Re: Adrian Gonzalez - the power outage goes on

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

With San Diego:

2975 AB 161 HR - 1 HR per 18.5 AB

With Boston:

1114 AB 42 HR - 1 HR per 26.5 AB

With LA Dodgers:

235 AB 5 HR - 1 HR per 47 AB

Well,.................it's LA's concern now.   ;)

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

u are a loser pike

up late tonight eh burrito? what's it like 2300 zulu your time right now.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

lol. In Phnom Penh now..... Bangkok was good... I finally went down to the river area and Khaoson Road.

nice! I tried to tell you in another thread that I had a 3 day r & r in Bangkok back in mid 70 with 3 buddies. we partied all night at the majestic hotel. the gorgeous long haired beauties were all over the place. lol. some of my "good" memories bro.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Yes, saw the post but wasn't sure you would see a response and waited to see u again on the forum. Thai woman are amazing..... as are Vietnamese....  come to think of it girls in New England are nice to.

Southern Girls with the way they talk, knock me out when I am down there.....

to quote bill-806....that's a bingo man! your a pretty lucky guy to be living there.....cept for the monsoon season...lol...even after being back 40+ years that part never ever changes. I've got friends that have gone back to nam as well as thailand. they told me I'd never even recognize the place. I believe them. if it wasn't for that damn war those countries were pretty awesome. one thing I know for sure.........don't drink the river water. lol.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Let's face it, AGon is so gifted that he could simply change his approach, lower his BA and OBP and OPS, and hit more homers and strke out more if he wanted to. It's about RBI's, hitting with runners on base, and overall slugging, for middle of the order profiles.

Manny wasn't a 40HR every season guy. He was about a 30HR a season guy who had the advantgage of the short porch for RH hitters.

Absurd.  AGon can't carry the jock of Manny or Ortiz when it comes to being a complete slugger.  Manny and Ortiz were/are able to hit home runs and maintain high BA, OBP and OPS.

As for the Monster benefitting Manny, you must know that his career SLG in Yankee Stadium is .605, which is higher than his .582 in Fenway.

AGon's diminished HR power is most likely a result of his shoulder injury.  Certainly not by choice. 

I was a critic of Gonzalez's lack of power when he was with the Sox. His career numbers are not those of an elite slugger. I also pointed out the risk of giving him a big contract when he was just coming off a shoulder injury. A certain board expert claimed that the doctors had examined him and there should be no issues from the bad shoulder. Like you, i think it has affected his hitting. In the end, I don't think he was a good enough fit in Boston. He is a very talented hitter and fielder, but I think it was best for all that he and the team parted ways.