Adrian Gonzalez

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

Re: Adrian Gonzalez

I agree , Lets trade him for maybe an up and coming single "A" ball player. He has done nothing to make his team mates better players, he is selfish and only worried about his own glory, then again maybe everyone around him is doing better because he gets nothing to hit and they do! Did I mention that there is a new program in place that helps people who have had a full frontal lobotomy? I can get you signed up!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Trolls are fun.  To ignore.  Bye.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

He is absolutely a joy to watch. His swing is perfect, his fielding is superior, and he makes solid contact every at-bat. Plus, and this is a big plus, his personality is wonderful. For a high priced professional athlete he doesn't come with LeBron garbage.   

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: Adrian Gonzalez:
    [QUOTE]Adrian Gonzalez is a stud, Ellsbury is the real cancer to this team. 
    Posted by softybabe[/QUOTE]

Exploring our multiple personalities???  Are we????

:)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adrian Gonzalez : And the Saux could have traded for him, kept Youk at first (where he belongs) and kept Beltre at 3rd
    Posted by softybabe[/QUOTE]
    The Sox did trade for him in 2009...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Adrian Gonzalez:
    [QUOTE]I believe far too much praise is being given to Gonzalez for his day to day RS contribution.  In reality he is not an opportunistic RBI producer, he is slow on defense and very slow on the basepaths, he is not a power hitter, he is a spray singles and doubles hitter, he does not possess elite skills, he is however, an above average player, he is a poor picture of an athlete, probably overweight and lumbersome slow afoot.  In my opinion, if Ellsbury and Pedroia were not having great years Gonzalez's RBI numbers would be much lower because he is not an RBI self-producer.  Some portion of his RBI numbers obviously would be attributed to simply batting third in the order.  Everything considered, in my opinion Youkilis, Ellsbury, Pedroia and (yes) Crawford are more valuable to the RS.    
    Posted by bingobilly[/QUOTE]

This post wins the gold medal for the stupidest post in history.  And on this forum, that is saying a hell of alot.  What is an rbi self producer?  Is that a lame azz way of saying a home run hitter?  Gonzalez hits 3rd and leads the league in rbi.  Is that not what your number 3 hitter is supposed to do?  Did he just get slow? Have you ever watched the Padres play?  Gonzalez had lead leading rbi's when Pedroia was struggling.  How did that happen, troll?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]obviously adrian is a great hitter. the problem is, alot of his hits since the all star break have been singles. I will say as good as he has been, the one thing that has been disappointing about him is his power numbers. He is on pace to hit 25 homers. His avg over the last 3 years is about 36 per year. And thats when he played in one of the biggest pitchers parks in baseball. He has hit what 1 or 2 homers since the allstar break? but he does have 34 doubles. I think having the monester in left has hurt him more than it has helped him in terms of power numbers. He hits a lot of line drive homers so having the monster in left has likely taken away many of his home runs. Lets just hope he goes on home spree soon so he can at least finish with 30. I have to admit i did expect him to hit around 40 before the season but honestly you cant really complain about a guy hitting .350. I still think the home run derby messed him up. He has not been the same since. 
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]

Why did you expect 40?  For you to agree with anything the troll has to say is ridiculous.  for anyone to be complaining about this is just plain stupid.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

So let me get this straight.  The 7th inning double to send Pedey to 3rd was no good?  That how you set up a big inning.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

[QUOTE]Simply put, AG's presence has made everyone around him better. Recall when he was the only producing?
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.  He carried the offense for a long time.  Now other guys are getting the key hits in his stead.  He still knocks in runs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

The most inane,ignorant and indefensable post of all time by some folks(or more likely,one person with more names than the number of bedbugs in a slophouse matress)who had already proven themselves to be irritating,irksome and irresponsable.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

i am not complaining about gonzalez. he has been great for us so far, all i am saying is that power numbers wise he has been a let down. I expected him to hit at least 35 homers. Other than that he has been great.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karlosantonylimtiaco. Show Karlosantonylimtiaco's posts

I, I, I (ha!ha! he!ha!) can't (ha!ha!ha!ha!ha!) ##%#!!%, my sides (ha!ha!ha!he!he!ha!he!) are killing (ha!ha!) me!

Perhaps we should get rid of the bum!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]i am not complaining about gonzalez. he has been great for us so far, all i am saying is that power numbers wise he has been a let down. I expected him to hit at least 35 homers. Other than that he has been great.

Power numbers are meaningless when the guy in the middle of the order leads the league in hitting AND rbi.  I don't care if he never hits another HR.  If runners are on 1st and second with no outs, a two run double is a fine outcome and it extends the inning more so than a HR does.  This is all wasted energy to even be discussing it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]obviously adrian is a great hitter. the problem is, alot of his hits since the all star break have been singles. I will say as good as he has been, the one thing that has been disappointing about him is his power numbers. He is on pace to hit 25 homers. His avg over the last 3 years is about 36 per year. And thats when he played in one of the biggest pitchers parks in baseball. He has hit what 1 or 2 homers since the allstar break? but he does have 34 doubles. I think having the monester in left has hurt him more than it has helped him in terms of power numbers. He hits a lot of line drive homers so having the monster in left has likely taken away many of his home runs. Lets just hope he goes on home spree soon so he can at least finish with 30. I have to admit i did expect him to hit around 40 before the season but honestly you cant really complain about a guy hitting .350. I still think the home run derby messed him up. He has not been the same since. 

Agree with you about the home run derby.  I hope that none of the players on the Red Sox participate in this next year.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In Response to Adrian Gonzalez:
    [QUOTE]I believe far too much praise is being given to Gonzalez for his day to day RS contribution.  In reality he is not an opportunistic RBI producer, he is slow on defense and very slow on the basepaths, he is not a power hitter, he is a spray singles and doubles hitter, he does not possess elite skills, he is however, an above average player, he is a poor picture of an athlete, probably overweight and lumbersome slow afoot.  In my opinion, if Ellsbury and Pedroia were not having great years Gonzalez's RBI numbers would be much lower because he is not an RBI self-producer.  Some portion of his RBI numbers obviously would be attributed to simply batting third in the order.  Everything considered, in my opinion Youkilis, Ellsbury, Pedroia and (yes) Crawford are more valuable to the RS.    
    Posted by bingobilly[/QUOTE]

Wow. This is why I like the Redundancy of Crawford and Ellsbury.
    You can't teach speed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]i am not complaining about gonzalez. he has been great for us so far, all i am saying is that power numbers wise he has been a let down. I expected him to hit at least 35 homers. Other than that he has been great.

a. he still is probably gonna put up 30+.  As we have already seen this year, he is a streaky HR hitter who hits them in sustained bunches.  I expect at least one or two more sustained bunches.

b. if you expected gigantic HR numbers, it was based on excited hope and not his history.  he has only hit 40 once.  Sure, Petco is a cavern, but you had to figure that the advantage of playing in Fenway would be somehwat neutralized by the monster, given his beautiful inside out power swing.  he's gonna end up with a ludicrous amount of doubles.