Adrian Gonzalez... finally a replacement for Manny

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

Adrian Gonzalez... finally a replacement for Manny

It has finally happened... not that he is half the pain in the rear that Manny was...  actually he is the opposite in that respect.  He may be the next Red Sox to wear the C on his chest before he retires.  It is nice to see such a threat to drive in run after run.  This guy is gonna keep the Red Sox alive in this race.  He seems to be very comfortable playing in Boston, and handles the media like a champ.

I'm only sorry it took 3 years to get him in Boston! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

Re: Adrian Gonzalez... finally a replacement for Manny

Too bad he doesn't play as defensively important of a position as Manny.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfantiltheend. Show patsfantiltheend's posts

Only if he was as good at defense as manny...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

He also appears to be the best hitter in the AL and one of the top 2 or 3 in the game today.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

We can now put the Manny ghost to bed ( I hope). I love Gonzo, what a player. I am getting a jersey soon. How about that theo, you only had to spend 1 billion dollars to find the next Manny

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Jason Bay wasn't too shabby.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

With all due respect to Jason bay...Hes not Gonzo...not even close..This guy is gonna be AL MVP..There, I said it..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Re: Adrian Gonzalez... finally a replacement for Manny:
    [QUOTE]Jason Bay wasn't too shabby.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

I really believe Jason posted here as RodfromCranston, J-Bay gets traded and RFC goes missing!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

What makes you think that Youk. Did he say something to give himself up?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

[QUOTE]What makes you think that Youk. Did he say something to give himself up?
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]
     Lefty, it's tongue-in-cheek. But oh wow, did RFC pine for Bay!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbcole47. Show dbcole47's posts

Thank goodness Texiera isn't here!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

This thread shows why some of you guys are the biggest pink hatters around.

I'm not saying that agon isn't a very good hitter or hasn't been clutch, but I would think it would take more than a month and a half to call him the 'replacement' for one of the biggest performing icons in sawx history.

I don't doubt that he will do very well in beantowne, but posts like this remind me of spc's post about this team winning 112+ games "no problem" and that 120++ was "realistic".

Don't jump the gun.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Seriously, a swing has not made me giddy like this since Manny.  So easy.  Power and grace.  The guy is a masterful first baseman to boot.  Can he pick balls out of the dirt or what?  And, though not fleet of foot, quite surprising quickness and ups when snagging line drives.  And, yes, the anti-Manny (of course, minus the petulant, unprofessional sulking and elderly-beating, i always loved some Manny being Manny).  But Adrian is quickly taking the mantle of My Hero.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

[QUOTE]He also appears to be the best hitter in the AL and one of the top 2 or 3 in the game today.

Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

LOL...it's posts like this that make me laugh at you.

He's very good but have you heard of a guy named bautista?

RK PLAYER TEAM AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO AVG OBP SLG OPS
    1 Jose Bautista TOR 119 35 44 7 1 16 27 4 1 35 19 .370 .516 .849 1.365

5Adrian GonzalezBOS168 27 55 14 1 9 37 1 0 15 30 .327 .384 .583 .967

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adrian Gonzalez... finally a replacement for Manny : LOL...it's posts like this that make me laugh at you. He's very good but have you heard of a guy named bautista? RK PLAYER TEAM AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO AVG OBP SLG OPS 1 Jose Bautista TOR 119 35 44 7 1 16 27 4 1 35 19 .370 .516 .849 1.365 5Adrian GonzalezBOS168 27 55 14 1 9 37 1 0 15 30 .327 .384 .583 .967
    Posted by --The--Babe--1[/QUOTE]
    Gonzalez got off to a slow start, slugging-wise. He did move to a new team and was coming off shoulder surgery.
    Nobody is hitting HRs like Bautista right now, but I believe Gonzalez's overall numbers will be better by season's end.

Pity A-rod's not on your list.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adrian Gonzalez... finally a replacement for Manny : LOL...it's posts like this that make me laugh at you. He's very good but have you heard of a guy named bautista? RK PLAYER TEAM AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO AVG OBP SLG OPS 1 Jose Bautista TOR 119 35 44 7 1 16 27 4 1 35 19 .370 .516 .849 1.365 5Adrian GonzalezBOS168 27 55 14 1 9 37 1 0 15 30 .327 .384 .583 .967

I predict that Adrian will have better numbers when their respective careers are over.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]This thread shows why some of you guys are the biggest pink hatters around. I'm not saying that agon isn't a very good hitter or hasn't been clutch, but I would think it would take more than a month and a half to call him the 'replacement' for one of the biggest performing icons in sawx history. I don't doubt that he will do very well in beantowne, but posts like this remind me of spc's post about this team winning 112+ games "no problem" and that 120++ was "realistic". Don't jump the gun.

just the opposite Babe...Long time baseball/Sox fans know a beautiful swing when they see one..This guy is special..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adrian Gonzalez... finally a replacement for Manny : LOL...exactly what does Arod have to do with this?...Nothing. Again you try to make it a Yankee/sawx thing when it's not even part of the conversation. And who really cares what "you believe" will happen by the end of the year. mongo the fanboy stated that agon is the best hitter in the AL right now when it's pretty clear he isn't. And that's what I was commenting on. I know it gets tough in here for you but take your time, sound out each word, ask for help from your older sister if you must, but please do try to follow along.

LOL
    The Yankees spitting the bit really makes you cranky, doesn't it?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adrian Gonzalez... finally a replacement for Manny : LOL The Yankees spitting the bit really makes you cranky, doesn't it?

Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]

I'm not cranky at all. Unlike you, I understand baseball and that it's 162 games season and each team will have their ups and downs. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adrian Gonzalez... finally a replacement for Manny : just the opposite Babe...Long time baseball/Sox fans know a beautiful swing when they see one..This guy is special..

I agree that he has a great swing.

But I'd like to see him perform here for a while before I anoit him the second coming of Ted Williams.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scalp. Show Scalp's posts

AMEN, brother!  Get the duck boats ready for the parade.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

When I picture The Babe I picture the guy who was killing everyone in the WoW South Park

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s10e08-make-love-not-warcraft

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adrian Gonzalez... finally a replacement for Manny : I agree that he has a great swing. But I'd like to see him perform here for a while before I anoit him the second coming of Ted Williams.

I agree with you on that..But the future sure looks bright with AG in Boston for the next few years...In the end I believe his numbers will speak for themselves and he will get the accolades he deserves..But for now.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adrian Gonzalez... finally a replacement for Manny : I agree with you on that..But the future sure looks bright with AG in Boston for the next few years...In the end I believe his numbers will speak for themselves and he will get the accolades he deserves..But for now.....

...but for now, he sure is fun to watch.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adrian Gonzalez... finally a replacement for Manny : I'm not cranky at all. Unlike you, I understand baseball and that it's 162 games season and each team will have their ups and downs. 

LOL

All of April all we heard from you was how the "Red Flops" were floundering in last place. Now that the Yankees are imploding, you understand the ups and downs of baseball.

Too funny...

Sections
Shortcuts