add me to GORDON EDES+JOHN TOMASE who believe sox should be HONORED that ortiz only wants a reasonable 1-year extension!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

add me to GORDON EDES+JOHN TOMASE who believe sox should be HONORED that ortiz only wants a reasonable 1-year extension!

to me, ortiz is the one being fair here. sox should sign this yesterday. what a deal and bargain. do u know how much ortiz has contributed to the value of the red sox and mr. henry's portfolio? he is the red sox. they had no prob taking care of good ole boy schilling and right fully so. talkin a one year 12m parting gift. so what, give the man a 16m deal. to b cautious, mandate ABs for this year that will automatcially vest him for next year with other incentives. give me a break. he's the one exception. has tom brady had to beg for a contract? can argue he has too many years..

whining about ortiz when brady is signed thru age 40. which position is more taxing? its unbecoming for papi to have to beg and grovel like this. 3 rings for a mr. boston? talkin risking overpaying for one year.. gimme a freakin break and these romny type bean counting robots out of there. add in a services portion to his deal... whether on or off the field, ortiz means box office to the sawx. heck, have him talk to recruits in the dominican. again, y is this even an issue.. PAY DA MAN and be honored he's asking for a discount and not lookin to test free agency and leave! this is a perfect marriage of city, team and playa.. jeez!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tripleb2066. Show tripleb2066's posts

Re: add me to GORDON EDES+JOHN TOMASE who believe sox should be HONORED that ortiz only wants a reasonable 1-year extension!

Yup.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

Re: add me to GORDON EDES+JOHN TOMASE who believe sox should be HONORED that ortiz only wants a reasonable 1-year extension!

In response to tripleb2066's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yup.

[/QUOTE]

add mike salk as well

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

to me, ortiz is the one being fair here. sox should sign this yesterday. what a deal and bargain. do u know how much ortiz has contributed to the value of the red sox and mr. henry's portfolio? he is the red sox. they had no prob taking care of good ole boy schilling and right fully so. talkin a one year 12m parting gift. so what, give the man a 16m deal. to b cautious, mandate ABs for this year that will automatcially vest him for next year with other incentives. give me a break. he's the one exception. has tom brady had to beg for a contract? can argue he has too many years..

whining about ortiz when brady is signed thru age 40. which position is more taxing? its unbecoming for papi to have to beg and grovel like this. 3 rings for a mr. boston? talkin risking overpaying for one year.. gimme a freakin break and these romny type bean counting robots out of there. add in a services portion to his deal... whether on or off the field, ortiz means box office to the sawx. heck, have him talk to recruits in the dominican. again, y is this even an issue.. PAY DA MAN and be honored he's asking for a discount and not lookin to test free agency and leave! this is a perfect marriage of city, team and playa.. jeez!

[/QUOTE]

Brady is making nine million a year and restructured his contract to take less so the pat's could sign welker.

Ortiz has not groveled and a few comments to the press now has henry on his knees.

Ortiz has many working for him doing the math.  If he thought he could get more as a FA he would.  Those words of him going elsewhere came out of his mouth too easily.

Don't forget there were ten other guys on the field for those ws.

Larry Luchino dropped a bomb today saying that baseball is a young man's game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

If Ortiz is on PEDs (I think he is), then the concern would be that he would stop taking the PEDs after he gets a contract and his production would drop dramamtically. 

And if he's not on PEDs... in 2012, Ortiz played 1/2 a season.  Can Ortiz's body hold up after playing a long 2013 season?  What are the chances that Ortiz gets hurt in 2014 and doesn't come back to middle of 2015 or even then? 

I would sign him to a one year option with a big pay day.  Play well this year and he gets even more money next year.  I like Papi, but I think he needs an incentive  to perform.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Ortiz is on PEDs (I think he is), then the concern would be that he would stop taking the PEDs after he gets a contract and his production would drop dramamtically. 

And if he's not on PEDs... in 2012, Ortiz played 1/2 a season.  Can Ortiz's body hold up after playing a long 2013 season?  What are the chances that Ortiz gets hurt in 2014 and doesn't come back to middle of 2015 or even then? 

I would sign him to a one year option with a big pay day.  Play well this year and he gets even more money next year.  I like Papi, but I think he needs an incentive  to perform.

[/QUOTE]

I don't want to get into the ped discussion.  But if ortiz did go to free agency, the achilles would still be on the mind of any team in the situation to sign him.