Aceves

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

Re: Aceves

In response to Bill-806's comment:

WBC is a joke & ACEVES must go !!!!!!!

Actually it would have been nice if you went down with the ship. I will keep Ace on my team, at least he is a fighter and does not give up!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Who says Ace is no fun? How many pitchers throw the ball back to the third baseman or first baseman, with something on it, to be sure they're ready and on their toes? I seem to remember him doing that last season before he had the run ins with V. I think he has a good time pitching and anyone that says he was a total failure as a closer last year I would take exception with. 

Also--he knows he's better than Bailey, everyone knows he's better than Bailey, and Bailey is getting paid twice what Aceves gets. If, Ace had a loaded incentive laden contract, that would allow him to make more than Bailey--he might be a different guy until he reached the total threshhold.

He is a guy that must be challenged at all times--my opinion.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Aceves really didn't do anything. He was thrown to the ground and got punched in the head by Adam Lowen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

Who says Ace is no fun? How many pitchers throw the ball back to the third baseman or first baseman, with something on it, to be sure they're ready and on their toes? I seem to remember him doing that last season before he had the run ins with V. I think he has a good time pitching and anyone that says he was a total failure as a closer last year I would take exception with. 

Also--he knows he's better than Bailey, everyone knows he's better than Bailey, and Bailey is getting paid twice what Aceves gets. If, Ace had a loaded incentive laden contract, that would allow him to make more than Bailey--he might be a different guy until he reached the total threshhold.

He is a guy that must be challenged at all times--my opinion.

he was challenged last season.. a close situation is ALWAYS a big challenge and he didn't step up..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

In response to Promise4you2's comment:

In response to Flattiehater's comment:

This is the way Aceves is. His talent cannot make up for his constant drama and he doesn't fit into the new clubhouse dynamic that is being sought. He brings more chaos than he's worth and should be traded or released and I think it will happen. Three strikes you're out Alfredo.

Id rather have a guy that would fight as my brother than one that sits by the wayside. he can be on my team anyday!

Yeaj, but do not fight with hockey players who use BB for entertainment only.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Let's keep this in mind. Last season , Aceves was 2-10 , with a 5.36 ERA.  He had 25 saves ,while blowing 8.  Not exactly great numbers. Watching him at his best , he looks to have dominant stuff. But it is hard to argue with the results. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

Aceves is Oil Can-esque, just not as good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Let's keep this in mind. Last season , Aceves was 2-10 , with a 5.36 ERA.  He had 25 saves ,while blowing 8.  Not exactly great numbers. Watching him at his best , he looks to have dominant stuff. But it is hard to argue with the results. 

that's why i put emphasis on "when used properly" last year proved he is NOT a closer. but as a middle/long relief man? he is one of the best as shown by the rest of his career.