early.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i do have to say that Aceves frustrates the heck out of me - i probably enjoy watching him pitch as much as anyone on the team - he's got great movement and he's tough as nails...be nice if he would just grow up a bit

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

i do have to say that Aceves frustrates the heck out of me - i probably enjoy watching him pitch as much as anyone on the team - he's got great movement and he's tough as nails...be nice if he would just grow up a bit

He has VALUE, lets MOVE HIM, NOW GRASSHOPPER !!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Just curious, anyone ever think they were just having a little fun rather than bash him like the story reads?  Alfredo has his moments and may or may not be here long but I still think he gives us some nice depth.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Aceves is clearly not wrapped too tight. That has been apparent for a while. Some made the mistake of blaming his issues on Valentine. They go deeper than that. He even had a problem with  Pedroia , of all people. This is probably not going to end well. Stay tuned.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

The season really needs to start so there is something for the media and this board to talk about,  First Clay pulls a hammy and now Aceves gets talked to because he isn't throwing hard enough in practice.

Whether or not Aceves is a problem or not this is a complete non issue.

I know people are bored but seriously...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Aceves is clearly not wrapped too tight. That has been apparent for a while. Some made the mistake of blaming his issues on Valentine. They go deeper than that. He even had a problem with  Pedroia , of all people. This is probably not going to end well. Stay tuned.

B I N G O   !!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Seeing Bill-806 make fun of someone for being a nutcase is truly comical. 

Bill if we can make room for nutjobs here we can make room for them on the Red Sox also. 

In all seriousness one thing that has always been true of relievers is you never know what you're going to get from year to year - there will always be guys that raise their game and have a surprisingly good season and guys who really stink it up. That's why you want some depth there...I'm ok taking a chance with Aceves. 

Georom's Beckett comparison is asinine, Aceves is MUCH cheaper and does not command the clubhouse respect that Beckett did as a multiple World Series winner.