Aceves punking out Valentine

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Aceves punking out Valentine

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=24422203&c_id=mlb

Seriously?  Aceves is treating Valentine with a complete lack of respect in front of the entire team and Bobby V just walks away.

This is getting ridiculous.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Aceves punking out Valentine

Apparently links don't work on this awesome new site here.

Fabulous.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

cut and paste and put in your browser to see links.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

I am much more concerned with what Aceves did on the mound last night.

Even having been a baseball player, a coach and a fan for over 50 years, I have certainly had never seen a guy throw to second base when the second baseman or shortstop was over 10 feet from the bag.   You can fake a throw to second and not get charged with a balk, so what was he doing throwing the ball to Pedroia?

He also threw the ball to first twice after faking to third when the runner was literally standing on the base.    Only bad things (bad throws) can happen in that situation which would have allowed the runner on third to easily score.

I will not even mention the botched foul pop up play because there is already another thread about it.

This is clearly a guy who has resorted to trying to do everything himself.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to charliedarling's comment:

I am much more concerned with what Aceves did on the mound last night.

Even having been a baseball player, a coach and a fan for over 50 years, I have certainly had never seen a guy throw to second base when the second baseman or shortstop was over 10 feet from the bag.   You can fake a throw to second and not get charged with a balk, so what was he doing throwing the ball to Pedroia?

He also threw the ball to first twice after faking to third when the runner was literally standing on the base.    Only bad things (bad throws) can happen in that situation which would have allowed the runner on third to easily score.

I will not even mention the botched foul pop up play because there is already another thread about it.

This is clearly a guy who has resorted to trying to do everything himself.

I agree.  He is also a guy who has no respect for the manager and mocks him openly in front of the team.  Someone needs to deal with this.  Apparently Bobby V doesn't know how.  

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:

Your threads are ridiculous. I always liked those old Yankee manager and player shouting matches, on their way to a championship.

Me too. The only thing is that Valentine ran away and didn't shout, and the Red are on their way to last place. Other than that you made some great points.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Valentine didn't run away, and I doubt you have the decibel recordings to factually claim he did or didn't "shout". You've simply added to a teenager soap opera thread of zero import.

[/QUOTE]

You are right.  He walked away quietly and was punked out in front of the team.  And looked like a fool.  Again.

No big thing. It's just what happens when Bobby V is in charge. Who cares?  Maybe today he will grovel around on his knees while the players spit tobacco juice on him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

snakeoil: To open link, highlight link, right click, select open link.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Bobby V needs to go before he ruins Aceves and everyone else on this team. I have to say right here that dannycater was right, Bobby should have been fired at the all star break. The guy that hired him needs to go too. If I were in Ben's shoes I'd bring up Arnie Beyeler and his staff as soon as they win the International League, and tell Bobby thanks, but let the door hit ya...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

but don't let the door hit ya...
    When are we getting edit back.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

It's tough to figure out what happened, but Valentine is the manager until he isn't.  I'd prefer to have Aceves than Valentine, but Aceves has to respect the manager and coaches.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

It seems pretty obvious that Valentine never gained the respect of his team.  It's one thing if the players didn't like him but respected him as their manager.  It's a completely different story when he doesn't command the respect from his players.

Valentine has needlessly thrown Aceves under the bus twice in the past couple of days, once with his comment about using Aceves as the closer because that's all he had and the other with his comment about Aceves being Aceves.  Aceves is not without fault in all of this, but as the manager, Valentine should not be dissing his players publicly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It looks to me like Aceves has some serious issues.  His behavior is becoming more and more bizarre.  I always liked the guy , but I think he is headed for some real trouble.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Aceves is following the same path he did w/ NY. Solid 1st season,  bad teammate in the 2nd one.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I remember Manny pulling the same crap to get his ticket out of town.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

There's no telling what Aceves et. al had to deal with from BV before he reacted. The slam in the press tells me he doesn't like him, and may have been doing/saying things to him for a while before that. I don't blame the players for their reactions to what seems to be an epidemic of bad behavior. And the press and fans just follow along until another player is sent out of town because they're a "problem".

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeftyGrove. Show LeftyGrove's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

It looks to me like Aceves has some serious issues.  His behavior is becoming more and more bizarre.  I always liked the guy , but I think he is headed for some real trouble.

Julian Tavares, reborn.??

Sections
Shortcuts