Adrian "Offerman" Gonzalez

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

Adrian "Offerman" Gonzalez

It's always fun to compare Adrian with the tin standard for Sox 1B, so with another WS trophy on the mantle lets look at Adrian vs Jose in another classic rap battle; Playoffs. PLAYOFFS?? PLAYOFFS?? Insert Jim Mora voice here. http://gifsoup.com/view/189820/jim-mora-playoffs.

Games    AB    HR   RBI     AVG

Offerman           14      53     1      9        .400

A-Gon               14       58    3      7        .327

*A-Gon is a ten year veteran, who has never reached the World Series...just wasn't God's plan.

* Mike Napoli has made the playoffs 6 out of his 8 years in the league, including 2 World Series, maybe some guys are bona fide winners, and some are kitty litter.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re: Adrian

You have it out for him man Laughing

I like AGon for his stats and his abilities on the field. However I now believe he had a poor attitude and if he were asked to step up and help to lead a team out of the dark he simply was not able; in fact he may well have been part of the problem.

Surround him with more positive players and ask Adrian not to lead he will quietly put together a great season.

I don't miss him anymore.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

What's that equate to over 600 ABs?  35 HRs and a .327, against presumably the world's best pitching?

Are you saying that is post-season .935 OPS is not good?

Maybe I have a character flaw here, but aren't RS fans supposed to be celebrating today, instead of snipping and whining?  Or maybe looking forward to next week to see how we are going to build for 2014?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

What's that equate to over 600 ABs?  35 HRs and a .327, against presumably the world's best pitching?

Maybe I have a character flaw here, but aren't RS fans supposed to be celebrating today, instead of snipping and whining?  Or maybe looking forward to next week to see how we are going to build for 2014?

Joe, 

I don't get the whining about Agon. He was not part of the problem and never gave the Sox any serious issues. It was the press media and the Red Sox who put too many expectations on Agon. He produced while he was here, hit over .300 with over 100rbis each year. Fans forget he played right field when the Sox needed him and he didn't say a word. He was a quiet unemotional player in front of the cameras and that gets misunderstood. 

Fans in this town, at least some suk. If a player is emotional in front of the camera like Lackey they get slammed but on the other hand a professional like Agon goes out every day, does what's expected and he is slammed as well. 

In this town an athlete can't win. I've said it before that if I were a pro athlete as much as I love Boston and it's many fine fans I don't think I'd want to play in the Media Circus this town has become. 

I love to hear from fans like Enchilada who say they didn't like Agon's attitude when in fact these whiners were never in the club house, never near these players, who they say they do not like there attitude when in fact the only evidence they have is krap written in the press by negative fools from the Boston media like Eric (horses butt) Wilber and others, and they gullable enough to believe every word.

Hetch

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

He didn't like that dirty water.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to youkillus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's always fun to compare Adrian with the tin standard for Sox 1B, so with another WS trophy on the mantle lets look at Adrian vs Jose in another classic rap battle; Playoffs. PLAYOFFS?? PLAYOFFS?? Insert Jim Mora voice here. http://gifsoup.com/view/189820/jim-mora-playoffs.

*A-Gon is a ten year veteran, who has never reached the World Series...just wasn't God's plan.

* Mike Napoli has made the playoffs 6 out of his 8 years in the league, including 2 World Series, maybe some guys are bona fide winners, and some are kitty litter.

[/QUOTE]

Youk, 

What's your point !! It takes 25 player to make the playoffs, not just one. There are many great players that rarely if ever made the post season, Ted Williams for one. So I guess by some standards TW wasn't a bona fide winner either. So much HOG WASH. 

Hetch

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]What's that equate to over 600 ABs?  35 HRs and a .327, against presumably the world's best pitching?

Maybe I have a character flaw here, but aren't RS fans supposed to be celebrating today, instead of snipping and whining?  Or maybe looking forward to next week to see how we are going to build for 2014?[/QUOTE]
    +1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to youkillus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]B I N G O  THAT ........  A-GON was/is way toooooo overated for me.... "THEO's DREAM "  !!!!

[/QUOTE]

Bill, 

You over rate your own ability to make comments ! Therefore your are in fact OVERATED as well as your DADDY !! 

Hetch

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

Joe, 

I don't get the whining about Agon. He was not part of the problem and never gave the Sox any serious issues. It was the press media and the Red Sox who put too many expectations on Agon. He produced while he was here, hit over .300 with over 100rbis each year. Fans forget he played right field when the Sox needed him and he didn't say a word. He was a quiet unemotional player in front of the cameras and that gets misunderstood. 

