Aceves suspended

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Aceves suspended

In Response to Re: Aceves suspended:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aceves suspended : True...But if you  lose the season series, and I think you will, I might have to pass on a Kropotkin quote and come up with  something far more sinister...Maybe some year and a half old glowing John Henry quote about his commitment to turning Liverpool into a true EPL contender like it once was...Then again, maybe I will go easy on you after all...
    Posted by GreenPartyCelt[/QUOTE]I thought you wanted me to look up something by your bishop.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Maybe I will make you hoist some right wing quote from andrewmitch, dgale, softy or bill himself....Nah, even I am not that big of a jerk...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aceves suspended : They got two of the three best prospects from LA. They were going to pay Crawford not to play for the next 5 weeks so that is about 4 million right there. They are going pay for Gonzalez, Beckett, and Punto to play losing baseball. The just got a check from the Dodgers for 260 million.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]

+1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aceves suspended : The RS got away with murder on this trade.  They should have paid 12 mil on Becketts contract alone.   The RS just hit the "reset" button and get to start fresh.  This is he best FO maneuvering since the Jays found a way to dump Vernon Wells and Rios. The question now is, .. which way do they go.  Frankly, the FO would be hard pressed to do worse than Epstein did over the last three years.  Hey they might even land themselves a decent SS after all these years.  But we're still talking about the RS so don't get excited just yet.  
    Posted by heobrien[/QUOTE]

smiling and enjoyed this post
    thanks!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]If Big Papi takes the rest of the season off, as this article indicates is a distinct possibility, do not assume he will be back for more of the dysfunction in "Oh Henryville"...Some other team, including the Yanks, might very well offer him one more chance at winning another ring, as opposed to finishing out his days while John Henry tries to keep his financial Titanic afloat... http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/8303187/david-ortiz-boston-red-sox-lineup-achilles-flares-up
    Posted by GreenPartyCelt[/QUOTE]

yanks have their dh, and guys in waiting for that position

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aceves suspended : Well yeah, short a pitcher because he pouted and then screamed at the manager. This season isn't about winning games anymore.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

at least someone finally put their foot down with a player in boston. has that happened in the last... oh i dont know many years?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aceves suspended : yanks have their dh, and guys in waiting for that position
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]
    I guarantee you that not one baseball pundit has hinted at same, bredbru..But I still think the Yanks would love to get a real power LH bat, even with all that stuff about resting A-rod, Jete and company...I am probably wrong, but stranger things have happened..All I am really saying is that the Red Sox can not let Big Papi go..They need him more than ever now...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]This is long overdue but glad to see the Red Sox starting to show the players they don't run the team! Aceves has no leg to stand on he has been horrid as a closer and he throws a tantrum because he didn't get to close last night. I still like him for how he handled him self last season he was very unselfish and pitched in many different places starter pen ect but this kind of behavor needs to be handled accordingly.
    Posted by bosbruins2011cup[/QUOTE]

+1 on this whole post. i could have said the same thing. and its important!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I think the suspension is largely just for show, to indicate BV is in charge now; if not that there would be some other excuse; not a bad idea, BTW
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

i get and may agree with part 1 as a likely,
    but what does "if not that there would be some other excuse; not a bad idea, BTW"
    mean?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe I will make you hoist some right wing quote from andrewmitch, dgale, softy or bill himself....Nah, even I am not that big of a jerk...
    Posted by GreenPartyCelt[/QUOTE]I'm not posting any fox news talking points. That wasn't in the bet. Unless I can make fun of them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aceves suspended : Wow.  Some of the Sox "fans" give up really, really quick.  Make a mistake - get out of town. CS, Aviles?  Get your bags packed! Hey Mauro Gomez, nice game!!  4 for 5 ?! That might play in Pawtucket, but not here in Boston!! Get to steppin'!!
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

im with you. aceves having stones is fine.
    quick reprimand let him kno whwo runs the show and an atta boy for helping us with all hes got. back to middle and long relief.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aceves suspended : I'm not posting any fox news talking points. That wasn't in the bet. Unless I can make fun of them.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
    I guarantee I will not let you off THAT easy, monsieiur....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aceves suspended : I guarantee I will not let you off THAT easy, monsieiur....
    Posted by GreenPartyCelt[/QUOTE]All I'm saying is right wing talking points weren't in the bet. And we still haven't lost yet, so don't start gloating too early.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Haha...True..It ain't over 'til the Fat Owner sings....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to "Re: Aceves suspended": [QUOTE]The just got a check from the Dodgers for 260 million. They just got bill from the Dodgers and the White Sox. I'm talking about those Dodgers farm scraps, which represents the waste products of the farm classes they chose to promote to the MLB roster. Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE] Yes and who we will never see. I love how all the boneheads on this forum keep talking about prospects and the future while the reality is the only thing that matters is now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aceves suspended : i get and may agree with part 1 as a likely, but what does " if not that there would be some other excuse; not a bad idea, BTW" mean?
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

