aceves optioned

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: aceves optioned

I would guess Lavarnway is just here until Sunday , when Lackey is activated. Aceves would not have pitched before then anyway. So , it is just one extra bat for three days. Much has been made of Aceves' attitude problems , but the fact is that he has not pitched consistently  well in quite some time. We have three relievers on the DL , who should all be back before long.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

You beat me too it, Lloyd. During  the post game , when asked about his poor pitching performance, instead of owning it, his comment was "why didnt they hit". I emailed a friend and saying  his days were numbered. Turned out to not even be 24 hours. 

Seriously, you give up seven earned in 3 1/3 innings, and you're placing blame on someone else??

Good riddance.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Softy is going to be pissed. 3 of his guys have been option and two of them solely for performance. On top of that the team is first place.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Softy is going to be pissed. 3 of his guys have been option and two of them solely for performance. On top of that the team is first place.

The worst part is, he only liked 3 guys.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I am glad to see aceves go....the team has tried very hard to change the attitudes in the lockerroom and though I cant say Ace is linked to any of our previous problems, he is a problem waiting to happen.....I would guess Lava is up just till they need the 5th starter and I would be very surprised if that starter isnt Webster for one more.....a) it gives the Sox another chance to see what they have and give Webster more experience and b) it gives Lackey one more AAA start to stretch out a little more and make sure he is ready for the ML intensity again

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to tomnev's comment:

I am glad to see aceves go....the team has tried very hard to change the attitudes in the lockerroom and though I cant say Ace is linked to any of our previous problems, he is a problem waiting to happen.....I would guess Lava is up just till they need the 5th starter and I would be very surprised if that starter isnt Webster for one more.....a) it gives the Sox another chance to see what they have and give Webster more experience and b) it gives Lackey one more AAA start to stretch out a little more and make sure he is ready for the ML intensity again

Lackey will pitch Sunday. They can't recall Webster again that soon.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I know there is  10 day rule, but I know that gets waived if someone goes on the DL and I also don;t know if since Webster was up based on the 26th man rule for Double headers if that gets him out of the 10 day rule also?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Salty/Aceves trade in the works?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Globe columnist Nick Cafardo tweets that the Red Sox will try to trade Alfredo Aceves:

https://twitter.com/nickcafardo/status/327235409044193281

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to soxnewmex's comment:

Salty/Aceves trade in the works?

Well, the teams with the worst catcher OPS so far are almost all contenders, although some are probably not catcher hunting...

30) Reds  .473

29) Rays  .539

28) Tigers .540

27) Phillies .577

26) D'backs .598

25) Marlins  .612

24) Orioles .631

23) Astros  .641

22) Royals  .663

21) Red Sox .673

20) Mariners .682

19) Brewers .700

18) Angels   .711

I doubt we trade Salty, but when we got Ross, I thought it was a possibility. Ross actually hits RHPs slightly better than LHPs, and Lava could hit vs LHPs and some righties.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I was wo0ndering why not a bullpen arm, but really there is no one left on the 40-man now that Bard is back up and Wright was just sent down.

I guess that is why no OF, either.  The only 2 on the 40-man not already in Boston are Bradley and Hassan.  And Hassan has been on the DL all season.

So the move was clearly to get rid of Aceves.  And the Sox had limited options for a counter move.  Either one of the catchers or Brock Holt...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Actually, they could place him on the DL for shooting himself in the foot.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Heres the latest...Lavarnway is just a place holder for a couple days.

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/04/24/source-red-sox-to-call-up-ryan-lavarnway/

They can trade Aceves, but unless they throw in something else, like another prospects I wouldnt expect much back besides, uh, "farm scraps" (sorry, but it fit this time).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to notin's comment:

I was wo0ndering why not a bullpen arm, but really there is no one left on the 40-man now that Bard is back up and Wright was just sent down.

I guess that is why no OF, either.  The only 2 on the 40-man not already in Boston are Bradley and Hassan.  And Hassan has been on the DL all season.

So the move was clearly to get rid of Aceves.  And the Sox had limited options for a counter move.  Either one of the catchers or Brock Holt...

exactly. Might as well get a hot hitting RHH in there if Vic is going to sit a game or 2 until Lackey gets here. No need to DFA anyone to make room for someone whos not on the 40-man for a few days.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to emp9's comment:

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

I wonder if the final straw was not only getting shelled Tuesday night but also complaining the offense didn't hit.

Does this guy really think he's that good? What a waste of a good uniform.Send him to HOUSTON.... Then he can really see his value.....

The more I think about it, I guess it's his attitude & what he said not so much performance ( or lack thereof). They're big boys they can handle what he said. It's more that they spent an entire offseason & 1/3 of last season trying to clean that negative slate. He's now the epitome of what the team does not want. Especially after last week. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

that picture is disturbing.

as for aceves....it's about time.  so tired of his antics.

whatever with "bill was right". 

rumor has it the sox are trying to track down mirabelli....hmmmm wonder why???!!!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Heres the latest...

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/04/25/john-farrell-decision-to-send-alfredo-aceves-to-minors-performance-based-solely/

25. This post has been removed.