Addition by Subtraction .........

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Re: Addition by Subtraction .........

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Do your posts get better when you reach 14,000 ?

It ain't the meat, it's the motion

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Ben & J F won't admit it, but with Drew & Papi down, gives more opportunity to a younger faster team.....  IE: Iggy, Jackie Bradley and increased speed & flexibility from the D H position,,,,,,,,

It does give them the opportunity that you speak of but I will GAURANTEE that Bradley will not be up with the club when camp breaks.  If he plays just a few weeks in the minors it will save us a year before he goes to FA.  I know a lot of people discount that HOWEVER...it's not that long.  A month now could save us an entire season later on.

As for Iggy....I think if Drew is still hurting then you will see Iggy there in some capacity. Probably backing Ciriaco since I am sure he will win the 4th infielder job since his Spring has been solid. 

See Bill.......keep it baseball related and I can play nice :-)  (now stop starting 387 threads on the same stuff!!  ;-) )

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

another bradley thread...real smart Bill.

Not.

Nice Avatar. Who is the guy on the right?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Ben & J F won't admit it, but with Drew & Papi down, gives more opportunity to a younger faster team.....  IE: Iggy, Jackie Bradley and increased speed & flexibility from the D H position,,,,,,,,

You hate to root for a long-term injury but face it, it's the only way these guys will get an opportunity to prove what they can do. This should be Iggy's 2nd year as the starting SS, and it's clear that Bradley is ready now. Moving Ellsbury at the TD make be the ticket.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

The Devine god given eye to inherently know that what you think is true must be true.

Wish I could be like that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

BILL, your posts always attract sarcastic responses from posters who do not have ypur outstanding insight into what is worthy of discussion.

Why is that?

I think the ownwership should look at getting younger, hungrier and faster.

I do not see why this is comment provokes sarcastic responses.

You know I always read your opinions and look forward to many more.

I always consider you one of the more entertaining posters....and that's what I come here for.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

Speed is always good and something Ortiz has never had.

Let's get an entire line up of base stealers and see how that works.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

BILL, your posts always attract sarcastic responses from posters who do not have ypur outstanding insight into what is worthy of discussion.

Why is that?

I always consider you one of the more entertaining posters....and that's what I come here for.

After 10,000 post you REALLY do not understand?  BTW.....Ten Years After rocked.....

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

It works in Tampa but you also need damn good pitching.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

What will work is anyone runs the bases better then Ortiz.  I am over 50 and make it around faster then he did when he was healthy.

Yup. anyone can hit and get on base.

The real talent is running....

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Great rationale -- a lineup is better when you take a guy with .900-plus OPS with 30-HR power and replace him with players who have a .700 and little power simly because sometimes you can put a 

, DH after his name sometimes and other times its

, 1B or

, LF et.

Ridiculous.

This whole idea about it's better to rotate lesser bats in the lineup at various positions and DH is better than having a 30-HR, 100-RBI bat in the lineup is pathetic. The reason more teams don't have a player like that isn't because they don't want one, it's because they're not out there.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

Why is that?

After 10,000 post you REALLY do not understand?  BTW.....Ten Years After rocked.....

What I understand is that BILL has been a great person to talk with about baseball. He has a unique sense of humor that I "get" and many of you don't. I occasionally use humor that some posters take as a serious post, too, and I know it's hard sometimes to tell when a person is kidding.

He does not come here to "bait" Yankee fans, he does stray from baseball talk occasionally , but who doesn't?...I have been as guilty of that as the next guy. His opinions are colorful, but not unrealistic or inane. some posters change names frequently and many like to pick fights or criticize. BILL is not like that, nor does he act like a "know it all."  I have learned to "back off" of posters that rub me the wrong way, and I think maybe it's better to ignore someone rather than just responding with sarcasm or argumentive responses.

Mainly , I have looked forward to reading his material , as he makes me laugh many days, and we all need a good laugh as often as possible in today's world.

BILL, keep up the good work!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts