Aceves

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: Aceves

I guess we will all have to wait and see what happens with Lackey then how BenC and JF fix the rotation.

The other starting options other than Aceves and making a trade that are currently on the 40 man roster:

Britton (AA)

RDLR

Mort

Webster

Wright

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Aceves has nasty stuff. He can start, be the long guy, or close.

He thought Bobby V was an idiot and showed him up every time he could.

What's not to like?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Never trust a guy who was trained in the Yankees system to help the Red Sox win anything. I normally would take the contrarian position but in this case I fully concur with the concensus. I never wish anyone ill will so I hope they find a home for him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

I guess we will all have to wait and see what happens with Lackey then how BenC and JF fix the rotation.

The other starting options other than Aceves and making a trade that are currently on the 40 man roster:

Britton (AA)

RDLR

Mort

Webster

Wright

Um I'll take me some Webster if you don't mind!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Thanks to Lackey, Lester, Aceves and Mort the pen is well rested for the hot hitting O's. This may be a different series with the O's 3-3 after winning 2 of 3 in Tampa they lose 2 of 3 to the Twins at home. We'll see how real the Sox pen actually is and if Buch can have a second good outing.

I would suggest Webster get another outing or two before he's promoted. Not that I don't think he's talented enough--he's ready and would be welcomed in Boston--it would be great to see him blank another one or two teams and iron out anything he needs to then be promoted. Hopefully Lackey will be fine and just miss one or two turns.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Too early to think about getting rid of Aceves even tho his temperament is a risk.  Right now don't know if Lackey is going to be okay or if this is start of more problems for his rehabbed arm.  Dont know if I am only one, but despite being a big Bucky fan, I find myself holding my breath on every pitch - worried about his back.  All Im saying is we may need Aceves...at least until Bill's blockbuster trade.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Webster did well in his first AAA start.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Exactly!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to michaelsjr's comment:

Too early to think about getting rid of Aceves even tho his temperament is a risk.  Right now don't know if Lackey is going to be okay or if this is start of more problems for his rehabbed arm.  Dont know if I am only one, but despite being a big Bucky fan, I find myself holding my breath on every pitch - worried about his back.  All Im saying is we may need Aceves...at least until Bill's blockbuster trade.

Agree with you.  I feel bad for Lackey and we don't know if he will be much help for the remainder of the season.  I was really looking forward to having him pitch this season and was very optimistic about his contributions this year.  Aceves is a very good pitcher and we currently still need him. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

In response to michaelsjr's comment:

Agree with you.  I feel bad for Lackey and we don't know if he will be much help for the remainder of the season.  I was really looking forward to having him pitch this season and was very optimistic about his contributions this year.  Aceves is a very good pitcher and we currently still need him. 

He's getting a second opinion, but it appears that Lackey isn't going to miss too much time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

He's also not on the 40 man roster.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Yes he is on the 40 man roster.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Yes he is on the 40 man roster.   

You're right. My mistake.

Sections
Shortcuts