Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales

Slamming A.Gon????What team are you guys watching???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjgbpd. Show jjgbpd's posts

Gonzalez also didn't get much of a spring training, so his timing and stuff should just now be getting right.  Anyone that wants to bench Adrian Gonzalez has to be nuts. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales:
    Based on this thread as a sample, I would compare Youkillus20 to andrewmitch.  We can now call him Youkillus "Mitch" 20. 
    Posted by losmediasrojas

Does he also live in Hornell NY too and pretend to be a sox fan?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales : Does he also live in Hornell NY too and pretend to be a sox fan?
    Posted by southpaw777

No, I am blessed to live in Virginia Beach, just got back from a run on the boardwalk, from where I live, despite Gymdavis' conclusion, a more than lonely life.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales :  No, I am blessed to live in Virginia Beach, just got back from a run on the boardwalk, from where I live, despite Gymdavis' conclusion, a more than lonely life.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20

Im just playin Youk..It was actually a shot at AM

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales : When andrewmitch is the only one listening to you, it's time to take a personal inventory of yourself instead of comparing your situation to that of a visionary scientist whose suggestion could have saved many lives.  I don't think moving Adrian Gonzalez down in the lineup will have close to the same type of consequences.   
    Posted by losmediasrojas

When Andrewmitch is the only one who gets it, it's time to take a personal inventory of your listening skills, instead of comparing yourself to the angst driven neverwas'es of life and love found in a L.Cohen song, wake up and live the real life right in front of you. Gonzalez had an April of Offermanian proportions, he beginning to step up to Winfield's Mr. May.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales : Im just playin Youk..It was actually a shot at AM
    Posted by southpaw777

Lefty, you're cool with me. Who's your favorite southpaw?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Nick Cafardo refutes Gymdavis, amplifies Youkillus20;

It’s too early to be concerned, but wasn’t this supposed to be the year of the Gonzalez laser show at Fenway?...

Gonzalez had played 14 games at Fenway, a ballpark seemingly suited for his swing. But until last night, he had yet to go yard.

Gonzalez said last week in Baltimore that he hadn’t felt comfortable at the plate up to that point.

It’s important to remember that Gonzalez is coming off major shoulder surgery. Although Gonzalez says he’s fine, there has to be some break-in period. So patience must be preached when it comes to his power numbers.

On Monday night, he hit a bases-loaded double to center field, knocking in three runs...Maybe it’s not the type of production we had envisioned, but production nonetheless.

So, let's see now, tht's Eck, BBT, and Cafardo, calling it like I saw it, crazy huh?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Nick Cafardo refutes Gymdavis, amplifies Youkillus20; I t’s too early to be concerned, but wasn’t this supposed to be the year of the Gonzalez laser show at Fenway?... Gonzalez had played 14 games at Fenway, a ballpark seemingly suited for his swing. But until last night, he had yet to go yard. Gonzalez said last week in Baltimore that he hadn’t felt comfortable at the plate up to that point. It’s important to remember that Gonzalez is coming off major shoulder surgery. Although Gonzalez says he’s fine, there has to be some break-in period. So patience must be preached when it comes to his power numbers. On Monday night, he hit a bases-loaded double to center field, knocking in three runs...Maybe it’s not the type of production we had envisioned, but production nonetheless.  So, let's see now, tht's Eck, BBT, and Cafardo, calling it like I saw it, crazy huh?
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20

You are so clueless that you make my point while you rail trying to make yours!  The important quote is "So patience must be preached when it comes to his power numbers".  To me, that means, put him in the middle of the order, leave him alone, and let him produce.  That is exactly what happened.  Why don't you take a jog on the boardwalk, take a shower, call Nick Cafardo and ask him if he would ever compare Offerman to Gonzalez or even mention him in the same breath.  Alex Gonzalez had a much better April 2010 than Big Papi yet know one was stupid enough to suggest that Gonzalez would end up with better stats, was a better hitter, or should be compared to Big Papi in anyway.  Maybe you did but that would be a you problem.  Your original premise was laughable yet you continue down the same path.  I hope you enjoy it because each post makes you look more foolish than the one before.  You have left no doubt in anyone's mind that you are truly clueless.  Or you have a man crush on Jose Offerman.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales : You are so clueless that you make my point while you rail trying to make yours!  The important quote is "So patience must be preached when it comes to his power numbers".  To me, that means, put him in the middle of the order, leave him alone, and let him produce.  That is exactly what happened.  Why don't you take a jog on the boardwalk, take a shower, call Nick Cafardo and ask him if he would ever compare Offerman to Gonzalez or even mention him in the same breath.  Alex Gonzalez had a much better April 2010 than Big Papi yet know one was stupid enough to suggest that Gonzalez would end up with better stats, was a better hitter, or should be compared to Big Papi in anyway.  Maybe you did but that would be a you problem.  Your original premise was laughable yet you continue down the same path.  I hope you enjoy it because each post makes you look more foolish than the one before.  You have left no doubt in anyone's mind that you are truly clueless.  Or you have a man crush on Jose Offerman.
    Posted by jimdavis

Jim, Clue-less? I never said they were the same player, and have told you that at least three times. You ignore it because it allows you to replay the drama in your head that you are somehow all knowing. I've had in agreement with me, a HOF'er, the national Broadcast team of BBT, and a professional writer on the sport. You want to hold on tightly to a false premise that I said they are the same player, because somehow it empowers you. You're probably a nice enough guy, however lately I've found you to be boorish and a bully. The OP begins with the words..."Up to now..." it does not imply to be an indictment of his overall skills, or an appraisal of his previous accomplishments in the NL. That doesn't matter to you, you've somehow construed all of that into a man crush on Jose... Clue-less?, Yes sir, you are.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

kick that horse...kick that horse...

Funny stuff in here.  Thanks for the chuckles!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleRhodyJack. Show LittleRhodyJack's posts

He's fine.He's in tune with his body's condition and things are looking up.Last night,after the homer,you could see him sitting there contemplating,seeing the pitch ,lofting it to right center.I thought for the last 5 or 6 games he was driving the ball much better.I feel he knows exactly what he wants to do and his swing is responding.A hitter is like a pitcher.The pitcher,after an injury,has to adjust slowly.He knows the injury and even after the pain or discomfort is gone,still turns the velocity up alertly.The hitter is the same.He,too,has an adjustment plan,I believe AGon's time has arrived and he feels fine.Either way, I'll take smallball,as long as he's hitting.Funny thing,too,Adrian seems to be driving it to a target.Nice hitting,Adrian,welcome to Beantown.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Long, long pointless thread ... for those of you who skipped reading most of the BS and went right to the end, you get a gold star.  

A-Gon is a budding MVP, he is a gold glove hitting machine, so let's forget about the money, or whether he has a bad streak, and just enjoy the man's game ... it is looking good RSN, really good.  Don't discount a hitter who will drive in runs any way possible, A-Gon doesn't need to hit HRs.  The man can flat out rake.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales :  Jim, Clue-less? I never said they were the same player, and have told you that at least three times. You ignore it because it allows you to replay the drama in your head that you are somehow all knowing. I've had in agreement with me, a HOF'er, the national Broadcast team of BBT, and a professional writer on the sport. You want to hold on tightly to a false premise that I said they are the same player, because somehow it empowers you. You're probably a nice enough guy, however lately I've found you to be boorish and a bully . The OP begins with the words..."Up to now..." it does not imply to be an indictment of his overall skills, or an appraisal of his previous accomplishments in the NL. That doesn't matter to you, you've somehow construed all of that into a man crush on Jose... Clue-less?, Yes sir, you are.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20

I never said you thought they were the same player, but you were the one who compared their April starts, as if that means anything.  The point is you mentioned the players in the same breath which makes you look foolish.  None of the people who "agreed" with you would ever do so and would laugh at anyone who would.  That is the point.  Great, you used the term "up to now".  Congrats.  All the rest of your mumbo jumbo sounds like the teacher from the peanuts.  Keep spinning.  Maybe it will makes sense to someone at some point.  To most of the folks here, it does not.  You have provided us all with a laugh though.  For that you should be commended.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

The odd thing is you still don't seem to get it.  You compared Agon to Offerman and Andrewmitch compared him to Bill mueller.

That shows no knowledge of baseball.  It's like neither of you have ever seen or heard of Agon before this year and have no access to his career stats.

