Aceves suspended

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

Re: Aceves suspended

In Response to Re: Aceves suspended:
    In Response to Re: Aceves suspended : You're right promise, Aceves has 2 arb years left before he can be a free agent.
    Posted by carnie

Guess I should post is part as well. Again From Baseball Prospectus

"The other players eligible for arbitration are the ones who have not yet accumulated the six years of service time necessary for free agency, but have been on the active roster of a major league club long enough to be eligible for salary arbitration. Under the current CBA these are players with less than six years of service time but at least three, and a handful of players with close to three years' service time."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to Re: Aceves suspended : C'mon, fess up. You really aren't a Red Sox fan are you? I don't think I've ever heard you say anything good about the Red Sox.
    Posted by carnie

Carnie, 

At this point I've Trotter blocked on ignore but I can't help reading his post above your comments to him. He does ocassionally have nice things to say, mostly about BillyGoat806 and not much else. They are best fair weather freinds. Bill of late has posted a few things worth reading but that's is rare as well so I've blocked him as well in an effort to just read folks who make sense whether or not I agree with them. 

As for what we recieved from the Dodgers, maybe we could have held out for more but the prospects recieved are reasonable considering the purpose of the trade was to free up the Red Sox from burdonsome financial obligations. But in his statement below TN is being his usual negative self. The Red Sox, THEO tried to build this team through high priced free agency, but who could forsee Crawford not working out. His record at Tampa Bay speaks for itself, but unfortunately it didn't work and the same can be said for Agon for different reasons. 

We are in an age of high priced Free Agency and if you want a Star most likely your team will over pay and if it works your FO looks great, if not they look like fools. Theo and I guess Trot is referring to Larry L tried at least. What Trot fails to see is yes maybe it cost them two mil but they just past 260mil in financial oobligation to the Dodgers. That in itself is a genius stroke although Trot won't see it that way. He is blinded by his own stubborness to see reality. 

Ownership washed their hands of the millions in mistakes from the two stooges. It cost them more than 12 million, over the last two years.

Hetch

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: Aceves suspended : Carnie, what do you think the clown will have to say to this? Oh ya he is a Yankee fan trying to rub $$$$ in!
    Posted by Promise4you2

I couldn't care less if Aceves stays with the Sox.

Nor do I hold a grudge because he pitched for us, I've always liked him wish him well wherever he lands.

But this is the site from where I retrieved the Aceves contract information that I posted.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/compensation/cots/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Aceves is apparently shocked that Bailey can close games.

Somebody probably should have told Aceves back in April "when Bailey returns - he WILL close games"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Aceves is apparently shocked that Bailey can close games. Somebody probably should have told Aceves back in April "when Bailey returns - he WILL close games"
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

Well I think it might have had something to do with the fact that Aceves is not a good closer.  Possibly.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I was out of town for a long Beach weekend and missed all the drama. But I fail to see how Aceves could have been that angry over not getting the call Friday night after throwing 37 pitches (while giving up five earned) the night before.

He's a fine pitcher and I hope we keep him ... as a set-up guy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Going into this season, Aceves had a career W/L record of 24-3. For those with 27+ decisions, I can't imagine anyone topping that. It's not a fluke; he's a very good pitcher, and was the prize find via the Yankee's Mexican scouting wing.

When he was a no-name, I went to a game (one of YS II's last) where he pitched a 1-0 shutout in the 2008 season.

Releasing him was one of Cashman's biggest mistakes; he's a great piece on a good pitching staff, as posted by others.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Going into this season, Aceves had a career W/L record of 24-3. For those with 27+ decisions, I can't imagine anyone topping that. It's not a fluke; he's a very good pitcher, and was the prize find via the Yankee's Mexican scouting wing. When he was a no-name, I went to a game (one of YS II's last) where he pitched a 1-0 shutout in the 2008 season. Releasing him was one of Cashman's biggest mistakes; he's a great piece on a good pitching staff, as posted by others.
    Posted by nhsteven

He is the prize of the Mexican signings to date.

Lefty 21 year old Manny Banuelos will be up one day.

Sections
Shortcuts