Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales

In Response to Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales:
    [QUOTE]He's a good hitter but I never did get the "he's LH Manny" comparison.  He's not in Manny league. Right now, I see him as a Billy Muellar less the dirtdog mentality........ The big concern has to be his shoulder.  Yeah, the claim is pitchers aren't giving him balls to turn on.  I ain't buying it.  Are you telling me that for the last several years pitchers in the NL had a different approach to him?
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Go troll elsewhere please.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales :  Jose was twice an All-Star. In his first year in Boston, he led the LEAGUE in triples, A-Gon will never do that. He had 56 extra base-hits, about the same pace Adrian is on. That being said, do I think they are comparable, no. I just wanted to call attention to his production, his spot in the line-up and suggest an alternative. On this thread he's been given a pass for all sorts of reasons, the pitchers, the line-up, the weather, the schedule, the moon phases and the tides. He's been moved from the 4 spot because he wasn't producing and some genius points out he's not a cleanup hitter! Another koolaid lip tinged disciple points out he's leading the team in RBI's! AND? If he wins sthe Silver Slugger award, I wonder if it will be like Adrian, teflon coated.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE]

Sorry, have to disagree with you on this one. In no world would I compare Gonzo to Offerman in any way. The only thing Gonzo hasnt done yet is hit a few dingers. Hes stroked the ball lately and that ball off the right side of the monster last night was great to see. Gonzo will hit over 30 HR so honestly Im still not sure why your so upste and want to resort to name calling ie "koolaid lip tinged disciple"...No its called optimistic and knowing the game and the player in questions career and realizing theres no need to worry. You, on the othere hand......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales :  Jose was twice an All-Star. In his first year in Boston, he led the LEAGUE in triples, A-Gon will never do that. He had 56 extra base-hits, about the same pace Adrian is on. That being said, do I think they are comparable, no. I just wanted to call attention to his production, his spot in the line-up and suggest an alternative. On this thread he's been given a pass for all sorts of reasons, the pitchers, the line-up, the weather, the schedule, the moon phases and the tides. He's been moved from the 4 spot because he wasn't producing and some genius points out he's not a cleanup hitter! Another koolaid lip tinged disciple points out he's leading the team in RBI's! AND? If he wins sthe Silver Slugger award, I wonder if it will be like Adrian, teflon coated.

Comparing a career .273 hitter with a career slg. of.373 who hit all of 57 hr's in his 15 years of MLB, to Gonzo in any way is ridiculous IMHO...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales :  LOL Jim! Yeah, my wife uses the  "really-really" all the time. Not sure what you mean by moving the goal post. I put some comments out there, as did you. I tried to defend my positions, and questioned some of yours. Hopefully I didn't mis-quote you, the main premise was to notice that his first month with Sox is the same as Offerman's. Is there a reason why? I think there is, mainly, he's not fully recovered from his surgery, But, have you seen that premise anywhere else? I haven't.  While I'm writing this the guys on Baseball tonight just mentioned Gonzalez, and "...if they can get him going" Will he better, yes, but when?

Gonzo isnt even off to a slow start. hes hitting the ball well. So what if hes having a slow start as far as Homeruns go. Im not sure why your so concerned about a guy who throughout his career has proven he can and probably will hit 30+ HR.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]Many of his homeruns in San Diego over the years were rocketed line drives that cleared the wall. Despite the wall being much closer at Fenway, the height of the monster would render even those rockets to left field doubles or even singles. So, even if he starts hitting exactly the way he did in San Diego, he still will have lower HR totals. His OBP and slugging % should still be very healthy, good numbers for a #3. Just look at some of the numbers of #3s around the league. Michael Young has been scorching, and he only has 1 HR. If AGon can have numbers like Young, I'd be ecstatic. What about Marlon Byrd, Aubrey Huff, Howie Kendrick/Torii Hunter, and others? They ahve all been #3 in the order extensively, and Gonzalez is having a better season so far than any of them. However, I would take Andre Ethier's stats as a #3 over AGon certainly.
    Posted by bigpanther98[/QUOTE]

I looked at his hit chart and 14+out at Petco wouldve been HR in fenway. I thionk the wall will take away, but it will give him a few too..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales :  It's almost like I saw Eck's crib notes, A-Gon hits one off the wall, clearing the bases, and Eck says; "That's what we've been waiting for!" When I ask Jim, what was Eck talking about? Jim says the power! My point exactly! So Jim inadvertently agrees with me, but calls me a "whack job". I flat out said that they (Offerman and Gonzalez) are not the same players, but rather that A-Gon is hitting LIKE Jose. When I post Jose's numbers for April, which are virtually the same as Adrian's, I'm told I'm "cherry picking" his stats!  I understand the psyche of Red Sox Nation is a little bruised right now, what with all the pre-season fawning and predictions, but  don't lose your ability to have a rational discussion. Perhaps so much is emotionally invested, not to mention dollars and prospects into A-Gon, that he is so brightly luminated by his brilliance that mere mortals may not cast an eye or opinion on him. Say, what about that Carl Crawford guy, anyone notice he's hitting like Otis Nixon?

I'm part of "Bruised" Red Sox Nation?  Hardly.  I am just realistic and not a dik.  At first I thought you must be joking around.  Now I just think you are an az zhole.  You "cherry pick" in that you don't look at the totality of the career and realize that to compare the two players makes you sound more ignorant than anyone else on the forum, and that includes baseball DR and Softy.  So, while I enjoy the games every night and will enjoy this season no matter the outcome, I have no desire to go back and forth with someone who does not understand the very basics about how players perform and why they do what they do.  If you think that there is any comparison between a journeyman and one of the best players in the game whether he is hitting homeruns or not tells me all I have to know about you.  Keep sleeping, there is no reason to wake you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales : Comparing a career .273 hitter with a career slg. of.373 who hit all of 57 hr's in his 15 years of MLB, to Gonzo in any way is ridiculous IMHO...
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

Of course it is ridiculous.  He is trying to be provocative.  All he is doing is showing his ignorance.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales : Of course it is ridiculous.  He is trying to be provocative.  All he is doing is showing his ignorance.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

The things people wil post just to get some thread traffic. You'd think they were going to be paid by the post.

It never ceases to amaze me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales : The things people wil post just to get some thread traffic. You'd think they were going to be paid by the post. It never ceases to amaze me.
    Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]

actually niz, I read on one thread here that some ARE being paid to post here.. Not saying its true, but it has been mentioned here recently.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I am quite happy with Adrian's power thus far.  He has been knocking the ball around the park and his swing looks great.  Being that he is locked in, and he has never been short on HRs in his career, I am quite confident that he's going to start knockin' out the park with frequency soon.  To assume he won't based on April and not factoring in anything else (like his short ST, new pitchers, or God forbid ... HIS CAREER NORMS) is pretty myopic.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

This is why Youkillus wants AGon to be given a day off.  Here is a quote from last night's notes:

Gonzalez has hit safely in 15 of the last 16 games at 24 of 68 and has 18 RBIs on the season. It's not a big deal that he hasn't had a home run in 93 at-bats. But is certainly is weird. Bet when he hits his next one, a bunch will follow. That's usually how it works.

You don't sit a guy down for rest because he is not producing, because he is.  You give him a day if you think he needs it for health or performance.  Youk must not remember that Agon had limited Spring Training.  I think he is rounding into hitting form quite nicely.  But what do I know?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

The guy has been an amazing hitter for years.  The fact that the author of this thread would take a month out of his career and put that up as proof that AGon doesn't have power shows his ignorance.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]I am quite happy with Adrian's power thus far.  He has been knocking the ball around the park and his swing looks great.  Being that he is locked in, and he has never been short on HRs in his career, I am quite confident that he's going to start knockin' out the park with frequency soon.  To assume he won't based on April and not factoring in anything else (like his short ST, new pitchers, or God forbid ... HIS CAREER NORMS) is pretty myopic.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Exactly!  Youkillus doesn't get that for some reason.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Also Agon is projected for 104 RBI's at this point even with the lack of power.  How many times did Offerman drive in 100?  I can't remember.

I haven't been on this board in a long long time but it's still the same.  Earlier in the thread I saw Andrewmitch compare Agon to Bill Mueller.

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.  Oh my sides.  You couldn't make this stuff up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Offerman???  I take it this guy YouKillUS20 is simply a moron, and has picked out an old RS player from his @$$????  Do you think he even gets the FACT that this comparison is a complete non sequitur?????? 

NO biggy!!!!  It should be fun watching this idiot eat those words, which he already CLEARLY deserves to do....

I forgot!!!!!  FACTS, STATS, EMPIRICAL DATA don't matter to a guy like YOUKILLUS20.......

Is it true that baseballGM is his dad???????

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dangerfeld. Show Dangerfeld's posts

How many HRs did Ortiz have last April? How many HRs does Jeter and Swisher have in April of this year. The OP is intended to be ridiculous in order to draw responses and it worked. Kudos to the troll of the day.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I also hear that YOUKILLUS20 compared the way President Reagan governed to President Franklin Pierce??????

Huh????  Yeh!  That was my response too.........  :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

those who have said that they expect Gonzo to hit .300 should reset their expectations.  he's a career .280 guy.  again, he's leading the team in hitting and RBI, what is there to complain about really? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Maybe he needs a day off because his rbi was only a single.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Since the first two times I said it, and it didn't sink in to Jimbos melon, let's try it a third time for charity...I don't think they are similar players. They did have similar numbers in their respective first Aprils with the Sox. That's a fact. What's telling too is that according to Jim, I'm "Ignorant, an Azz, and by extension a dik." Jim, you're violating BDC policy, and showed your own ignorance using words like irrelovent, gotten and arguement. I'm actually looking forward to the time when A-Gon has gotten his power back, making the comparison irrelovent, and the arguement moot.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcernTroll. Show ConcernTroll's posts

Youkillus, I read that post earlier that you were going to the town square and drop your pants to get attention. Were you there today? This thread is obviously an attempt at being noticed. You are a sad man.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE] Since the first two times I said it, and it didn't sink in to Jimbos melon, let's try it a third time for charity...I don't think they are similar players. They did have similar numbers in their respective first Aprils with the Sox. That's a fact. What's telling too is that according to Jim, I'm "Ignorant, an Azz, and by extension a dik." Jim, you're violating BDC policy, and showed your own ignorance using words like irrelovent, gotten and arguement. I'm actually looking forward to the time when A-Gon has gotten his power back, making the comparison irrelovent , and the arguement moot.

And i'll try for the 3rd time to tell you that first Aprils with the Sox means nothing without the perspective of each player's track record.  Spin and whine if you want but it doesn't change a thing.  Maybe a day off would have been good today.  Oh, wait.  I said put him in the lineup and leave him alone...which is exactly what Tito has done.  Face!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

The comparison was already irrelevant. You are the only one who doesn't get it.  You are alone in your position because everyone  but you realized that the guy was locked in.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

[QUOTE]Youkillus, I read that post earlier that you were going to the town square and drop your pants to get attention. Were you there today? This thread is obviously an attempt at being noticed. You are a sad man.
    Posted by ConcernTroll[/QUOTE]
     And you are a Rhodes scholar. Can't wait to review your discertation on public indecency. Vulgarian.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from glumandrew. Show glumandrew's posts

This Youk is an obvious troll. add him to your ignore list.

Sections
Shortcuts