Aceves

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Re: Aceves

No way... What's wrong with him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

http://deadspin.com/5989728/massive-bench+clearing-brawl-erupts-at-mexico+canada-wbc-game?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

Anyone see Aceves get thrown down during the fight with Mexico and Canada?

Aceves and Manny would have been perfect mates :)  Never a dull moment with either of them

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

WBC living up to it's potential.  Promoting International friendship and good will.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DAVESTAPLETON86. Show DAVESTAPLETON86's posts

At least something interesting is happening.

Yeah espn just noticed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

America - the only thing standing inbetween the War for North American control. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

According to a tweet from Yahoo! baseball writer Jeff Passan, Canada coach Larry Walker had this to say about Alfredo Aceves: "I had a hold of him, and I thought I saw Satan in his eyes."

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan

Scroll down.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

Dear Canada, 

Thank you

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Aceves got his face kicked in. 

Unfortunately his head is like a bowling ball covered in skin.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

team Mexico being sore losers.   canada won the game and the brawl.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

@PeteAbe     RT @JeffPassan: Larry Walker on Alfredo Aceves: "I had a hold of him, and I thought I saw Satan in his eyes."     LOL...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Aceves has a little fire in his head and his belly. What do you want a staff filled with Jon Lester types or Buch's or Lackey's---guys that take 10 minutes to get a complete sentence out or someone with a little wit and spontanaity.

Give Aceves a little time to adjust to JF--your patience will be rewarded. In addition--next to Taz and Webster, Aceves probably has the best stuff on the team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Canada and Mexico fighting in America.   LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

WBC living up to it's potential.  Promoting International friendship and good will.

The WBC isn't about "Promoting International friendship and good will", it's (sic) about promoting baseball by creating competition among nations.  Do you truly not understand that, or are you just trying to be amusing?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to Flattiehater's comment:

This is the way Aceves is. His talent cannot make up for his constant drama and he doesn't fit into the new clubhouse dynamic that is being sought. He brings more chaos than he's worth and should be traded or released and I think it will happen. Three strikes you're out Alfredo.

I'm not with you on this, Flattie.  Maybe you are right and Aceves is an unmanageable basket case.  But for 3+ years through 2011 (age 28) he was great....but at age 29 he was poor.  Petulant child?  Unclear role?  Bad luck?  Worst "manager" ever?  Blah blah blah?

Are managers paid to manage the Ripkens, Yazes, Chippers, Pedroias and Jeters....or the young, infirmed, damaged, odd and eccentrics?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

WBC is a joke & ACEVES must go !!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

The WBC isn't about "Promoting International friendship and good will", it's (sic) about promoting baseball by creating competition among nations.  Do you truly not understand that, or are you just trying to be amusing?

Actually it was a joke , but typically snarky response from you.   It has come to be expected.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

WBC is a joke & ACEVES must go !!!!!!!

why? because the team he was playing for got into a fight?? he didn't start it and once it does start i can't hold anyone accountable. You've been in a scrum before right bill? so you should know what i am talking about. Especially if your teammates are involved.. Anyone making a big deal about this will immediately be disregarded as an overreacting olivia.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

LOL. gale

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

LOL. gale

Thanks , J.  Good to see someone has a sense of humor. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Aceves reminds me a lot of Julian Tavarez, although Aceves is probably better at this stage of his career than Tavarez was at the time he played for the Red Sox.  Both are flexible swing man with rubber arms that are useful to have on a staff, and both are tempermental and can explode at the drop of a baseball cap.  Julian did show a lighter side more often and was good for some laughs, but I'm not suggesting that Aceves start bowling the ball to first base.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

Aceves reminds me a lot of Julian Tavarez, although Aceves is probably better at this stage of his career than Tavarez was at the time he played for the Red Sox.  Both are flexible swing man with rubber arms that are useful to have on a staff, and both are tempermental and can explode at the drop of a baseball cap.  Julian did show a lighter side more often and was good for some laughs, but I'm not suggesting that Aceves start bowling the ball to first base.  

Julian Tavarez was the man! Loved him when he was with the Red Sox. I wish Aceves was as fun as him, maybe he wouldnt have as much crititism against him if he did.

idc how crazy or "fun" someone is. as long as they can play well... which Aceves can do.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

Julian Tavarez was the man! Loved him when he was with the Red Sox. I wish Aceves was as fun as him, maybe he wouldnt have as much crititism against him if he did.

idc how crazy or "fun" someone is. as long as they can play well... which Aceves can do.

But all other things being equal, meaning two players performing at the same level, I'll take the fun player over the humorless one.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I'm not sure that some of Alfredo's behavior could be classified as " fun."  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

In response to Flattiehater's comment:

This is the way Aceves is. His talent cannot make up for his constant drama and he doesn't fit into the new clubhouse dynamic that is being sought. He brings more chaos than he's worth and should be traded or released and I think it will happen. Three strikes you're out Alfredo.

Id rather have a guy that would fight as my brother than one that sits by the wayside. he can be on my team anyday!

Sections
Shortcuts