Addition By Subtraction

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

Addition By Subtraction

Hmmm. Why are we hearing about the injuries being a concern with the starting rotation. So let me get this straight. After our victory tonight (up 1 in the ninth) we are playing our best baseball to date, will be in 2nd place in the division, and our 2 WORST pitchers are off the team. 

They were a combined 76 inn pitched, 85 hits, and 59 earned runs!!!! 

We are a much better team now. I don't care who you bring in. Let's use that same limo we used for Mirabelli to get him in the ballpark. NOW.

Let's go Paps , close it out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Re: Addition By Subtraction

Hold on there cowboy.  The replacements actually COULD be worse.  Especially if one of them is named Millwood.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Addition by subtraction is mathematically impossible.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

Well not him. You are right. He is dog food. I am looking for Dubrount and Aceves. Dubrount just got the go ahead for rehab. 

Wake starts just once, maybe twice, until Felix gets here. There is my arm chair managing in a nutshell!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

In Response to Re: Addition By Subtraction:
    Addition by subtraction is mathematically impossible.
    Posted by LloydDobler

That's why it's a phrase used in non-mathematical situations. Are you being serious? lol I am not sure the forum has enough server space to explain it if you are not.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

The only thing I worry about with wake and aceves is how many innings can they go. That bullpen has taken a beating already and we NEED the starters to start going at least 7.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

It could work out great, as long as Doubront and Aceves can avoid injury.  Unfortunately, they both have a spotty record in that regard.  But when healthy, they are both far better than Millwood, IMO.  And they ought to do better than Lackey and Dice-K have been doing the last 2 or 3 times through the rotation.  As you say, this could actually be good for the team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Addition by subtraction is mathematically impossible..

Then that means no subtraction by addition as well, right?

I was beginning to worry...

Tongue out

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

There's plenty division around here...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattb5fon. Show mattb5fon's posts

Time to get pedro out from under the mango tree

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

There's plenty division around here...

but those jumping back on the wagon are multiplying.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

I am not sure there is a bandwagon right now. in my eyes there is only one gauge of the bandwagon fan. What team gear did you have in your closet from birth to 2003? The answer to that question calls out the REAL bandwagoneers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

6 minus -6 = 12

Is this addition by subtraction??

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-yazzer. Show the-yazzer's posts

addition by subtraction makes perfect sense when you're referring to quality.
    example: subtract the rust from a car and you add to it's value.
    subtract 2 overpaid bums from your baseball team and you add to the improvement of the team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Addition By Subtraction:
    In Response to Re: Addition By Subtraction : That's why it's a phrase used in non-mathematical situations. Are you being serious? lol I am not sure the forum has enough server space to explain it if you are not.
    Posted by MuellerTime19

Nah, I was being a wiseass. I keep forgetting it's hard to tell sometimes in writing.

Sections
Shortcuts