Aceves

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Aceves

Wheeler for whatever reason hasn't gotten on Tito's radar enough. He should be used in the situation that Albers was used in tonight. Often, he seems to come in with the game not in doubt. Not a good way to use a guy who has been effective every appearance since coming off the DL.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Tito took too long in realizing Hill. Now Wheeler has deserved a chance at more critical game situations, but Tito will stay true to those who are battle worn...at least until they get blown out of their fox holes.

I wonder if he sees some Oki in Wheeler.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

good point, I don't get it. Why would he have so little faith in Wheeler considering the guy has been on a very good streak of good to great appearances. Albers had already faltered last time out. You go to Wheeler for a 3 to 4 inn performance there if possible. He can be as effective as Aceves if thrown correctly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I think Wheeler moved up a notch tonight.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Too late for this game, though. Tito has a way to be predictable. It's like he throws the same guys in the same spots no matter what. He needs to change it up. Mix up guys instead of going right to Albers there. Wheeler, to me, was the perfect guy to go to in that situation.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Aceves:
    I think Wheeler moved up a notch tonight.
    Posted by moonslav59

Yup.

NY lost. Still a terrific race.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

What is truly terrific about the Sox is that when you look at the starting pitching, they have pretty much received a string of winnable starts from everyone--Wakefield, Lackey, Bedard, now Miller....You can't blame starting pitching on this team, it's been basically pretty good. Lackey has thrown better overall, not like he did earlier in the year.  He's keeping the RUNS AGAINST down, the most important statistic of them all. Earned, no earned, it's all about scoirng more than your opponent.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

What is truly terrific about the Sox is that when you look at the starting pitching, they have pretty much received a string of winnable starts from everyone--Wakefield, Lackey, Bedard, now Miller....You can't blame starting pitching on this team, it's been basically pretty good. Lackey has thrown better overall, not like he did earlier in the year.  He's keeping the RUNS AGAINST down, the most important statistic of them all. Earned, no earned, it's all about scoirng more than your opponent.
    Posted by dannycater

And the best way to accomplish this is to stop UR opponent.
    The starting pitching has been better (all year long) than people think.
    The road pitching numbers are the true ones.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I agree, harness. I don't think fans even comprehend that in previous seasons there were a good amount of some really horrific starts. Very few overall this season. The worst starts often still come out to just 5 runs scored against to the SP. To me you keep your team in the game if you can allow 4 or less, 5 is still serviceable.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

But, I would also say in defense of the offense, the team has been far less potent with the recent lineups and that's simply because of a lack of talent overall in those lineups due to injuries.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

That's why pitching is so incredibly important. Because hitting will slump.
    The chances of extended continuity from an entity that fails 60-70% of the
    time is nearly impossible.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

this guy is easy to sum up. Aceves = $$$$$$$! nuff said. Hi Kimmi! how can you be pike? very curious thing for someone to suggest.
    Posted by Hammah29r2

Hi Hammah! You have to wonder if those guys ever met a woman in their life. But, then again, they obviously don't get out much since they're always here. lol

And Aceves IS money. You always know when he's coming in it's going to be OK. That's says everything about a pitcher. :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Kim is not Pike. The contingent of Babe, Yazzer, and Mikey just want everyone to think so. Red Sox fans could make similar accusations that the above trio are also one poster but they don't play that game. Aceves and Miller - put a feather into Theo's hat. Funny to hear the concerns about overuse of the bullpen. Always something to worry about for the armchair managers instead of trying to enjoy the moment.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil

Yankee fans like to say that posters they don't like are the same person because it focuses attention on two posters they don't want on their board, and they hope it will catch on. lol

As for Sox fans not saying Yankee fans are the same poster, IMO, that's why they just get a free pass. I do play that game, if you want to call it that. And some are just glaringly obvious when you get Yankee fans coming back to the board, and then the board is suddenly filled with aliases no one really knows. Some people just need alot of backup, I guess.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Aceves : Bingo!!
    Posted by . />The-Babe<.

Can you two just stay off my threads with your crapola? Go bother the fans that love having you here. They enjoy your banter.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Aceves : He may be the piching version of ortiz
    Posted by small-package

I know my line about best pick-up ever may have seemed I meant ever, but I really just type like I'm talking and it's really just the way I speak. There have been many great pick-ups by the Sox. Ortiz has to be one of the best, if there is a list, for what he's meant to the team. IMO

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

That's why pitching is so incredibly important. Because hitting will slump. The chances of extended continuity from an entity that fails 60-70% of the time is nearly impossible.
    Posted by harness

Yes, no team hits well every game, every week, or even over longer timeframes. There is always ups and downs. 

Most are enhanced by facing good or bad pitching.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Kim, Ace was pretty much the same guy when he was with the Yanks, so effectively versatile, dependable and at times ultra-clutch, got derailed by injuries, while i held out hope the Yanks would let him work his way back, they couldn't agree on his deal, truth is..he still wasn't totally healthy at the time, so i can't fault the Yanks on that one, though i hoped he'd stay...i like Ace, it worked out for him.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In Response to Re: Aceves : Ummm...you can't just subtract those innings as they still count. It's like saying that if you subtract the games in which the other team has scored more runs then the red flops would have a perfect record.
    Posted by .. />TheBabe<..

Babe...

Bad example...

again if we stick to the premiss of the post...

Are they overworking Avceves? (My point)...

The 21 innings he logged as a starter in four appearances over three weeks is far different than say 21 innings logged as a reliever in 10-15 appearances over the same period of time, far less strain on the body, so when we look at his total innings pitched this year that has to factored into the equasion when discussing his work load...pretty simple. Innings alone aren't the end all when you look at the workload of a relief pitcher, number of appearances, how often the get up to ready themselves to pitch, days off between appearance and pitch counts are more crucial.

End of the day health, while a concern for pitching coaches, managers and the players themselves, managing a players workload isn't just about health, as much as it is about taking your best stuff out to the hill with you and being ready to compete when the managers calls your number...

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

That's why pitching is so incredibly important. Because hitting will slump. The chances of extended continuity from an entity that fails 60-70% of the time is nearly impossible.
    Posted by harness

Great point. The Baltimore Orioles of the early 1960s were the proof of that . Great pitching and defense and timely home runs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

n

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Kim, Ace was pretty much the same guy when he was with the Yanks, so effectively versatile, dependable and at times ultra-clutch, got derailed by injuries, while i held out hope the Yanks would let him work his way back, they couldn't agree on his deal, truth is..he still wasn't totally healthy at the time, so i can't fault the Yanks on that one, though i hoped he'd stay...i like Ace, it worked out for him.....
    Posted by jete02fan

Hey, Jete. I can't believe I have no memory of him as a Yankee. He's been so tremendous for the Sox that I'm so glad it didn't work out for him as a Yankee. I also tend to like "march to your own drummer" kind of guys. That's why I absolutely loved "The Idiots", whether they won the World Series or not. His number, honoring Dennis Rodman, pretty much puts him in that category. lol

Sections
Shortcuts