It's fine to be concerned if his power numbers are off early and post about it, but once you start comparing him to Offerman or Mueller you simply have to know you are going to be made fun of.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

The odd thing is you still don't seem to get it.  You compared Agon to Offerman and Andrewmitch compared him to Bill mueller. That shows no knowledge of baseball.  It's like neither of you have ever seen or heard of Agon before this year and have no access to his career stats. It's fine to be concerned if his power numbers are off early and post about it, but once you start comparing him to Offerman or Mueller you simply have to know you are going to be made fun of.
    Posted by snakeoil123

Snake, he claims to have never compared Jose to Adrian.  He is spinning now to save face.  He could have gotten the MLB package and watched San Diego games last year.  That way, he would have known that Gonzales can get hot and carry a team.  A player who hits 35-40 HRs has power ups and downs in the course of a season.  That seems lost on the OP.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Mr. Gonzo is really starting to show his wares the last couple of games.  Bases-loaded double crushed off the centre-field wall.  RBI base hit drilled to left.  Home run over the bullpen in right.  This guy is special.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

Mr. Gonzo is really starting to show his wares the last couple of games.  Bases-loaded double crushed off the centre-field wall.  RBI base hit drilled to left.  Home run over the bullpen in right.  This guy is special.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

Fewer ground balls and more line-drives than the beginning of the year. He's going to be fun to watch this summer.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Francona seems to PWN Scioscia posted at 4/23/2011 7:23 AM EDT Youkillus20 had one thread where he used the word PWN instead of OWN. That in itself tells you much about him. My only question is; shouldn't he be in class today instead of at home. Pwn is a leetspeak slang term derived from the verb own , [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] as meaning to appropriate or to conquer to gain ownership. The term implies domination or humiliation of a rival, [ 4 ] used primarily in the Internet -based video game culture to taunt an opponent who has just been soundly defeated (e.g., "You just got pwned!"). [ 5 ] It was popular among Counter-Strike gamers before spreading through the more general Internet world. [ 6 ] The past tense and past participle, pwned , may also be spelled pwnd (sometimes with an apostrophe before the d), pwnt , or powned . [ citation needed ]
    Posted by pike

Hi Pike.  LOL.  I have been guilty of using pnw instead of own.  I guess it is the gamer in me from back in the day.  Guilty as charged!  That might be all I have in common with the own they call Youkillus.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Posted by Hfxsoxnut

The problem, again, is people building up expectations in their own minds that are less than realistic.  Lefties don't generally come into Fenway and start blasting HRs.  It's too deep.  The chief advantage is that there is no easy way to pitch a lefty who will go the other way.

My expectations for power were modest, 28-30, but with 45 doubles and a .330+ average.  This guy is more pure hitter than power hitter.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales : The problem, again, is people building up expectations in their own minds that are less than realistic.  Lefties don't generally come into Fenway and start blasting HRs.  It's too deep.  The chief advantage is that there is no easy way to pitch a lefty who will go the other way. My expectations for power were modest, 28-30, but with 45 doubles and a .330+ average.  This guy is more pure hitter than power hitter.
    Posted by Joebreidey

Thanks, Joe, once again you are the voice of reason, and perhaps unparalled on this board. I polled the board in the off season, as to what they thought A-Gon's HR totals might be, I included notable LH performance, guys like Yaz 44,
    Vaughan 46, and Big Papi 54. It's really not that common to have LH hitters putting up big HR numbers at the Fens, despite that, the sentiment was optimistic to say the least. The gist of this thread was to explore what might be keeping A-Gon's 2011 totals down, when the thread started he had just one.
     Some tried to construe it as a comparison player to player of A-Gon to Offerman. Ridiculous. One suggested he'll get it going, and may hit 10 HR's in May. Maybe, maybe not. What's really missing though is any nod towards surgery recovery. He has the skills, but maybe not the strength yet. When I suggested a day off might be needed, I was mocked. One fabulous mocker sarcastically asked , does Pedroia need a day off too? Yeah , I guess he did, huh?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales :  Lefty, you're cool with me. Who's your favorite southpaw?
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20

All time-Warren Span prob with Koufax a close second
    In todays game- Lester and Lee

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Posted by Hfxsoxnut

Amen to that...haven't seen as sweet a left-handed swing in the Red Sox lineup since Freddy Lynn

Sections
Shortcuts