Fans in this town, at least some suk. If a player is emotional in front of the camera like Lackey they get slammed but on the other hand a professional like Agon goes out every day, does what's expected and he is slammed as well. 

In this town an athlete can't win. I've said it before that if I were a pro athlete as much as I love Boston and it's many fine fans I don't think I'd want to play in the Media Circus this town has become. 

I love to hear from fans like Enchilada who say they didn't like Agon's attitude when in fact these whiners were never in the club house, never near these players, who they say they do not like there attitude when in fact the only evidence they have is krap written in the press by negative fools from the Boston media like Eric (horses butt) Wilber and others, and they gullable enough to believe every word.

Hetch

thank's dude. I didn't start the thread. I loved acquiring AGon at the time.....  I was saying I learned after the fact he was part of the problem. I never said a bad word about him before he was sent to LA. 

I may have been one of three posters who said he would average 25 homers here, he delivered on the numbers I projected. I am a realist and I wasn't expecting 40 dingers and I certainly never complained about his numbers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

For all his bad rep, AGon willingly went out to RF  and did a pretty good job despite a complete lack of experience.  Hard to say he was not a team guy after that...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

[QUOTE]

Joe, 

Hetch

[/QUOTE]

thank's dude. I didn't start the thread. I loved acquiring AGon at the time.....  I was saying I learned after the fact he was part of the problem. I never said a bad word about him before he was sent to LA. 

I may have been one of three posters who said he would average 25 homers here, he delivered on the numbers I projected. I am a realist and I wasn't expecting 40 dingers and I certainly never complained about his numbers.

[/QUOTE]

Hi Ench, 

Maybe I was overzealous and being overly critical but I'm tired of the negative fans/press in Boston who seem to do nothing but tear down players, front office staff, etc when it is obvious many of these socalled back seat drivers or trolls know nothing about sports, not that I'm an expert either. But I quote you below: On what basis do you believe Agon had a poor attitude, and why was he part of the problem. As stated he came to the park every day, did his part hitting over .300, driving in over 100rbis while in Boston, played a Gold Glove first base and played right field when asked without any whining to the press. What more do fans want of a player. Please answer my response. 

Hetch

"However I now believe he had a poor attitude and if he were asked to step up and help to lead a team out of the dark he simply was not able; in fact he may well have been part of the problem".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

For all his bad rep, AGon willingly went out to RF  and did a pretty good job despite a complete lack of experience.  Hard to say he was not a team guy after that...

[/QUOTE]

Notin, 

Thank you for adding some common sense to this conversation. 

Cheers, 

Hetch

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

No whining here :)  BUT....  sniping is very appropriate!

I firmly believe that A-Gon WAS a definitive part of the problem. 

Great individual player, with great stats.  No denying that the boy can play ball!  His big flaw here in Boston was readily becoming a part of the ex-Red Sox player's whining patrol.  He seemed to jump head first into the pervasive negativity that was brewing in the clubhouse.  He could have been a part of the solution, but instead became a part of the problem.

I have NO animosity for the guy!  NONE!  Just glad he's gone!!!!!  Without him being a part of the purge of the over-priced under-performing whining anvil around our neck entitlement players why do we have to play this unfair schedule you better bring us on your yacht & give us some fancy head phones rotten to the core clubhouse killing player's crew PURGE, the Red Sox never win the World Series in 2013!

THANK YOU A-Gon!  We never could have done this without YOU, Beckett, Crawford, Punto, or any other purged player.  :) 

In all seriousness!  Without the bad times, we could never appreciate the GREAT TIMES!  The agony of defeat is what makes the thrill of victory so much sweeter!  :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I fail to see how he was part of the problem.  He played every day.  He played RF even though it hurt his stats.  He could field as well as anyone.  Was never negative.

Had the pitching not collapsed in 2011, everyone would lauding Gonzo as the ultimate professional.  Which he was.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Red Sox fans just can't resist throwing stones at former Sox players.

This continues to perplex me. Why fans can't just let it be.

The guy was here for too short of a time to be labeled a loser.

Papelbon won here, didn't win in Philadelphia....think the Phillies fans are doing the same on their forums?....they probably are.

I thought we were better than Phillies fans.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Papelbon won here, didn't win in Philadelphia....think the Phillies fans are doing the same on their forums?....they probably are.

