Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales

In Response to Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales:
    You guys are going back and forth stroking each other with this ridiculousness.  I read the b!tching and moaning in every post/thread.  Christ, when do you guys get enough of the negativity.  Gonzales hits over .300 in April when EVERYONE else is struggling and you still complain.  Is this how it is all summer for you?  Is this how you were in 2007, too?
    Posted by jimdavis

Jim, you're off the chain tonite! Hitting .300 is not enough, I expect him to do that. If his injury is keeping his power down, how long can he stay where he is, or when does he get a day off? These are legitimate questions, your attitude, now that's ridiculous.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Natick-Ned. Show Natick-Ned's posts

In Response to Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales:
     Up to now he's been underwhelming his reputation. He was supposed to spray balls all over Fenway, especially LF. He's the worst cleanup hitter in the ALE, NLE or heck MLB. If he's going to hit like OFFER-MAN, why did they make him such a big Offer, man? His line shows that he's still recovering from surgery, he getting no lift on his hits, and because he makes decent contact he'll get his hits, until he starts showing some pop, don't you think he should be dropped? Here is his Fenway hit chart: http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/player/adrian-gonzalez/hitchart/139851  As a four or five hitter he really offers no protection, and should be placed where singles and doubles guys bat.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20

Classic overstatement. What is your need to be so critical in overdrive? Of course we expect more power from Gonzo. Is it your fetish to start OPs that are controversial and draw posts? Why not be patient and act like areal loyal fan? If you desire attention go to the town square at noon hour and drop your pants.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Thank god the Sox have more patience than you do.  The guy is getting comfortable and still performing.  What you "expect" is irrelovent.  As long as the middle of the order guys are getting hits and getting on base, there is no need for a day off.  iF he gave him a day off, the Tito haters would whine about giving days off for a player batting over .300.  you are all worked up for nothing.  Does Pedroia need a day off?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales : Classic overstatement. What is your need to be so critical in overdrive? Of course we expect more power from Gonzo. Is it your fetish to start OPs that are controversial and draw posts? Why not be patient and act like areal loyal fan? If you desire attention go to the town square at noon hour and drop your pants.
    Posted by Natick-Ned

NayNay do you mean to say I'm critical in overdrive? Or my criticism is in overdrive? how does one act like areal loyal fan anyways? Or did you try to type "a real" fan? By the way Grumpy Jim says your expectations are irrelevant. I posted a comment about A-Gon's relative slow start, meanwhile I was at work all day, and the idle classes came out like homeless to a handout, pushing the activity on the thread up the dial. Your drop the pants comment is well, kind of clown creepy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

The commercial break gave notice that for every HR A-Gon hits, $1000.00 goes to Habitat for Humanity, that'll be one small house.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Offerman was awful.... Adrian G is not!  He will (as I stated in the spring) hit more doubles than homers.  35 homers and 50 doubles along with a solid batting average and 110+ ribbies....  year in and year out.... count on it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Offerman was awful.... Adrian G is not!  He will (as I stated in the spring) hit more doubles than homers.  35 homers and 50 doubles along with a solid batting average and 110+ ribbies....  year in and year out.... count on it.
    Posted by BurritoT

Makes sense Burrito, but what about the shoulder? Heck Eckersly hit 3 HR for the Cubs in about the same PA's as Adrian has in 2011.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Well time will tell - but I would not bet a dime against AG long-term.... unwise to do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Maybe Gonzales should have gotten the day off.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Maybe Gonzales should have gotten the day off.
    Posted by jimdavis

Eckersly: "This is what we've been waiting for", What is he talking about Jim?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales :  Eckersly: "This is what we've been waiting for", What is he talking about Jim?
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20

He was talking about the power, which we all said would come.  You, on the other hand want a .300 + hitter out of the lineup.  Sorry, don't paint Eck with your whack job brush.  Eck would think you are out of your mind.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales : He was talking about the power, which we all said would come.  You, on the other hand want a .300 + hitter out of the lineup.  Sorry, don't paint Eck with your whack job brush.  Eck would think you are out of your mind.
    Posted by jimdavis

You on the other hand make stuff up. I suggested a drop in the line-up, and QUSTIONED if he might need a day off due to his shoulder.  Eck quit drinking a long time ago, hello my name is Jim....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales :  You on the other hand make stuff up. I suggested a drop in the line-up, and QUSTIONED if he might need a day off due to his shoulder.  Eck quit drinking a long time ago, hello my name is Jim....
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20

He said his shoulder is fine and he is hitting .315.  You can revise history all you want.  The fact is that the organization knows when a player needs a day.  Gonzo said he wants to play 160.  Pencil him in and let him go.  The guy has a track record that tells me he will be fine.  Maybe you don't have that much faith.  Good for you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales : He said his shoulder is fine and he is hitting .315.  You can revise history all you want.  The fact is that the organization knows when a player needs a day.  Gonzo said he wants to play 160.  Pencil him in and let him go.  The guy has a track record that tells me he will be fine.  Maybe you don't have that much faith.  Good for you.
    Posted by jimdavis

