Adrian Gonzalez the best player in baseball today? Whom would you take ahead of him?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

Re: Adrian Gonzalez the best player in baseball today? Whom would you take ahead of him?

In Response to Re: Adrian Gonzalez the best player in baseball today? Whom would you take ahead of him?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adrian Gonzalez the best player in baseball today? Whom would you take ahead of him? : Things could change the 2nd half, but as of now, Gonzalez deserve the GG.
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]

A case for either player could be made but I think in the end it'll go to Tex.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Re: Adrian Gonzalez the best player in baseball today? Whom would you take ahead of him?

Lou Gherig.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In Response to Re: Adrian Gonzalez the best player in baseball today? Whom would you take ahead of him?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adrian Gonzalez the best player in baseball today? Whom would you take ahead of him? : I haven't been very impressed with either one of them so far this yr hopefully someone else wins it but arod has been most impressive this yr and no I don't need any of your super stats I watch the games ;-)
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

LOL Zac,   I'll spare you the stats, which support my opinion, but I have to wonder what games you've been watching?   Gonzalez has been very good defensively.  And while we're at it, how about the little guy at 2B?

I will give you Arod at 3B.  He has been impressive.  Much better than our beloved Youkilis.  The poor guy just doesn't have the body type to hold up as a 3B as he ages, IMO.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adrian Gonzalez the best player in baseball today? Whom would you take ahead of him? : A case for either player could be made but I think in the end it'll go to Tex.
    Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE]

Yes, a case could be made for either player, but right now I think Gonzalez has the edge.  We'll need to revisit this at the end of the season.  And I'll be honest, while I watch quite a few Yankees games, I don't watch them all, so I haven't seen every game that Teixeira has played this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adrian Gonzalez the best player in baseball today? Whom would you take ahead of him? : Yes, a case could be made for either player, but right now I think Gonzalez has the edge.  We'll need to revisit this at the end of the season.  And I'll be honest, while I watch quite a few Yankees games, I don't watch them all, so I haven't seen every game that Teixeira has played this year.
    We'll see what happens

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adrian Gonzalez the best player in baseball today? Whom would you take ahead of him? : We'll see what happens

One caveat to that though is that the voters don't always get it right.  Not to drudge up the whole argument again on last year's GG winners, but Teixeira should not have won it last year, IMO.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adrian Gonzalez the best player in baseball today? Whom would you take ahead of him? : One caveat to that though is that the voters don't always get it right.  Not to drudge up the whole argument again on last year's GG winners, but Teixeira should not have won it last year, IMO.
    Im surprised you would feel that way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adrian Gonzalez the best player in baseball today? Whom would you take ahead of him? : Im surprised you would feel that way.

I'm not trying to knock Teixeira.  I think he is a very good ballplayer and I think he is a very good defensive player.  IMO however, he was not the best defensive 1B in the league last year, which is what the award is supposed to be given for.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adrian Gonzalez the best player in baseball today? Whom would you take ahead of him? : I'm not trying to knock Teixeira.  I think he is a very good ballplayer and I think he is a very good defensive player.  IMO however, he was not the best defensive 1B in the league last year, which is what the award is supposed to be given for.

Ok