It means if it wasn't the Aceves incident, then they would have looked for another incident soon (to cause a suspension) to show Bobby's in charge

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

One wonders what was actually said by Ace. This guy has done what ever has been requested of him without selfishness. He wanted to be a started, they made him middle relief (2011) and he did a great job. he wanted to be a starter again in 2012, but they needed him to close, he did it with out any fan fare and did a decent job, even though this was not in his own best interest. Something really went wrong here. I don't think it was just Bailey getting the closer job back. I believe there is much more to this than meets the eye. Why would you suspend a guy who has done everything you asked of him? Why would you suspend a guy who really is upset over his job being taken away when he has done a decent job (far from perfect, but again it was outside his element)? I/we do know that he was very close to Agon. I am wondering if he was already upset about the trade and this change put him over the top.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Aceves will plug in somewhere next season.

Teams will line up to try and sign him up, he is durable and effective he will be able to pick and choose.

On a good team with a good pen he will be used less and even more effective.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]Aceves will plug in somewhere next season. Teams will line up to try and sign him up, he is durable and effective he will be able to pick and choose. On a good team with a good pen he will be used less and even more effective.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]Yes he will. He appears to be over his back issues. A closer he is not.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

[QUOTE]Aceves will plug in somewhere next season. Teams will line up to try and sign him up, he is durable and effective he will be able to pick and choose. On a good team with a good pen he will be used less and even more effective.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

Are the Sox releasing him? Think he has a couple of Arb years left.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aceves suspended : Are the Sox releasing him? Think he has a couple of Arb years left.
    Posted by Promise4you2[/QUOTE]

Looks like he's a free man at the end of the season.

Alfredo Aceves rhp
    1 year/$1.2M (2012)
    • 1 year/$1.2M (2012)
      • re-signed by Boston 2/5/12 (avoided arbitration, $1.6M-$0.9M)
      • performance bonuses: $25,000 each for 5, 10, 15, 20 starts or 55, 60, 65, 70 games
    • 1 year/$0.65M (2011)
      • signed by Boston as a free agent 2/9/11 (split contract, $0.2M in minors)
    • 1 year/$435,650 (2010)
      • re-signed by NY Yankees 3/12/10
      • non-tendered by NY Yankees 12/2/10
    • 1 year/$406,750 (2009)
      • re-signed by NY Yankees 2/09 ($90,000 in minors)
    • 1 year (2008)
      • contract purchased by NY Yankees 8/28/08
    • signed by NY Yankees 2/08 as a free agent from the Mexican League
    • agent: O’Connell Sports
    • ML service: 3.001

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aceves suspended : Looks like he's a free man at the end of the season. Alfredo Aceves rhp 1 year/$1.2M (2012) 1 year/$1.2M (2012) re-signed by Boston 2/5/12 (avoided arbitration, $1.6M-$0.9M) performance bonuses: $25,000 each for 5, 10, 15, 20 starts or 55, 60, 65, 70 games 1 year/$0.65M (2011) signed by Boston as a free agent 2/9/11 (split contract, $0.2M in minors) 1 year/$435,650 (2010) re-signed by NY Yankees 3/12/10 non-tendered by NY Yankees 12/2/10 1 year/$406,750 (2009) re-signed by NY Yankees 2/09 ($90,000 in minors) 1 year (2008) contract purchased by NY Yankees 8/28/08 signed by NY Yankees 2/08 as a free agent from the Mexican League agent: O’Connell Sports ML service: 3.001
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

Are you sure about that?
    From Baseball Prospectus

"There are two main groups of players who are eligible for salary arbitration. The first are free agents: players who are no longer under control of a club. Free agency is granted upon completion of six or more years of service time."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aceves suspended : Are you sure about that? From Baseball Prospectus "There are two main groups of players who are eligible for salary arbitration. The first are free agents: players who are no longer under control of a club. Free agency is granted upon completion of six or more years of service time."
    Posted by Promise4you2[/QUOTE]You're right promise, Aceves has 2 arb years left before he can be a free agent.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aceves suspended : You're right promise, Aceves has 2 arb years left before he can be a free agent.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

He excelled in the role he had last year. We should keep him and put him back in that kind of situation again.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aceves suspended : You're right promise, Aceves has 2 arb years left before he can be a free agent.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Carnie, what do you think the clown will have to say to this? Oh ya he is a Yankee fan trying to rub $$$$ in!