The organization ran Mike Lowell into the ground after his surgery, and wore out Scutaro's arm to the point he had to play 2B and ended up with a Purple Heart from the Mass delegation. Really, Jim? Really??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales :  The organization ran Mike Lowell into the ground after his surgery, and wore out Scutaro's arm to the point he had to play 2B and ended up with a Purple Heart from the Mass delegation. Really, Jim? Really??
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20

Nice try dude, don't try to move the goalpost.  If you are so down on the organization, maybe they are not good enough for your rooting interst.  BTW, chicks say "really, really".  Its played out.  That train left the station years ago.  But you seem impressed with yourself.  So, you win.  Check the back of Gonzales's baseball card and get back to me in August.  We'll see if the season he puts together meets your lofty standards.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Youk - You gotta admit Gonzo is batting over .300....It's just the power and his ability to turn on the ball I am concerned about also if that is what you are saying???  I think it will improve but then again, I am also concerned about his shoulder....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales : Nice try dude, don't try to move the goalpost.  If you are so down on the organization, maybe they are not good enough for your rooting interst.  BTW, chicks say "really, really".  Its played out.  That train left the station years ago.  But you seem impressed with yourself.  So, you win.  Check the back of Gonzales's baseball card and get back to me in August.  We'll see if the season he puts together meets your lofty standards.
    Posted by jimdavis

LOL Jim! Yeah, my wife uses the  "really-really" all the time. Not sure what you mean by moving the goal post. I put some comments out there, as did you. I tried to defend my positions, and questioned some of yours. Hopefully I didn't mis-quote you, the main premise was to notice that his first month with Sox is the same as Offerman's. Is there a reason why? I think there is, mainly, he's not fully recovered from his surgery, But, have you seen that premise anywhere else? I haven't.  While I'm writing this the guys on Baseball tonight just mentioned Gonzalez, and "...if they can get him going" Will he better, yes, but when?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Youk - You gotta admit Gonzo is batting over .300....It's just the power and his ability to turn on the ball I am concerned about also if that is what you are saying???  I think it will improve but then again, I am also concerned about his shoulder....
    Posted by andrewmitch

Obviously he's hitting over .300, and yet Eck states "this is what we've been waiting for" and BBT mentions " if they can get him going..." but when I say he's  hitting like Offerman it's blasphemy, go figure.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Well, I personally don't see the Offerman thing but it doesn't bug me that you do.........

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Well, I personally don't see the Offerman thing but it doesn't bug me that you do.........
    Posted by andrewmitch

Offerman .341 1 HR 12 RBI on May 1, 1999.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

If you think he's Offerman, send him down to Pawtuckett to re-hab his shoulder some more so he can throw his bat at someone. This post is bordering on ridiculous. I'm glad he mashed one off the wall and cleaned the bases. That shoulder looked pretty good tonight.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales :  Offerman .341 1 HR 12 RBI on May 1, 1999.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20

I know you are proud to cherry pick Offerman stats to make your arguement but it does not work.  Offerman NEVER drove in more than 69 runs in a season. Gonzales has never driven in LESS than 82 in any full season.  He is paid to drive in runs and he is doing so.  I still fail to see your point.  If you are using hyperbole to discuss him by bringing up a guy who was horrible, that is fine.  Simply admit it and move on.  But to stay with this ridiculous argument is crazy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

By the end of this month he will be stroking HR's on a regular basis.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpanther98. Show bigpanther98's posts

Many of his homeruns in San Diego over the years were rocketed line drives that cleared the wall. Despite the wall being much closer at Fenway, the height of the monster would render even those rockets to left field doubles or even singles. So, even if he starts hitting exactly the way he did in San Diego, he still will have lower HR totals. His OBP and slugging % should still be very healthy, good numbers for a #3. Just look at some of the numbers of #3s around the league. Michael Young has been scorching, and he only has 1 HR. If AGon can have numbers like Young, I'd be ecstatic. What about Marlon Byrd, Aubrey Huff, Howie Kendrick/Torii Hunter, and others? They ahve all been #3 in the order extensively, and Gonzalez is having a better season so far than any of them. However, I would take Andre Ethier's stats as a #3 over AGon certainly.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales :  I posted a link to his Fenway hit chart, which showed virtually nothing to LF, but the fanboys ignored that and recalled all his hits that went that way. Lets listen to Eck tonite, he'll tell the truth.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20

It's almost like I saw Eck's crib notes, A-Gon hits one off the wall, clearing the bases, and Eck says; "That's what we've been waiting for!" When I ask Jim, what was Eck talking about? Jim says the power! My point exactly! So Jim inadvertently agrees with me, but calls me a "whack job". I flat out said that they (Offerman and Gonzalez) are not the same players, but rather that A-Gon is hitting LIKE Jose. When I post Jose's numbers for April, which are virtually the same as Adrian's, I'm told I'm "cherry picking" his stats!
     I understand the psyche of Red Sox Nation is a little bruised right now, what with all the pre-season fawning and predictions, but  don't lose your ability to have a rational discussion. Perhaps so much is emotionally invested, not to mention dollars and prospects into A-Gon, that he is so brightly luminated by his brilliance that mere mortals may not cast an eye or opinion on him. Say, what about that Carl Crawford guy, anyone notice he's hitting like Otis Nixon?

Sections
Shortcuts