Aceves or Bard?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Aceves or Bard?

Someone started a thread last night before a key decision demanding posters make a stance before 2nd guessing started.

Now?  Gotta be Aceves...confidence blah blah blah.  Gotta win.

Aceves.

You?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfanmoncton. Show redsoxfanmoncton's posts

Re: Aceves or Bard?

if up by 10 runs, put Bard in

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

....reason nbr 1,435,982 why Francona is close to being a HOF manager, and I'm me.

;-)

I stand my my view that Aceves was a better option for the 8th.  But that's just my view and I'm just some bloke on the internet...maybe that key inning will turn the corner for Bard.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Normally, I'd go Aceves, Bard, Paps for the 7/8/9.  Like Tito said, we might go far in the playoffs without Bard.

However, in tonight's game, I'd have gone with Paps for the 2-inning save.

So Tito brings in Bard and, as usual, Tito was proven right.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonSwanson. Show RonSwanson's posts

I think we've all been a bit spoiled by Bard. He's been so dominant since he was brought up that we take him for granted. If you throw out the win-loss record, which doesn't mean a whole lot for a setup man, he has had another great year. Clearly he has struggled recently, but he still needs to be pitching high pressure innings for us if we're going to do anything.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

In Response to Re: Aceves or Bard?:
    [QUOTE]....reason nbr 1,435,982 why Francona is close to being a HOF manager, and I'm me. ;-) I stand my my view that Aceves was a better option for the 8th.  But that's just my view and I'm just some bloke on the internet...maybe that key inning will turn the corner for Bard.
    Posted by SonicsMonksLyresVicars[/QUOTE]

Fine. Just don't be chronic and predictable in always thinking that Tito is wrong 100% of the time like several do on this forum. Color them trolls.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to Re: Aceves or Bard?:
    [QUOTE]....reason nbr 1,435,982 why Francona is close to being a HOF manager, and I'm me. ;-) I stand my my view that Aceves was a better option for the 8th.  But that's just my view and I'm just some bloke on the internet...maybe that key inning will turn the corner for Bard.
    Posted by SonicsMonksLyresVicars[/QUOTE]

Way to man up, SMLV. 

Andrewbitch take note. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Admittedly, I'm after the fact here. I was working at the time. But I swear on my parents' graves (ashes, actually) that I was calling for Bard in the 8th. We need him to have confidence in those situations or we're going nowhere in October.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

8 Ks for the last 9 outs...NICE!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

These things go in cycles, especiallly with itchers encountering difficulties.

But at some point, Tito will have to use Bard in a clutch situation.

Sooner the better so the fella can get his confidence back.

We are not looking at the second coming of Calvin Schiraldi....yet.

Sections
Shortcuts