ACEVES ??? As DAD would say............

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: ACEVES ??? As DAD would say............

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Seeing Bill-806 make fun of someone for being a nutcase is truly comical. 

Bill if we can make room for nutjobs here we can make room for them on the Red Sox also. 

In all seriousness one thing that has always been true of relievers is you never know what you're going to get from year to year - there will always be guys that raise their game and have a surprisingly good season and guys who really stink it up. That's why you want some depth there...I'm ok taking a chance with Aceves. 

Georom's Beckett comparison is asinine, Aceves is MUCH cheaper and does not command the clubhouse respect that Beckett did as a multiple World Series winner. 

Again, your wrong.....  Nothing comical here......  I was just laying out the facts about both his value & his "dark side".......  The Sox would be wise to move him sooooon, before he again becomes another every day conversation !!!

In December 2010, the Yankees released Alfredo Aceves despite a 3.21 ERA (and a 14-1 record) in 59 MLB appearances. Since then, Aceves has posted a 3.77 ERA in 124 appearances for the Red Sox, including a 5.36 ERA in 69 appearances last season.

Aceves remains under team control for two seasons with a 2013 salary of $2.65 million.

If the Red Sox wish to move Aceves, what kind of return can the Sox expect for a 30-year-old righthander with a sullied reputation?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

What if we had gotten rid of all the "nutcases" in 2003 and 2004?

MOON,  Not the same.......  This one (Aceves) is actually dangerous & detrimental to the TEAM !!!!

That's what people said about Manny and OCab.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

If Valentine were still manager I would have a big problem with this. 

There's a new sheriff in town.  I don't have one bit of a concern with Farrell keeping Ace in line.

NO WORRIES!  :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

There is no issue here at all.  Boston media just being desperate.

Aceves isn't throwing hard.  Caoch asks "are you okay?"  Aceves - yes.

Coach:   Throw harder

Aceves:  okay.

Throws harder. 

NOT A STORY!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Aceves doesn't throw hard enough so that makes him a nutcase? Maybe the batters weren't doing so well so they blamed it on Aceves and his pitching.

I like Aceves. I think he's one of those guys where they've labeled him, and now he can't do anything right. This might be the most ridiculous "story" I've heard in a long time. There really must not be anything negative to say so now it's how hard a pitcher is throwing at batting practice. LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

Throws harder. 

NOT A STORY!!!

+1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

Aceves doesn't throw hard enough so that makes him a nutcase? Maybe the batters weren't doing so well so they blamed it on Aceves and his pitching.

I like Aceves. I think he's one of those guys where they've labeled him, and now he can't do anything right. This might be the most ridiculous "story" I've heard in a long time. There really must not be anything negative to say so now it's how hard a pitcher is throwing at batting practice. LOL

this is a non-story but that doesn't mean Aceves was in the right. The point of the drill was to simulate game-time scenarios. The pitcher is supposed to go full speed so the batters can work on their timing and make good contact. Aceves may have been mailing it in, he may have not understood the point of the drill.. Personally, i think he didn't know what was going on. That was quickly rectified through the pitching coach and then he started throwing fire.

if this was any other pitcher it wouldn't be an issue at all. Definitely because of his past disciplinary problems. Media trying to stir the pot like always.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

KST ''This might be the most ridiculous "story" I've heard in a long time.''

In response to nhsteven's comment:

NOT A STORY!!!

+1

sometimes a picture of a pitcher tells the ''non story'' best

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

this is a non-story but that doesn't mean Aceves was in the right. The point of the drill was to simulate game-time scenarios. The pitcher is supposed to go full speed so the batters can work on their timing and make good contact. Aceves may have been mailing it in, he may have not understood the point of the drill.. Personally, i think he didn't know what was going on. That was quickly rectified through the pitching coach and then he started throwing fire.

if this was any other pitcher it wouldn't be an issue at all. Definitely because of his past disciplinary problems. Media trying to stir the pot like always.

And you have to wonder why he went through so many batters before anyone mentioned it. Wouldn't you think the first batter would say, "Hey, what are you doing?". It doesn't make sense to me that so many batters just kept coming up to bat before they said anything if it's known that's what is supposed to happen. To me, it's like having an excuse ready if it doesn't go well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

KST ''This might be the most ridiculous "story" I've heard in a long time.''

In response to nhsteven's comment:

NOT A STORY!!!

+1

sometimes a picture of a pitcher tells the ''non story'' best

What's going on in Yankeeland spring training? Do you even care? Why are you following the Sox in the off-season and spring training? It's one thing to say you're here because we're your rivals, which I don't get since the very definition of a fan is "fanatic", meaning of course being obsessed with your own team, but even when there are no games going on you're reading all the threads on multiple boards, reading all the articles on multiple boards, watching any TV broadcasts about the Sox, it's a little weird -- and by a little I mean alot. No Sox fan is obsessing like this about the Yankees.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

aceves to throw underhand today

LOL that would be funny as hell!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

man, he's turned into one odd dude..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Throws harder. 

NOT A STORY!!!

BINGO!!!  He just a little left of center and these things will happen. He was talked to. nothing to see here, move along...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

http://bostonherald.com/sports/red_sox_mlb/boston_red_sox/2013/02/despite_versatility_time_for_alfredo_aceves_to_go

It is sort of funny to see the forum nannies trying to squealch every little story that upsets the red sox herd - meanwhile in the real world, this is not even a debate - he has to go....well done Bill...then again if management had any brass, they would have sent him packing after last year's shenaningans

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

The last sentence of your post is extremely hypocritical. You can't really believe that. Can you?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosox0489. Show bosox0489's posts

get rid of this pile of crap.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill211. Show Bill211's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Give Farrell a chance to get him under control. 

He was just seeing how far he could go with Farrell.  Testing the new manager.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Aceves is a buffoon but if he pitches well and Farrell can put up with him he stays. I think if the manager had wanted him gone before spring training he would've already been sent packing.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Aceves is a buffoon but if he pitches well and Farrell can put up with him he stays. I think if the manager had wanted him gone before spring training he would've already been sent packing.   

I agree, the guy has talent

so I can C ferrell  wanting to wait to C

if it was a mostly valentine thing last yr or not

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

aceves to throw underhand today

+1

If Farrell and Nieves want to break the ice a little, they should ask AA to do exactly that, and not even tell anyone else, just to see the expressions.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Thanks MOON, your making my point......  They got rid of O-Cab right away and eventually the MAN-CHILD-FRAUD- too !!!   And Aceves is never to be confused with the MAN-CHILD !!!!

OCab was a FA.  He left of his own accord.  They were so upset with Manny, they waited until they won 2 WSCs with him, and 7.67 years of an 8-year contract.

Sections
Shortcuts