ACEVES ??? As DAD would say............

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: ACEVES ??? As DAD would say............

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I have plenty of doubts.

Farrell might have just said, "Kid, forget the media; you did nothing wrong."

I don't think so !!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

I have plenty of doubts.

and his agent happened to meet with Ben the next day???

really?

did he tell him to pay no mind to the media as well?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

I have plenty of doubts.

Then, why would Aceves apologize?

I'm sorry, but that makes no sense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

I have plenty of doubts.

Because the media demands apologies for non-issues.

His agent was looking for an extension... LOL

Are you really saying that what he did recently was worth all this? Seriously?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I have plenty of doubts.

This is what John Farrelll told the media about Alfredo Aceves on Sunday (at 0:58):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd9USYR5oZk

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

I have plenty of doubts.

This is what John Farrelll told the media about Alfredo Aceves on Sunday (at 0:58):

ty for the link...JF simply said he addressed the issue - no details and obviously he didnt say it was a misunderstanding or blame the media....Aceves has been warned

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

In response to hill55's comment:

I have plenty of doubts.

ty for the link...JF simply said he addressed the issue - no details and obviously he didnt say it was a misunderstanding or blame the media....Aceves has been warned

I like the way JF handled that.  He didn't hang Alfredo out to dry like Valentine, but he also didn't "in-house" smother it the way Francona would have.  He played it close to the vest but gave it a little mustard.  I agree with your assesment.  Alfredo has been warned.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

I like the way JF handled that.  He didn't hang Alfredo out to dry like Valentine, but he also didn't "in-house" smother it the way Francona would have.  He played it close to the vest but gave it a little mustard.  I agree with your assesment.  Alfredo has been warned.

excellent analysis...this guy might be the man we have been in need of as a leader..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'm beginning to see why more MLB players might not want to play in Boston. This hypercriticism is not productive or appropriate. It's absurdity that this issue is still being discussed as a reason to dump a player of his skill level or any skill level for that matter.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

I'm beginning to see why more MLB players might not want to play in Boston. This hypercriticism is not productive or appropriate. It's absurdity that this issue is still being discussed as a reason to dump a player of his skill level or any skill level for that matter.

i agree, its getting absurd..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Aceves is a good pitcher; period.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I agree. But I'm also looking at it like there must be NOTHING else to talk about that they could put in a negative light. That's actually a positive if this is it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

I agree. But I'm also looking at it like there must be NOTHING else to talk about that they could put in a negative light. That's actually a positive if this is it.

I see your point, but with someone as "touchy" as Aceves, I do not think all this hypersenitivity over a minor event is what he needs right now. It's not what anybody needs. I can understand why the media needs something to frenzy over (Yes, I used that word as a verb), but it doesn't mean us knowledgable posters have to take the bait and run with it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I see your point, but with someone as "touchy" as Aceves, I do not think all this hypersenitivity over a minor event is what he needs right now. It's not what anybody needs. I can understand why the media needs something to frenzy over (Yes, I used that word as a verb), but it doesn't mean us knowledgable posters have to take the bait and run with it.

So Bill-806 is a knowledgeable poster now? :-)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Thanks for the compliment !!!  Just so you know, the Sox have no desire of a repeat of last years antics from Mr. Alfredo Aceves.....  He will be gone before they break camp !!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to carnie's comment:

Thanks for the compliment !!!  Just so you know, the Sox have no desire of a repeat of last years antics from Mr. Alfredo Aceves.....  He will be gone before they break camp !!!

If he's still here will you make a post each about Manny Ramirez and Josh Beckett without calling them names, or are you just running off at the mouth as usual?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I have plenty of doubts.

Possible, but highly unlikely Moon. The simple interpretation of the events is probably correct: Aceves misunderstood what was required and was corrected by Farrell. If he continues to misbehave then we will all know that he has a chip on his shoulder and needs to be disciplined.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Lets be clear.  Whatever is going on with Alfredo, whether it be overblown much ado about nothing (most likely) or serious attitude issues, THE GUY CAN PITCH.  We want him in our bullpen.  If he is malcontent, its not like last year where EVERYONE was malcotent so Aceve's blowups were gasoline on fire.  If he can't tow the line, bury him at the end of the pen or move him. My guess is he won't be a problem at all.  

I think it is crazy talk to consider dumping him just because of his hot-headedness.  That same hot-headedness is what makes him Nails on the mound.  Now that he can resume the flex role he was born to play (no more rotation psyche-out and emergency closer duty), he is of super value to the Red Sox.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Lets be clear.  Whatever is going on with Alfredo, whether it be overblown much ado about nothing (most likely) or serious attitude issues, THE GUY CAN PITCH.  We want him in our bullpen.  If he is malcontent, its not like last year where EVERYONE was malcotent so Aceve's blowups were gasoline on fire.  If he can't tow the line, bury him at the end of the pen or move him. My guess is he won't be a problem at all.  

I think it is crazy talk to consider dumping him just because of his hot-headedness.  That same hot-headedness is what makes him Nails on the mound.  Now that he can resume the flex role he was born to play (no more rotation psyche-out and emergency closer duty), he is of super value to the Red Sox.

Exactly...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Couldn't have said it better myself. :-)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to selenium-'s comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

I have plenty of doubts.

Possible, but highly unlikely Moon. The simple interpretation of the events is probably correct: Aceves misunderstood what was required and was corrected by Farrell. If he continues to misbehave then we will all know that he has a chip on his shoulder and needs to be disciplined.

Since when does a misunderstanding ( if it was)  equal misbehaving. If you remove all of the speculation by the media, fans, and posters, then only Aceves knows if he was misbehaving or was testing Farrell. We will never know the answer.

Exactly...all the rest is speculation.

And, even if in his own mind, he was misbehaving, the event was very minor in nature and not worthy of all this bunk.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Moon - why would his agent be talking to ben the next day? Why would farrell himself say that it was addressed? Its not like he never thrown batting practice before - he has hundreds of times and knows the drill...for whatever reason Aceves decided to not do it properly...its not a consipracy of the media - he was out of line and called on it...and he has been warned....trust me if another thing happens again with aceves, this incident will be referenced and used as a reason to cut him/suspend him....and for that reason it is significant...

as far as trading him....i wouldnt right now but those of you claiming Aceves is an excellent pitcher - he wasnt last year - he was a 5plus era with a terrible record - he needs to get over himself a bit and just pitch hard for the new manager and keep his nose clean....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

For the RECORD........  He had his share of failures last year.....  For those POSTERS that think his ability/value is more positive than his ability to self destruct, then I say ACEVES is not the person that J F will beable to count on in the clutch.......... If Ben can get any value for him, then he should......  Looks like MLB teams have enough HISTORY (Yanks & Sox) that no one is knocking too hard on the door !!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

For the RECORD........  He had his share of failures last year.....  For those POSTERS that think his ability/value is more positive than his ability to self destruct, then I say ACEVES is not the person that J F will beable to count on in the clutch.......... If Ben can get any value for him, then he should......  Looks like MLB teams have enough HISTORY (Yanks & Sox) that no one is knocking too hard on the door !!!

For the RECORD, Aceves was totally out of his element in the closer role, a role he was neither cut-out for or prepared for. You know this of course, but, much to DAD's dismay, you like to leave context at the door when you make your points.  In 2011 he was steadfast and could be counted on in the clutch.  My guess is no one is knocking because he is not available at the moment, because JF and the FO aren't as panicky and shaky as you are in your personnel assessments.

Sections
Shortcuts