Aceves

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Aceves

Please Ben, get Aceves out of town.  The guy is going to be a problem.  Last night it was pretty clear that he was just going through the motions.  Luckily, the Sox had a six run lead.  This team might actually have a chance to surprise this year but a guy like Aceves can cause a lot of problems in the clubhouse and on the field.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Re: Aceves

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

Please Ben, get Aceves out of town.  The guy is going to be a problem.  Last night it was pretty clear that he was just going through the motions.  Luckily, the Sox had a six run lead.  This team might actually have a chance to surprise this year but a guy like Aceves can cause a lot of problems in the clubhouse and on the field.

yeah

real easy to deal some one like that.

At this point I wouldn't care if they got a bucket of balls for him.  He is not reliable and he will be an attitude problem all year.  It started in spring training during his first live BP session and it will continue until he is gone.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Aceves is a guy that plays off his emotions and is no longer the go to guy for everything in Boston so I'm sure hes a bit unhappy with his role.  I think the guy can pitch well for anyone but "like Papi" he needs to be happy with everything around him to do so.

I agree, his career in Boston may be short lived!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Alfredo has a live arm and good stuff, but you never get the feeling that you can rely on him. I would not give him away , but I would consider any decent offer. We have Breslow and Morales on the way back. Not to mention Bard , Wilson and DeLaRosa.  It's always a gamble to deal away a guy with Aceves' ability, but I think his days in Boston are coming to an end.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I'm not ready to dump him just yet but if someone offers something of value for him please Ben do not hesitate.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Alfredo Aceves has a 2013 salary of $2.65 million coming off a season in which the righthander posted a 5.36 ERA in 84 innings.

Given his emotional issues, I doubt the Red Sox will find much of a market for the 30-year-old Aceves ... a live arm is not enough to survive at the MLB level.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from M1A2. Show M1A2's posts

Too early.  Salty was calling for nothing but fastballs last night leading up to the dinger.  Gotta mix in some breaking balls.  Farrell is the right manager to make this call.  I do agree Aceves has issues and may have to go.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

aceves is simply not that good...like bard a real live arm but a 2cent brain

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

And this is based on one bad inning?  Not for nothing, but some of you people are ill-equipped to deal with the vagaries of life.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

And this is based on one bad inning?  Not for nothing, but some of you people are ill-equipped to deal with the vagaries of life.

If you watched last year's run in with Pedroia in the dug out, the antics on the mound with being taken out of a game, reading about his tearing up the clubhouse after being replaced as closer, and his live BP farce this spring, you will know that this thread was not based on one bad inning.  The guy has to go for this team to be the best it can be with its current roster.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to M1A2's comment:

Too early.  Salty was calling for nothing but fastballs last night leading up to the dinger.  Gotta mix in some breaking balls.  Farrell is the right manager to make this call.  I do agree Aceves has issues and may have to go.

Thats because Ace kept shaking him off. he obviously didnt want to throw his offspeed stuff.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

Aceves is extremely wound too tightly. In the WBC, he created a whale of a mess when he provoked a fight against Canada. If you are a pitcher, chances are you can beat Canada, but you don't get in a fight with beaucoup hockey players who happen to be playing baseball.. He got whupped.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

So you watched him pitch one game, his first in 2013, on television, where he faced 4 (four) batters, 13 pitches (10 strikes) and you are ready to give up on him?

Brilliant.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to boboinfla's comment:

Aceves is extremely wound too tightly. In the WBC, he created a whale of a mess when he provoked a fight against Canada. If you are a pitcher, chances are you can beat Canada, but you don't get in a fight with beaucoup hockey players who happen to be playing baseball.. He got whupped.

he didn't provoke anything LOL! the benches cleared when he wasn't even on the field. then when he actually got onto the field a canadian player threw him to the ground and ran away!

that's actually the opposite of provoking a fight....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

So you watched him pitch one game, his first in 2013, on television, where he faced 4 (four) batters, 13 pitches (10 strikes) and you are ready to give up on him?

Brilliant.

No, I watched him last year, in spring trainingperson in person the other night.  He is an idiot and has to go.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

Brilliant.

You obviously missed the 2012 season and spring training this year! 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts