1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from poprox13. Show poprox13's posts

Re: Adrian Gonzalez a BUM! trade him!

Stupid post of the day?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Adrian Gonzalez a BUM! trade him!:
    [QUOTE]Stupid post of the day?
    Posted by poprox13[/QUOTE]I'm hoping he's being sarcastic.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy stilleatsworms. Show MikeNagy stilleatsworms's posts

In response to "Re: Adrian Gonzalez a BUM! trade him!": [QUOTE]Stupid post of the day? Posted by poprox13[/QUOTE] Day ain't over yet

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Adrian Gonzalez a BUM! trade him!": Day ain't over yet
    Posted by MikeNagy stilleatsworms[/QUOTE]

If he is serious i hope it ends here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

n

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

yikes!!!..never thought i'd be here to see this one...man, if he's overrated what does that make Tex, Prince, and Pujols??..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

ugh

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from angeroo. Show angeroo's posts

seriously?  This is why some people shouldn't be allowed to start threads.  I can't believe I wasted 20 seconds responding to it...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

hahahaa.  Man, I can always count on Cactus Tony to brighten my day with some hilarious s*^t.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

This has to be a joke and not a funny one. There is no way that this is serious.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanCap. Show SanCap's posts

Well, he only has 7 RBI in 10 games to go with a measly 773 OPS - plus he's blocking Lars Andersen.  I'm sure RS could package him for a middle reliever.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i'm not even sure how to respond to this..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

On the B's board he said the B's wouldn't make the playoffs and it would be the greatest calapse in the history of the NHL.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

He's definitely slow.  And, reportedly, opinionated. 

But he's a heckuva ballplayer and a good acquisition.  Great hand-eye coordination. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Neh, he'll end up with his 30-35 HR and 100+ before it's over.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]i'm not even sure how to respond to this..
    Posted by mef429[/QUOTE] oy comes to mind...Tongue out

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

more like *FacePalm*

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LaserShow24. Show LaserShow24's posts

OK Gonzalez is not a bum.  But you are right I don't think he's much of a leader.  Didnt' like his comments at the end of last year.  

I did think in the offseason that since the Sox needed some starting pitching help, but there wern't any great SP free agents to sign, and the Sox didn't have the prospects to trade for a SP, that they should have looked into signing Pujols or Fielder, and then trading Gonzalez for prospects that they could flip for a #1 Starting pitcher.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]OK Gonzalez is not a bum.  But you are right I don't think he's much of a leader.  Didnt' like his comments at the end of last year.   I did think in the offseason that since the Sox needed some starting pitching help, but there wern't any great SP free agents to sign, and the Sox didn't have the prospects to trade for a SP, that they should have looked into signing Pujols or Fielder, and then trading Gonzalez for prospects that they could flip for a #1 Starting pitcher.  
    Posted by LaserShow24[/QUOTE]

how were they to know in the 2010-2011 off season that their starting rotation would fall to pieces? lose dice-k to tommy john, buckholtz to injury and lackey pitching injured all year resulting in a horrid year for him.

hindsight is 20/20. still, trading for A-gone was brilliant. and compared to the fielder/pujols deals we got him for a bargain.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LaserShow24. Show LaserShow24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adrian Gonzalez a BUM! trade him! : how were they to know in the 2010-2011 off season that their starting rotation would fall to pieces? lose dice-k to tommy john, buckholtz to injury and lackey pitching injured all year resulting in a horrid year for him. hindsight is 20/20. still, trading for A-gone was brilliant. and compared to the fielder/pujols deals we got him for a bargain.
    Posted by mef429[/QUOTE]

No I'm talking about this past offseason, as in just a few months ago.  They could have signed Pujols and then traded Gonzalez to a team that missed out on one of the big bats(Pujols/Fielder) like the Angels or Cardinals for some prospects, then taken those prospects and traded for a starting Pitcher. The Reds trade 2 prospects and Edison Volquez to the Padres for Mat Latos who's a great young pitcher.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adrian Gonzalez a BUM! trade him! : No I'm talking about this past offseason, as in just a few months ago.  They could have signed Pujols and then traded Gonzalez to a team that missed out on one of the big bats(Pujols/Fielder) like the Angels or Cardinals for some prospects, then taken those prospects and traded for a starting Pitcher. The Reds trade 2 prospects and Edison Volquez to the Padres for Mat Latos who's a great young pitcher.  
    Posted by LaserShow24[/QUOTE]

thats a tough/risky move for a first time GM.

theres NO way fielder or pujols will live up to their contracts. no chance in hell. i like commiting to A-gone. sure we gave him big money too but can actually live up to it especially if his 2011 season is any indication (keep in mind he was playing hurt for the 2nd half. scary thought right?)

i think the sox felt confident in their top 3 and their ability to piece together the last 2 guys of the roto. its still too early to tell if it paid off yet but if the way dubront and bard pitched their last starts is any indication i'd say they did a damn fine job. also Cook and dice-K will be in the mix too

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In Response to Adrian Gonzalez a BUM! trade him!:
    [QUOTE]He is so overrated its insane! not an ounce of leadership in his fat body.. Slow, damaged goods..Powerless Trade that contract, he stinks!!
    Posted by cactusTony[/QUOTE]
    glad to see you gave up on the Bruins forum.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Let me guess you wanted Texeria and his lower production at an even higher cost? What is your other option besides the ones you mentioned but obviously would never work(Pujols trade, you would complain about Fielder once he got here also) because this isn't fantasy baseball!

You are the select few who thinks this way, so man up and deal with it. He isn't going anywhere for a very long time. Besides A-Gon and Cabrera there are no other hitters in the league that could honestly contend for the triple crown.

Sections
Shortcuts