Add Rich Hill to the List

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Add Rich Hill to the List

Red Sox, Rich Hill Agree To Minor League Deal By  Steve Adams [January 31 at 3:45pm CST]

The Red Sox and lefty Rich Hill have agreed to a minor league deal that will pay Hill $840K should he make the Major League roster, according to Joel Sherman of the New York Post (on Twitter). The ACES client also has another $500K worth of appearance-based incentives built into his deal as well as a pair of opt-out clauses, which fall on May 15 and June 30. The soon-to-be 34-year-old can become a free agent on either of those dates if he is not on Boston's 25-man roster.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Add Rich Hill to the List

I like all the depth moves. Rich Hill is a good option as a Lefty reliever should Breslow or Miller fade. He was a pretty good pitcher for the Sox a 2-3 years ago.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Good. I like Hill, the guy deserves a break. Hope he makes the team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Nice depth signing.  I'd like Bailey on the same contract, but with maybe a later opt-out date.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

It appears Ben is attempting to overturn all prior baseball knowledge by demonstrating that, yes, sometimes you can have enough pitching.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from HankukSox. Show HankukSox's posts

Jeez. I thought he had retired. (I know I know it's just him being underground on some team) Maybe being on the other side of the world, I miss out. I can scout any Korean players you want though. :D

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]Red Sox, Rich Hill Agree To Minor League Deal By  Steve Adams [January 31 at 3:45pm CST]

The Red Sox and lefty Rich Hill have agreed to a minor league deal that will pay Hill $840K should he make the Major League roster, according to Joel Sherman of the New York Post (on Twitter). The ACES client also has another $500K worth of appearance-based incentives built into his deal as well as a pair of opt-out clauses, which fall on May 15 and June 30. The soon-to-be 34-year-old can become a free agent on either of those dates if he is not on Boston's 25-man roster.

[/QUOTE]

Solid signing with little downside for the club at a minimum he'll serve the need for arms in the spring and then if healthy, organizational depth early on. During camp or once the season begins, If he's putting up zero's and there's no room on the 25 man roster. If another MLB team has interest in his services and will give him a spot on thier ML roster. The Sox likely would work out a deal with the interested party to allow him to pitch in the big leagues. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1 23h

#Redsox signed LHR Rich Hill to minor lge deal. $840K in MLB. $500K in app bonuses. If not on MLB roster on 5/15, 6/30 can opt out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

If J-Bay likes him, I'm all in. He's my advanced Scout.

Sections
Shortcuts