[/QUOTE]

So far, we have the Gonzo thread, the blame Aceves thread, and someone calling the soon-to-be $100M Ellsbury, a mediocre player.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]

I fail to see how he was part of the problem.  He played every day.  He played RF even though it hurt his stats.  He could field as well as anyone.  Was never negative.

Had the pitching not collapsed in 2011, everyone would lauding Gonzo as the ultimate professional.  Which he was.

[/QUOTE]

Not to over-react, but as a true die-hard Red Sox fan it's not only my right, but dare I say it's my obligation to vilify & demonize any former player.  Especially a player who was a central part in the purge of the century that led to the surge of the century.  This purge will become the thing of legends!  It's where a legend has been born.  This can not happen if we allow rational voices to get in the way of hyperbolic absolutism.  It's quite clear that A-Gon had given himself over to the dark side, and was listening to God knows what with those ill gotten headphones HE himself demanded from our struggling owners.  Why do you know that Henry was forced to lay off 1 of his 5 head chefs on that modest little yacht of his last year because of the economic downturn!  Given the dire economy, A-Gon's deman of fancy headphones so he could listen to "Christian" music (I think not) was a bridge too far!  The man had to go! 

Crawford was a well known ugly baby mocker!

Beckett?  Come on now.....  Need I dredge up his long list of Evil-doing ways?

Punto may have been the worst of all???  Why do you know......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The only reason Gonzalez isn't a Red Sox now is because Boston needed to include something of value to get rid of the dead weight/cancer that was Beckett/Crawford.

If A-Gon were a FA right now I'd want the Sox to submit an offer. He was a total professional in Boston and played a rock solid 1st base. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The only reason Gonzalez isn't a Red Sox now is because Boston needed to include something of value to get rid of the dead weight/cancer that was Beckett/Crawford.

If A-Gon were a FA right now I'd want the Sox to submit an offer. He was a total professional in Boston and played a rock solid 1st base. 

[/QUOTE]

A lot of people forget that the only way got rid of Beckett and CC was because LAD desperately wanted Gonzo.  Gonzo is kind of like our MVP this year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

exactly....

but i don't care about agon..he is not on this team anymore...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not to over-react, but as a true die-hard Red Sox fan it's not only my right, but dare I say it's my obligation to vilify & demonize any former player.  Especially a player who was a central part in the purge of the century that led to the surge of the century.  This purge will become the thing of legends!  It's where a legend has been born.  This can not happen if we allow rational voices to get in the way of hyperbolic absolutism.  It's quite clear that A-Gon had given himself over to the dark side, and was listening to God knows what with those ill gotten headphones HE himself demanded from our struggling owners.  Why do you know that Henry was forced to lay off 1 of his 5 head chefs on that modest little yacht of his last year because of the economic downturn!  Given the dire economy, A-Gon's deman of fancy headphones so he could listen to "Christian" music (I think not) was a bridge too far!  The man had to go! 

Crawford was a well known ugly baby mocker!

Beckett?  Come on now.....  Need I dredge up his long list of Evil-doing ways?

Punto may have been the worst of all???  Why do you know......

[/QUOTE]

Gonzalez isn't a bad guy or a bad teammate, but he was clearly never comfortable here.  If it wasn't for the Dodgers "gift," they would have moved him last off season.  I wish him the best...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You most certainly are mistaken!  We are not above demonizing ex player.  Nor should we be!  What the hell fun is that.  Now vilifying guys like Jed Lowrie, Coco Crisp, Adrian Beltre, et al. would just be silly!  Perfunctory at best!!!  Vilifying & demonizing these four is a must as a true Red Sox fan!!!!  Not with animosity, but with the type of zeal not seen since our founding fathers decided to cast off the shackles of an oppresive ruler.  Since 2011 Red Sox fans were being forced to give quarter to these players.  Being forced to have them live in our beloved Fenway Park.  Just as the residents of Boston were forced to give quarter to the Red Coats in the 1770's.  Not so fast!  As the Who said, "We won't get fooled again!"  We tore the shackles free & purged the new Red Coat wanna be's! 

Now it's time to tar & feather those who participated in our bondage!  We must all hang together or we shall surely hang separately.  Get out of our way Zilla!  Stand aside Joe!  You can not fight this holy crusade!  God is on our side!  ;)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

exactly....

but i don't care about agon..he is not on this team anymore...

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  I tend to root for all ex-RS players, assuming they aren't on the NYY, or aren't a direct threat, but past that, I don't much think about them.

Sections
Shortcuts