1. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Aceves in the Game in the 4th Inning?

Has anyone heard of why the Sox closer was in the game in the 4th inning last night?

His performance lately says that he should no longer be the closer, but has anything been said or written of such a change?

Since he only pitched one inning, it did not look like they were "stretching him out" to do any starting before the season ends.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

Re: Aceves in the Game in the 4th Inning?

I read somewhere, maybe an article in extra bases, they were going to start stretching him out.  Bailey will be closing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Bailey may be the loneliest guy in the pen the way things have been going---I can't remember the last save chance for a save--it certainly wasn't Fri. night.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to charliedarling's comment:

Has anyone heard of why the Sox closer was in the game in the 4th inning last night?

His performance lately says that he should no longer be the closer, but has anything been said or written of such a change?

Since he only pitched one inning, it did not look like they were "stretching him out" to do any starting before the season ends.

They're stretching him out. the question is why? An audition for next season or possibly for a possible trade??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to charliedarling's comment:

They're stretching him out. the question is why? An audition for next season or possibly for a possible trade??

I really hope that Aceves isn't traded.  He wasn't very good in the closing role this season, but that wasn't really his intended role.  I still like him and believe he will be a help to the Red Sox next season as a long-relief pitcher.