After a SP do upy think J. Bartlett for SS?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NegativeTrollsAbound. Show NegativeTrollsAbound's posts

After a SP do upy think J. Bartlett for SS?

Just thinking outside the box.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: After a SP do upy think J. Bartlett for SS?

I've always liked Bartlett and he always seemed to play tough against the Sox.

I think BenC may be holding onto Iggy as part of a trade or to actually give him the opportunity to show what he has. I'd start him, if he doesn't play well send him back to Pawtucket--give him a shot--what do you have to lose. I think he will do enough with the stick to make us overjoyed with his glove.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

forget bartlett, start iglesias. we need a good defensive ss and iglesias is the best we have. if he hits then thats a bonus. gold glove defense at short saves runs and helps picher. enough said.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I think we should surpress Iggy for another 3 to 4 years, be sure he is ready. Until then by all means let us have Bartlett come here and bat .240

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

What makes you expect GG defense from Iglesias? Covers a lot of ground, yes. Loses concentration or routine play and arm should be more accurate.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: After a SP do upy think J. Bartlett for SS?:
    forget bartlett, start iglesias. we need a good defensive ss and iglesias is the best we have. if he hits then thats a bonus. gold glove defense at short saves runs and helps picher. enough said.
    Posted by redsoxpride34

This is what some people say but are you still going to be singing the same tune if in June he is hitting .150 and has a stretch where he makes a few errors?

I think going into to spring training he should absolutely be considered for the opening day SS job but saying "i can live with no hitting and good defense" is very different than actually living with no hitting and good defense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: After a SP do upy think J. Bartlett for SS?:
    I think we should surpress Iggy for another 3 to 4 years, be sure he is ready. Until then by all means let us have Bartlett come here and bat .240
    Posted by BurritoT

He'll be out of options by then.  Padres would have to pay Barlett's entire salary and 2013 buyout to even consider him IMO.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Put Iglesias in there even if he hits like Punch-and-Judy-the-Mario-Mendoza-Line...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to After a SP do upy think J. Bartlett for SS?:
    Just thinking outside the box.
    Posted by NegativeTrollsAbound

No .... Think it's IGGY !!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from modod. Show modod's posts

When even the Padres are looking for an upgrade at SS with Bartlett, I don't think that's the way to go.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Time to start Iggy and see what he is made of.  Ozzie Smith was a punch and judy hitter when he started and actually learned to hit in the majors.  Getting old touting him as the Sox starter of the future...pretty soon the future (at least for him) will be the past.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from practial. Show practial's posts

If a player is out of options and is traded , can he be sent down without being a free agent?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sundvl20. Show sundvl20's posts

I at first thought the same way about Iglesias. If his glove is really that good, sox could deal with his hitting. Then I saw a couple of at bats. wow i have seen more bat speed in beer league. maybe worst hitter at this point i have ever seen in major leagues. I was hoping he would be the next Aparicio

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I know it's Petco and all, but he had a pretty bad year last year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

n

Sections
Shortcuts