Adrian Beltre Available??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tripleb2066. Show tripleb2066's posts

Adrian Beltre Available??

If the Sox become buyers might Beltre be a good fit? Could a package starting with Ceccini and Ranaudo get it done? Texas might be looking to move his salary. Guy can rake. Beltre / Ortiz / Napoli in the 3-4-5 spots and Bogarts back to SS.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/06/al-west-notes-beltre-rangers-morales-astros-mills.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/06/al-west-notes-beltre-rangers-morales-astros-mills.html

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/texas-rangers-must-look-at-pitching-for-2015-052214" rel="nofollow">http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/texas-rangers-must-look-at-pitching-for-2015-052214

These links aren't recent but it's just now occurring to me that Boston could be a buyer not a seller.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

Re: Adrian Beltre Available??

They might need a hitter but bringing in Beltre would severely stunt Bogey's growth. I never understood why they let him get away in the first place. With that said I don't think the Sox are players for another infielder, a corner Outfielder with power is the answer and even that might not be necessary, Nava has been absolutely raking for about a month now bringing his AVG., up 140 points in that time and Victorino is finally back up to the big club. Sellers or buyers will be determined in the next week. If they take the series in Toronto they will be buyers, if not it will seller time for the first time in quite awhile.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Dude that Beltre ship has long since sailed. Only Bill 806 knows where that ocean liner is now

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

We didn't sign Beltre because of the length of his deal. I doubt we now trade for his final years of that deal.

Sox4ever

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

We didn't sign Beltre because of the length of his deal. I doubt we now trade for his final years of that deal.

Sox4ever

we didn't sign beltre because we thougt we had something in middlebrooks...but middlebrooks is horrible..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

Sox4ever

we didn't sign beltre because we thougt we had something in middlebrooks...but middlebrooks is horrible..

I seriously doubt that was the main reason or even a significant reason we didn't outbid the Rangers for Beltre.

Middy was ranked our 13th best prospect at the end of 2010 and the beginning or 2011.

I'm pretty sure the main reason we let him go was the length of his deal, second was the dollar amount, and third we had Youkilis to move to 3rd as we were going after AGon.

Beltre also has a 6th year vesting option if he gets 1200 PAs in 2014-2015 combined or 600 in 2015. (He has 345 so far this year.)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

a big no on beltre, too much money and he’s on the back end of his deal, we don’t need another old player. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

a big no on beltre, too much money and he’s on the back end of his deal, we don’t need another old player. 

I would love to get Beltre and move Xander back to SS. Catch? Rangers must take Jake Peavy in the deal. No prospects

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Sox4ever

I seriously doubt that was the main reason or even a significant reason we didn't outbid the Rangers for Beltre.

Middy was ranked our 13th best prospect at the end of 2010 and the beginning or 2011.

I'm pretty sure the main reason we let him go was the length of his deal, second was the dollar amount, and third we had Youkilis to move to 3rd as we were going after AGon.

Beltre also has a 6th year vesting option if he gets 1200 PAs in 2014-2015 combined or 600 in 2015. (He has 345 so far this year.)

He is probably the most underrated player in MLB over his career. He is going to be a Hall of Famer if he stays healthy and was able to sign two very large contracts. That being said hard to take that contract with 2.5 potentially left on it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Dude that Beltre ship has long since sailed. Only Bill 806 knows where that ocean liner is now

I CONCUR......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Sox4ever

He is probably the most underrated player in MLB over his career. He is going to be a Hall of Famer if he stays healthy and was able to sign two very large contracts. That being said hard to take that contract with 2.5 potentially left on it.

[object HTMLDivElement]

We are far better off with Drew at SS than XB.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Sox4ever

[object HTMLDivElement]

We are far better off with Drew at SS than XB.

I agree. The only thing that has stood out for Bogey this year is how he spells his 1st name.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The only thing that has stood out for Bogey this year is how he spells his 1st name.

I think Xander will come around the second half much like JBJ has recently.

Sox4ever

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Who cares?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to tripleb2066's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the Sox become buyers might Beltre be a good fit? Could a package starting with Ceccini and Ranaudo get it done? Texas might be looking to move his salary. Guy can rake. Beltre / Ortiz / Napoli in the 3-4-5 spots and Bogarts back to SS.

Boggie isnt going to play SS for the rest of this season if Boston are playing that hot lately.  Also Middy is coming back soon.  3b will be too crowded.  Either send Middy or Boggie back to AAA to make a room for Beltre.

I think the only position that Boston may need to fix is the LF.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

is anyone watching the games?  xander is hitting the ball on the screws right now. 

beltre will vest and will end up contracted thru 2016.  unless boras thinks he can do more $$ without vesting and then you can bet the farm he will not vest.

9 errors thus far so it's not like he is lights out defensively.

4 years ago was our chance to keep beltre in Beantown.  now?  no flippin' way.

other names i have posted under:  none

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxkid4life. Show bosoxkid4life's posts

I like Beltre as a player, and I even love the fit with his good glove and another stick in the middle of the order. Money really shouldn't be an issue and while he is 35, you do need a combination of vets and young guys to be successful. I think it would be fair to assume that he has 2-3 solid years left. That obviously forces us to deal with Middlebrooks and Checcini, which I wouldn't be too heartbroken about. The Sox have a young third base prospect by the of Devers who looks like he could be special so he might be primed and ready by the time Beltre would be in his home stretch. With all that send, you can't make this move until you know the deal with Bogearts. We need to find out whether he can hack it at shortstop if we are going to make a move that will fill third for the next few years. If we get Beltre and Bogaerts can't cut it at short, then what? Are we really going to move him to left? I guess we could use the outfield help but talk about jerking a kid around. Drew, thanks for helping bring the championship home last year, but its time for you to do, you just don't fit here anymore.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

If anyone is feeling generous, a friend of mine will be a first year teacher this fall and is looking for a bit of help funding the supplies in her 4th grade classroom. Every dollar will be spent on supplies for her low income students and their classroom. Thanks.

http://www.gofundme.com/bu753o" rel="nofollow">http://www.gofundme.com/bu753o

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxkid4life. Show bosoxkid4life's posts

Sections
Shortcuts